2019 West Finals | (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers (GSW wins 4-0)

beekay414

Who Represents the West in the 2019 NBA Finals?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who Represents the West in the 2019 NBA Finals?

• (2) Denver Nuggets
    • (1) Golden State Warriors
    • (3) Portland Trail Blazers

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Gonna be so much fun, man. I'm ready for it. Can't believe it's this close to happening. Never in a million years did I think it would. Good luck and let's hope for a highly competitive, highly entertaining series. May the best team win.

Just make sure you guys don't let the Raptors tie it up at 2-2! 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just make sure you guys don't let the Raptors tie it up at 2-2! 

Man, how many times did we lose b2b games this year? It's not happening. We're going to basically end their season tomorrow. Trust it.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I want to see if Giannis can successfully defend KD. Is he the unicorn who can? Because LeBron couldn't, but Giannis actually has comparable length to KD.

Length doesn't really both KD, he gets bothered by those that could get into him.

Middleton guarded him better than Giannis did the last few years, especially this year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Length doesn't really both KD, he gets bothered by those that could get into him.

Middleton guarded him better than Giannis did the last few years, especially this year. 

Yep. Middleton is our guy that we put on #1 scorers. When he actually gives a crap, he's a guy that makes things extremely tough on them. Giannis is best off being a floater/help defender protecting the rim. That's where his impact is felt.

And, honestly, we'll give KD the mid-range all day. We'll give that to any team that wants to take them. We do our damnedest to stop teams at the rim and stopping other team's top shooters on the perimeter. It'll be fun to watch, that's for sure. Chess match for the ages IMO.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yep. Middleton is our guy that we put on #1 scorers. When he actually gives a crap, he's a guy that makes things extremely tough on them. Giannis is best off being a floater/help defender protecting the rim. That's where his impact is felt.

Yep, Middleton has better instincts defending the ball and gets into KD's body like Tucker does. Giannis is obviously a great defender, but Durant is able to shoot over everyone, including him. Length isn't worrying a man who is damn near 7 feet and could pull from 30+ lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, Middleton has better instincts defending the ball and gets into KD's body like Tucker does. Giannis is obviously a great defender, but Durant is able to shoot over everyone, including him. Length isn't worrying a man who is damn near 7 feet and could pull from 30+ lol. 

Yep. KD isn't someone you hope to stop, much like Kawhi this series. He's someone you hope to contain/make it tough on. That's legitimately all you can ask.

We drop on screens, more than I'd like, but it's aided by Bledsoe's ability to get over them and still contest shots. If they screen that with Brogdon/Mirotic on Klay, that's a different story. Klay's going to get his looks if that's the case.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. KD isn't someone you hope to stop, much like Kawhi this series. He's someone you hope to contain/make it tough on. That's legitimately all you can ask.

We drop on screens, more than I'd like, but it's aided by Bledsoe's ability to get over them and still contest shots. If they screen that with Brogdon/Mirotic on Klay, that's a different story. Klay's going to get his looks if that's the case.

Coach Bud really does give up more clean looks from down town in the playoffs than other coaches. I remember his puzzling strategy against the Cavs where they just DESTROYED the Hawks from down town. 

But honestly, go back and check the Warriors percentages from down town all postseason. It is pretty damn mediocre. Bucks are going to be a much smarter defensive team than the Blazers and even the Rockets were late in that series. They will let Green/Iggy shoot while protecting the rim and at least fighting through the screens. Going to be a great series indeed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think KD is seven feet or taller (in shoes). He looked a couple inches taller than Capela.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Coach Bud really does give up more clean looks from down town in the playoffs than other coaches. I remember his puzzling strategy against the Cavs where they just DESTROYED the Hawks from down town. 

But honestly, go back and check the Warriors percentages from down town all postseason. It is pretty damn mediocre. Bucks are going to be a much smarter defensive team than the Blazers and even the Rockets were late in that series. They will let Green/Iggy shoot while protecting the rim and at least fighting through the screens. Going to be a great series indeed. 

With how strong Green has been on offense of late, I don't think leaving him alone is a great strategy at this point.

I think KD is seven feet or taller (in shoes). He looked a couple inches taller than Capela.

I remember seeing a picture of him and LeBron after working out in the summer a few years back and KD was a good three inches taller than him lol. He really may be 7 feet. 

With how strong Green has been on offense of late, I don't think leaving him alone is a great strategy at this point.

Honestly, Portland is trapping Curry and letting Green play make. But from down town? Green has been ICE cold all postseason. Dude is shooting like 13% from down town in the playoffs. And Iggy hasn't really hit any shots this series either. That's still the best strategy to let those two shoot. 

• Like 1