Minicamp/OTA/TC Thread

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

yeah lol i'm not even much of a mariota believer at this point but the hyper-analysis has gotten ridiculous. just wait till the games ffs

it's all Kuharsky trying to be "the tell it like it is guy" that he's so obsessed with trying to be. I like PK and his reporting, but man is he insecure

7 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Imagine taking practice seriously to try and evaluate someone. Mariota in his rookie year went his entire camp without throwing a pick then threw one on like his first pass in preseason. McNair hardly ever practiced and when he did he usually sucked, but that didn't mean he sucked on game day. Malcolm Butler was the best CB in the world in camp last year then was like the worst CB in football the first 8 weeks of the season.

And to top it all off, apparently Tannehill sucked in practice to. And on top of that? They each had like 6 reps per Vrabel.

Keep your evaluation of Mariota based on his play on the field. Don't get caught up in practice.

Practice performance never has and never will matter.

Agreed wit mostly everything but Malcolm butler he was getting beat in camp last yr a lot as well, however he made a lot of plays. He really is a zone press man corner that needs shaded help over the top. He’s vulnerable to double moves & can't accelerate or recover when beating 

• 3 weeks later...

Conklin tore his on January 14th and returned to play on September 30th. He was flat out horrible the whole season. I think that’s partly because of him being rushed back and partly because he wasn’t receiving as much help either as in years past. 8 1/2 months and he was back. I believe Simmons injury was on February 12th which if we use the same time frame as Conklin, that’s the end of October(Bucs game-Week 8). Our bye doesn’t come until Week 11 so honestly I wouldn’t rush him back before that. Bring back Week 12 against the Jags for the final 6 games if he’s ready. That’s a little over 9 months. Honestly can’t expect him to be a stud right away regardless and he definitely wouldn’t be playing full time even during that time.  Most likely just certain packages at maybe 10-15 snaps a game to start. Evans was slow to start as he was facing a hamstring injury and missed basically all of TC. He was terrible the first few weeks as he worked his way back. By the end of the year, he looked a lot more comfortable and the game slowed down as he making more and more plays every game. Obviously every player recovers at a different time period but I expect if he returns this year late November-early December(Week 12-Week 14) would be when we’d see him. 

What or who are you guys looking for this Training Camp?

TC is tough to judge a lot of things because of the pace and going against the same teammates over and over.

Last year Butler was the TC MVP IMO it felt like everyday he was picking off Mariota but then struggled for the first half of the season.

I don’t know if he’ll be ready to start camp or not but when ever Delanie Walker gets out there I’m very interested to see how he looks speed wise. I don’t know how we’ll be able to tell but hopefully when we see him he doesn’t look slow or anything 

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

TC is tough to judge a lot of things because of the pace and going against the same teammates over and over.

Last year Butler was the TC MVP IMO it felt like everyday he was picking off Mariota but then struggled for the first half of the season.

I don’t know if he’ll be ready to start camp or not but when ever Delanie Walker gets out there I’m very interested to see how he looks speed wise. I don’t know how we’ll be able to tell but hopefully when we see him he doesn’t look slow or anything 

I mean, I'll read anything I see, but I pretty much just want to hear about position battles, the roster bubble, and how guys are coming back from injury.  The rest is whatever, and usually borderline meaningless.

Who's starting over who and who's making noise on the back end is what's new anyway, and new stuff or other changes are the only exciting part of this part of the offseason IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Top 5 guys I’m intrigued by 

1.Rahsaan Evans Is he ready to take the next jump

2 Jonnu Smith does he pushes Delanie, is he our TE in the wing 

3. Adoree Jackson will he finally put it together mentally, has all the tools to be special but doesn’t play with technique doesn’t have a feel in recognizing route concepts.

4. Aj Brown VS Taywan Taylor. Who will start opposite of Corey Davis & become our #2 WR

5. Harold Landry & Jack Conklin I want to see has Landry been in the weight Room does he has a counter move has his hands gotten better, I also want to see which Jack Conklin is coming to camp the former all pro or the shell of himself RT 

52 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Top 5 guys I’m intrigued by 

1.Rahsaan Evans Is he ready to take the next jump

2 Jonnu Smith does he pushes Delanie, is he our TE in the wing 

3. Adoree Jackson will he finally put it together mentally, has all the tools to be special but doesn’t play with technique doesn’t have a feel in recognizing route concepts.

4. Aj Brown VS Taywan Taylor. Who will start opposite of Corey Davis & become our #2 WR

5. Harold Landry & Jack Conklin I want to see has Landry been in the weight Room does he has a counter move has his hands gotten better, I also want to see which Jack Conklin is coming to camp the former all pro or the shell of himself RT 

I am so done with hoping Taylor being a 2 or 3.

Every camp and preseason he seems to do very well then the games come and he scores his 1 TD a year and then has a case of the drops.

Taylor might look so much better by doing more with less.

I hope no injuries happen to us with the WRs because I really want to see Davis Brown and Humphries all starting with Walker and Smith at TE and see how it all looks.

I’m hoping Taylor’s snaps go down but hoping because of that his production goes up. Hoping less drops and more chunk plays 

• Like 1

I’m itching for Titans talk so I’m going to try and create Titans talk before the 21st rolls around.

When the Titans show up to camp and start running the offense, then 2 weeks later in Philadelphia who will be starting at Guard by the time we kickoff that preseason game?

Davis or Leavin?

24 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m itching for Titans talk so I’m going to try and create Titans talk before the 21st rolls around.

When the Titans show up to camp and start running the offense, then 2 weeks later in Philadelphia who will be starting at Guard by the time we kickoff that preseason game?

Davis or Leavin?

Pamphile

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Pamphile

Agreed.  It's Pamphile's job to lose.  I'd be surprised if Davis hasn't taken it by the season's end, but he's got some technique to work on.  I'm not sure why Levin is in the discussion for RG at all.  He was always expected to be a center, IIRC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Agreed.  It's Pamphile's job to lose.  I'd be surprised if Davis hasn't taken it by the season's end, but he's got some technique to work on.  I'm not sure why Levin is in the discussion for RG at all.  He was always expected to be a center, IIRC.

Ya I guess the question becomes if there is an injury to a Guard who goes in first Davis or Leavin but hopefully Davis is that guy that is first in line