Activated10

Indianapolis Colts aren't SB Contenders

43 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The Chiefs defense was bad, really, really, really bad with better players than what they have now.  The offense is going to seriously miss Hunt and Hill and Mitch Morris.  Dont be shocked when the Chiefs take a big step back this year.  And no, ther is no way....nooooo way that the Chiefs dline is a top 5 unit, let alone the best in the league.

Colts are absolutely a superbowl contender and one of the top 3 teams in the conference.  They have been my pick to represent the AFC all off season.

To be fair, our DL was the strongest part of our D last year (if you count 3-4 OLB as DL), and it will be again this year. Okafor, Jones, Nnadi, Clark is still a very strong front 4. Not far off the Ford, Jones, Bailey, Houston nickel DL we ran last year. Okafor's spot is a downgrade there, but we did also improve our depth with Ogbah and Saunders, along with Speaks getting some experience.

I disagree though that overall our D had better players last year. Edge is probably a slight downgrade. Houston and Ford is probably a little better than Clark, Okafor, and Ogbah. But we've definitely improved at LB. Hitchens gets back to the 4-3 he belongs in, and Lee and Wilson are better off the line LBs than Ragland or Sorensen who effectively played nickel LB for us. CB, we swapped an okay Steven Nelson for an okay Brashaud Breeland. Probably a slight downgrade. But the upgrade going from Ron Parker to Tyrann Mathieu will be substantial. And if Thronhill can add anything at the other spot, that would be even better. Our biggest strength, edge rush, did likely take a step back. But our weakest spots, LB, S, and run defense on the edge, all improved. Our best unit isn't going to be as good on D, most likely, but it will be a much more well-rounded D. This will make it tougher for the teams that wrecked us last year to pick on our obvious weaknesses like what the Pats or even the Steelers did.

Offense I'm not concerned about until we know what will actually happen with Hill. Hunt and Morse already missed 4 games each last year and we didn't miss a beat. Williams replaced Hunt's production fine. Austin Reiter did the same for Morse (actually graded out better than Morse per PFF....if we care about that.) I've also just kind of stopped caring about OL turnover with this coaching staff. We've had like 7 seasons worth of losing OL starters and it just not mattering. Albert and Hudson and Asamoah and Allen and Stephenson and Fulton and on and on. Every year we lose a pretty good offensive linemen, they sign for big money we can't afford elsewhere, they wind up busting there (except Hudson) and we replace them with another team's bust or a low round pick and life goes on.

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

To be fair, our DL was the strongest part of our D last year (if you count 3-4 OLB as DL), and it will be again this year. Okafor, Jones, Nnadi, Clark is still a very strong front 4. Not far off the Ford, Jones, Bailey, Houston nickel DL we ran last year. Okafor's spot is a downgrade there, but we did also improve our depth with Ogbah and Saunders, along with Speaks getting some experience.

I disagree though that overall our D had better players last year. Edge is probably a slight downgrade. Houston and Ford is probably a little better than Clark, Okafor, and Ogbah. But we've definitely improved at LB. Hitchens gets back to the 4-3 he belongs in, and Lee and Wilson are better off the line LBs than Ragland or Sorensen who effectively played nickel LB for us. CB, we swapped an okay Steven Nelson for an okay Brashaud Breeland. Probably a slight downgrade. But the upgrade going from Ron Parker to Tyrann Mathieu will be substantial. And if Thronhill can add anything at the other spot, that would be even better. Our biggest strength, edge rush, did likely take a step back. But our weakest spots, LB, S, and run defense on the edge, all improved. Our best unit isn't going to be as good on D, most likely, but it will be a much more well-rounded D. This will make it tougher for the teams that wrecked us last year to pick on our obvious weaknesses like what the Pats or even the Steelers did.

Offense I'm not concerned about until we know what will actually happen with Hill. Hunt and Morse already missed 4 games each last year and we didn't miss a beat. Williams replaced Hunt's production fine. Austin Reiter did the same for Morse (actually graded out better than Morse per PFF....if we care about that.) I've also just kind of stopped caring about OL turnover with this coaching staff. We've had like 7 seasons worth of losing OL starters and it just not mattering. Albert and Hudson and Asamoah and Allen and Stephenson and Fulton and on and on. Every year we lose a pretty good offensive linemen, they sign for big money we can't afford elsewhere, they wind up busting there (except Hudson) and we replace them with another team's bust or a low round pick and life goes on.

Respectfully I have to disagree about not missing a beat w/o Hunt, look at the offensive production before he was cut, then after he was cut, it took a clear dip, granted going from out of this world to pretty good isnt the worst thing, but losing Hill now on top of that, who besides himself producing, also dictated coverages bc of his ability to beat anybody deep, things are going to be a little tougher on Mahommes this year bc of it.  Even if you think that Hunt isnt totally done (cant say I blame you for holding out hope) best case is that he doesn't play a snap of football this year and is just on the commish exempt list (which he will be as soon as TC kicks off) while the NFL conducts their own investigation (assuming the dfs investigation has concluded by that point).  No doubt big red will have a top 12 offense bc that's what he does regardless of personnel, but again I anticipate the chiefs offense will be in the realm of pretty good, and I dont think pretty good is going to be enough to overcome atrocious defense.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hahahahahahahah

Wait

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah

The Chiefs defense was bad, really, really, really bad with better players than what they have now.  The offense is going to seriously miss Hunt and Hill and Mitch Morris.  Dont be shocked when the Chiefs take a big step back this year.  And no, ther is no way....nooooo way that the Chiefs dline is a top 5 unit, let alone the best in the league.

Colts are absolutely a superbowl contender and one of the top 3 teams in the conference.  They have been my pick to represent the AFC all off season.

Man, talk about being salty for me calling out your nonsense that Trubisky is supposedly a good QB.

Take it easy.

I stand by what I have said.

This Chiefs Dline will be real strong.

Edited by Buckweath

9 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Man, talk about being salty for me calling out your nonsense that Trubisky is supposedly a good QB.

Take it easy.

I stand by what I have said.

This Chiefs Dline will be real strong.

I'm not salty about anything, yet I have to agree with him. Calling Chiefs DL the best in the league is pretty hilarious. Sure, its possible. But it doesn't even remotely look like that will be the case.

53 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Respectfully I have to disagree about not missing a beat w/o Hunt, look at the offensive production before he was cut, then after he was cut, it took a clear dip, granted going from out of this world to pretty good isnt the worst thing, but losing Hill now on top of that, who besides himself producing, also dictated coverages bc of his ability to beat anybody deep, things are going to be a little tougher on Mahommes this year bc of it.  Even if you think that Hunt isnt totally done (cant say I blame you for holding out hope) best case is that he doesn't play a snap of football this year and is just on the commish exempt list (which he will be as soon as TC kicks off) while the NFL conducts their own investigation (assuming the dfs investigation has concluded by that point).  No doubt big red will have a top 12 offense bc that's what he does regardless of personnel, but again I anticipate the chiefs offense will be in the realm of pretty good, and I dont think pretty good is going to be enough to overcome atrocious defense.

Over 32 points per game and over 400 yards per game in the 5 regular season games after Hunt. Still 32 points per game and just under 400 yards per game if you throw in the two postseason outings. If we sit at that without Hunt next year, that will make little difference. That's better than in the realm of pretty good.

Our offense should fall off a little, just because of regression to the mean, but the reverse will likely occur with the D, and it will even out.

4 hours ago, Buckweath said:

That's just a really bad take but you sound like a Chiefs hater.

He's simply offering historical evidence to suggest the Chiefs may regress. That makes him a hater?

That's a joke, right?

3 hours ago, Buckweath said:

I like that we are turning this into a Chiefs thread.

Because it's good to completely derail threads, yes? 

Posted (edited)

Let’s not forget that for most of the games without Hunt, KC was also missing Sammy Watkins

And Mahomes still did what no other KC QB could do: win a Divisional at Arrowhead

In plain English, that’s says “MVP”

Edited by Nightime

7 minutes ago, Nightime said:

Let’s not forget that for most of the games without Hunt, KC was also missing Sammy Watkins

And Mahomes still did what no other KC QB could do: win a Divisional at Arrowhead

In plain English, that’s says “MVP”

Not sure who KC fans think Watkins is. But he is a unreliable WR who hasnt broken 600 yds since 2015. Going into the season with Damian Williams as your best RB and Sammy Watkins as your best wr, is bad. Like bottom of the league bad. I cant think of more than a handful of worst RB1 & WR1. 

Also measuring Mahomes to the inept history of KC qbs is not the standard.  

KC is not by any means or measure fielding a powerhouse. I can name 15 more talented teams. 

Since i will be asked... teams more talented than KC.

LAC

LAR

NO

ATL

HOU

CLE

PHILLY

MINN

CHI

DAL

WASH

SF

BUF

JAGS

so 14... i might be missing someone.

The Kansas City Chiefs will look different. Better or worse remains to be seen. Offenses that scored 35+ points on average in NFL history regressed by 8-9 PPG the following season. 28-30 points per game should be expected from the Kansas City Chiefs. Their defense will live and die by their secondary. Can the Kansas City Chiefs cover anybody? They will probably be improved. Mathieu was a good get and they still got Kendal Fuller but lost Steven Nelson. Maybe Thornhill can make a big impact. The defensive line looks strong and the linebackers don't but the secondary will decide their fate. Overall the Kansas City Chiefs look like a team that will have a top 5 offense and a defense ranked between 15 and 25 depending how their defensive backs perform. If it's closer to 15 then the Kansas City Chiefs should be looked as at least co-favorites to win the AFC and Super Bowl. If it's closer to 25, the Chiefs will not win the AFC West.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Not sure who KC fans think Watkins is. But he is a unreliable WR who hasnt broken 600 yds since 2015. Going into the season with Damian Williams as your best RB and Sammy Watkins as your best wr, is bad. Like bottom of the league bad. I cant think of more than a handful of worst RB1 & WR1. 

Also measuring Mahomes to the inept history of KC qbs is not the standard.  

KC is not by any means or measure fielding a powerhouse. I can name 15 more talented teams. 

Why has mighty LAC always failed against KC if they’re so much more talented?

31 minutes ago, Nightime said:

That's a silly comment. I'm sure he'll respond at length, so I won't--but you're aware there has been an off-season, right? 

43 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That's a silly comment. I'm sure he'll respond at length, so I won't--but you're aware there has been an off-season, right? 

I think he's probably pointing to the fact that we've had years of the Chargers being declared better and more talented.

2 hours ago, Nightime said:

Because talent doesnt always equate to wins. Coaching is a huge part of securing wins in the NFL. Chargers lacked talent from 2012 to 2016, but was also hindered by abysmal coaching. Chargers now seemingly have a very good coach and that talent to match. Even with alot of injuries late, they still had the same type of season as KC. 

When someone claims KC is a powerhouse, he is suggesting based on talent. But when looking objectively at the landscape of the NFL, there is noway anyone can say KC is one of the top 8 most talented teams. Top 10, i guess you can make arguments.

During KCs run they had a huge disparity in coaching. Last 2 years they won the division by 1.5 games combined (Lynn as a first time ever head coach)

Also, last i checked... their most recent meeting, LAC didn't fail. They won. I think their last game is more relevant in projecting the future meetings, than what happen 3 years ago.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Offseason? The Chargers were better last offseason as well

KC is built for the playoffs/January, not the “Offseason Championship.”

Edited by Nightime