Sign in to follow this  
minutemancl

Giants sign RT Mike Remmers

The right side of the Giants offensive line has gone from Patrick Omameh and Ereck Flowers last year to Kevin Zeitler and Mike Remmers this year. Pretty serious upgrade. Zeitler is an elite guard and Remmers is at least a serviceable right tackle. 

They’ve actually got a good line now. For a few years they featured a few overdrafted guys that just weren’t good 

Akiem Hicks was saddened by this news until he realized the Bears play the Giants this year

Remmers was decent at RT in 2017. But he was horrible at RG last year. Seems like an okay spot for him.

Eh, Remmers should be okay as a stopgap. Plus he has familiarity with Shurmur.

Anything short of a Pop Warner Kid is a Upgrade over Flowers.

Not that he's great anywhere but he was a much better RT than an RG for the Vikings. Hopefully they plan to keep him at tackle. 

5 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Not that he's great anywhere but he was a much better RT than an RG for the Vikings. Hopefully they plan to keep him at tackle. 

their rg is Zeitler so safe to say Remmer is the tackle

Remmers was an okay stopgap at RT.  Lets just hope for the Giants sake, Gettleman doesn't get the idea to rely on him playing LT for the offense again.

A good offensive line is always good, great to see the Giants taking the steps needed to fix theirs. 

Mike Remmers?  Good luck with that, I thought he had some potential coming to Minnesota, had a decent career at Oregon State and a little nasty to him in the run game.  But I was very disappointed in him at tackle, he got beat down and then the move to guard blew up also and he did little to nothing there either.  No way was he worth the contract they gave him in Minnesota and he was a disappointment to say the least.  

Only thing he has going for him is experience, in college it seemed hey he has some good feet, moves well and is aggressive enough in the run game to maybe do some things, showed a little on Carolina but just has never taken that next step.  My guess is Wheeler is the other starting OT not Remmers.  Is crazy how bad Solder was after playing so well on the Patriots, see if Trent Brown can play well in Oakland or is it indeed the system in New England that allows them success as a OT.

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Mike Remmers?  Good luck with that, I thought he had some potential coming to Minnesota, had a decent career at Oregon State and a little nasty to him in the run game.  But I was very disappointed in him at tackle, he got beat down and then the move to guard blew up also and he did little to nothing there either.  No way was he worth the contract they gave him in Minnesota and he was a disappointment to say the least.  

Only thing he has going for him is experience, in college it seemed hey he has some good feet, moves well and is aggressive enough in the run game to maybe do some things, showed a little on Carolina but just has never taken that next step.  My guess is Wheeler is the other starting OT not Remmers.  Is crazy how bad Solder was after playing so well on the Patriots, see if Trent Brown can play well in Oakland or is it indeed the system in New England that allows them success as a OT.

Solder is our LT, as he deserves to be after finishing the second half of the season very strong. Replacing Omameh and Flowers with Jamon Brown and Chad Wheeler helped a bit, but really what helped the offense improve drastically in the 2nd half of the season was the improved play and chemistry of Solder and Hernandez on the left side. Solder isn't an elite tackle or anything, but he's absolutely a solid one. Wheeler just isnt good. I wouldn't be ok with him having any role greater than a swing tackle. 

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Solder is our LT, as he deserves to be after finishing the second half of the season very strong. Replacing Omameh and Flowers with Jamon Brown and Chad Wheeler helped a bit, but really what helped the offense improve drastically in the 2nd half of the season was the improved play and chemistry of Solder and Hernandez on the left side. Solder isn't an elite tackle or anything, but he's absolutely a solid one. Wheeler just isnt good. I wouldn't be ok with him having any role greater than a swing tackle. 

I would be surprised to see Mike Remmers become a starter, the guy is not good.  If you think Wheeler is not good well Mike Remmers is not good either, they tried to move him to guard because tackle just was not working out and guard did not work out either.  Now you feel he can start at tackle again and become a great player?  They better hope so because he was simply not in Minnesota, he was barely even a starter much less a good one.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I would be surprised to see Mike Remmers become a starter, the guy is not good.  If you think Wheeler is not good well Mike Remmers is not good either, they tried to move him to guard because tackle just was not working out and guard did not work out either.  Now you feel he can start at tackle again and become a great player?  They better hope so because he was simply not in Minnesota, he was barely even a starter much less a good one.  

Welp: I will confess, as a long-suffering Giants' fan, I would be very happy indeed if Dave Gettleman stopped using the term "hog mollies", and actually picked up a couple more "NFL offensive linemen"- say, right tackle and center? Not as sexy a phrase, but still.........?

"Hunh?"

Image result for Dave Gettleman

On 5/11/2019 at 6:42 PM, lark25 said:

They’ve actually got a good line now. For a few years they featured a few overdrafted guys that just weren’t good 

Mike Remmers doesnt help that mucj. Has been brutal lately.