Minicamp/OTA/TC Thread

It’s just funny cause last year I remember us arguing who was better between Sharpe & Taylor 😩🤣🤣 man the guy has all the tools just can’t catch the ball with his hands consistently. Aye I dare any of you guys go back & look at his 4th down catch against the eagles he caught that baby with his body you can tell he’s not confident catching wit his hands 

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think Godwin was a much more hyped prospect than Taylor at the time, no hindsight needed.

I wanted Godwin just because he was from Delaware and I had coached against him but it is what it is. I liked Taylor coming out as well but he just hasn’t translated.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think Godwin was a much more hyped prospect than Taylor at the time, no hindsight needed.

I think all 4 of those guys were similarly hyped/ranked, which shows in how they were all drafted in the same range. At the time I don't think most of us were up in arms over Taylor being the pick.

It's just always funny how people(fans, media, myself lol) always pick the successful draft picks in the "coulda, shoulda, woulda" game of the draft but always ignore the other draft bust picked in that same draft range.

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I think all 4 of those guys were similarly hyped/ranked, which shows in how they were all drafted in the same range. At the time I don't think most of us were up in arms over Taylor being the pick.

It's just always funny how people(fans, media, myself lol) always pick the successful draft picks in the "coulda, shoulda, woulda" game of the draft but always ignore the other draft bust picked in that same draft range.

In my case, I liked Godwin as a prospect since he had a great game against Adoree Jackson in their bowl matchup.  I knew very little about Taylor.

But I get what you're saying.  I also whined about Byard when we could have had Vonn Bell a few picks earlier.

In regards to Taylor, I thought he could be similar to Santonio Holmes, or at the least Kendall Wright level. He hasn't even come close to reaching that though.

I want to give him and all our WRs somewhat of the benefit of the doubt with our QB situation last year, but he had plenty of chances to be a playmaker and just didn't come through. It's make or break for a number of guys and I feel he's right there at the top.

13 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

In regards to Taylor, I thought he could be similar to Santonio Holmes, or at the least Kendall Wright level. He hasn't even come close to reaching that though.

I want to give him and all our WRs somewhat of the benefit of the doubt with our QB situation last year, but he had plenty of chances to be a playmaker and just didn't come through. It's make or break for a number of guys and I feel he's right there at the top.

But he’s heading in year 3 he still a unfinished product. Though I’m tough on the kid, I must admit he’s gotten better each year, however he still can’t knock the biggest problem catching consistently 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm far too lazy to look it up at the moment so it might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Taylor had one of the lowest drop%s in the league last year.

That’s true but keep in mind he doesn’t get a lot of targets & catches mostly everything with his body, he sucks at tracking the ball or over the shoulders type catches

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm far too lazy to look it up at the moment so it might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Taylor had one of the lowest drop%s in the league last year.

He was a train wreck last year I don’t care what the stats say.

Dropped a TD vs Miami, had a drop either vs Jags and Houston and had one against Phi.

Almost ran into a ref in London or vs Baltimore on a deep ball.

I just think the guy has had opportunities for 2 years now to show he should be a number 2 but he’s very much a reason, not the reason but a reason why the Titans spent money on Humphries and drafted Brown 

• Like 2

David Boclair was on The Wake Up Zone this morning in Nashville and Blaine asked him about Taywan Taylor

Boclair was saying how fortunate Taylor is right now due to the injuries to Brown and Batson.

Blaine mentioned Taylor could be trade bait

Boclair also said Taylor manages to stick around because in the preseason Taylor plays against the back ups a lot and manages to show flashes against them so he manages to stick around 

At the end of the day I think he sticks around the Titans seem to have WR issues throughout history so he probably sticks around. I still think Sharpe is ahead of him on the depth chart. I said before maybe this is a situation where Taylor does more with less playing time 

4 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

David Boclair was on The Wake Up Zone this morning in Nashville and Blaine asked him about Taywan Taylor

Boclair was saying how fortunate Taylor is right now due to the injuries to Brown and Batson.

Blaine mentioned Taylor could be trade bait

Boclair also said Taylor manages to stick around because in the preseason Taylor plays against the back ups a lot and manages to show flashes against them so he manages to stick around 

At the end of the day I think he sticks around the Titans seem to have WR issues throughout history so he probably sticks around. I still think Sharpe is ahead of him on the depth chart. I said before maybe this is a situation where Taylor does more with less playing time 

He’s a situational deep threat at best