Minicamp/OTA/TC Thread

6 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

They were putting a different guy at first team RG most of TC so far, so I dunno.

They’ve shuffled the whole OL because of injuries and Lewan screwing the team over. Conklin and Saffold have had their maintenance days while Kelly was out for “dehydration”.  Also think Davis has been banged up. 

20 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Finally listing DaQuan Jones as a NT.

Also, the offense lists 3 WRS AND 1 TE as starters. In the past it has listed 2 TEs and 2 TEs hasn't it? Am I imagining that?

Butler over Adoree.

I mean Jim Wyatt broke the news like 2 weeks ago Jones is playing NT, as for Butler over Adoree I recall last week Vrabel seem displeased with Adorees play saying he would like to see consistency out of him. He’s been up & down all camp technique still an issue & he still doesn’t understand route concepts 🤷🏽‍♂️

26 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Pamphile starting isn’t interesting. He’s been pretty much pegged there since he was brought back.

Agreed.  Doesn't mean anything since they have all the rookies third team.  IIRC, the coverage of training camp indicated that Nate Davis was getting more time with the ones than Pamphile was.

What I thought was interesting was having Taywan Taylor listed in front of Tajae Sharp.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:39 PM, titans0021 said:

He was terrible his rookie year. Like absolutely abysmal. His career catch percentage is 50%. His yards per target is more than a full yard under Mariota’s career average.

Taywan’s catch percentage is 64% and his yards per target is two full yards more than Tajae. And Taywan is bad at football.

Tajae, inexplicably, has carried this reputation as a good route runner with strong hands into the pros when he has never showcased any ability to gain separation and has routinely demonstrated a small catch radius. He is, at his best, a No. 4 with almost no potential.

bruh if you believe this, you are delusional. He was the opposite of horrible this rookie year. I remember all the training camp buzz that year being about the rookie 5th round pick lighting up trainining camp. he was the opening day starter at wr and had 42 catches, 500 yards and a couple TD's. that's not horrible from a rookie 5th round pick WR. That sound "abysmal" to you? I said here before when we drafted AJ that I expected sharpe or taylor to give him a run for the starting gig. Taylor has potential but Tajae is a good, steady WR. GREAT for depth and solid to get you  by starting for a few games if you need him. He's equivalent to a good, bench, role player in the nba. not a good starter but great to have coming off the bench. every team needs those kind've guys.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

bruh if you believe this, you are delusional. He was the opposite of horrible this rookie year. I remember all the training camp buzz that year being about the rookie 5th round pick lighting up trainining camp. he was the opening day starter at wr and had 42 catches, 500 yards and a couple TD's. that's not horrible from a rookie 5th round pick WR. That sound "abysmal" to you? I said here before when we drafted AJ that I expected sharpe or taylor to give him a run for the starting gig. Taylor has potential but Tajae is a good, steady WR. GREAT for depth and solid to get you  by starting for a few games if you need him. He's equivalent to a good, bench, role player in the nba. not a good starter but great to have coming off the bench. every team needs those kind've guys.

Ain’t no getting through to da people 😩 I’m starting to question do they really know football, they act as if we’re saying he’s a #1 dominant WR, all we’re saying is the guy is good, serviceable, & reliable when healthy & our QB is healthy & can get him the ball. Over 500yrds for a 5th round puck thrown in as the starter, playing in a stone age offense basic route concepts. 

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

Just so we’re clear, as a starting receiver, he averaged 2.6 catches for 32 yards per game while catching less than half of his targets. He had more snaps than any other receiving option on the team. And this was Mariota’s last good statistical year. I’m not sure what round he was drafted in has to do with anything, but yes, that’s abysmal.

I’m just trying to imagine a scenario where an outside receiver starts every game, plays over 70% of the snaps and barely averages 30 yards per game while posting the least efficient numbers and lowest catch rate on a team and that somehow qualifies as a good season. We could get Harry Douglas out of retirement today and he could put up those numbers if he was given that snap count and opportunity.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Just so we’re clear, as a starting receiver, he averaged 2.6 catches for 32 yards per game while catching less than half of his targets. He had more snaps than any other receiving option on the team. And this was Mariota’s last good statistical year. I’m not sure what round he was drafted in has to do with anything, but yes, that’s abysmal.

I’m just trying to imagine a scenario where an outside receiver starts every game, plays over 70% of the snaps and barely averages 30 yards per game while posting the least efficient numbers and lowest catch rate on a team and that somehow qualifies as a good season. We could get Harry Douglas out of retirement today and he could put up those numbers if he was given that snap count and opportunity.

Let’s be clear he wasn’t the 1st option which was Delanie in a run 1st offense with a OC that doesn’t have a clue on how to scheme up a passing attack where receivers run the same routes, digs, post corners & pick plays. You talking bout the same lame duck coach that always ran a bubble screen with the slowest WR on the team 🗣 stop it again mike malarkey & Robiskie are trash Corey Davis played the same position, ran the same routes his rookie yr they never moved him around never schemed him open, Tajae still was good & productive at times 

And again if you watch football you understand that Mariota struggles reading the field & going through his progression he basically is 2-3 read half the field player, his reads are his 1st option his 2nd option or safety blanket & check down. It’s not like he throws a lot of passes or yards a game 🤷🏽‍♂️ What do you want from Tajae at best he’s a 600-800 yards receiver who had over 500yrds as a rookie I’ll take it

good lord. just because we've had hot garbage at WR for the better part of the past two decades doesn't mean we have to lower our standards to the point where we're caping for tajae sharpe. the dude would not be a top 3 wide receiver on most teams in the league.