Indianapolis Colts aren't SB Contenders

Activated10

40 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

That's exactly the same thing. When he talks about KC and postseason success, he certainly isn't talking about the Alex Smith years. Let alone GrBac or Cassel.

It's straight hypocrisy. You're saying KC isn't built for the playoffs because of old struggles, while thinking it's only fair to bring up the last time LAC played KC, because those old games don't matter.

They're the same kind of argument, but you're saying one is valid but the other isn't.

It really isnt close to the same thing. If thats the standard for correlating KC as built for the post season... then I guess Chargers are their playoff win last year suggest they are built for the post season.

It's funny considering KC was one of the most active teams in the offseason. So that would suggest, they are trying for the offseason champs moniker.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Stop throwing out Stafford. No one thought Stafford was elite at the time. Dude didn't even make the pro-bowl, let alone win MVP. That comparison is as weak as if I went the other way and said he's basically already 2004 Peyton Manning.

The confidence of KC fans, I would say, comes primarily from two things. The fact that we average 11 wins during Reid's tenure, and have been an almost constant playoff presence in that time. And yes, the fact that we have the reigning MVP at QB. Those two things absolutely justify confidence. Every move that has been made by KC this offseason, whether we're talking the positives like adding Clark and Mathieu and Thornhill, or the negatives like losing Houston and Ford and Morse, are less significant than the fact that we have a phenomenal HC and QB duo. And hey, if Mahomes steps back, we made the playoffs in 2017 with the 28th ranked defense and Alex Smith. I trust Reid to make it work if that happens.

If we had Goff instead, heck year I'd be just as confident. He had an MVP caliber season last year in his own right.

Stafford did it in a year that Brees had 5000 and 46 and Rodgers had 45 tds and highest passer rating season ever. All in the same conference.  People point to Mahomes solely because of the 5000 and 50 statline. Stafford a solid qb with much less help had comparable numbers.

In 2017, you won the division at 10-6. You guys on the past have barely won the division

Tie breaker in 16, by 1 game in 17, tie breaker in 18. You arent winning by a comfortable enough margin that where teams in your own division are going to inprove and have better coaching and not overtake you.

Truth is KC needed every bit of Mahomes monster MVP season to even win the division by a tie breaker. So my question is if Mahomes steps back, how balanced will it really be. Your defense gave up big points in big offensive shootouts. So even if your defense improves and the offense regresses, theyd still be losses. Because they were such heavily one sided outings. 

3 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Chargers fans are like the little brother trying to show off and barking. When the season rolls around, the Chiefs will show them business. It is what it is. 

They didnt see the rise of Mahomes coming. They don't see the Chiefs about to be a powerhouse.

😂😂😂 2019 season is gonna be such a bad experience for you. I wish you the best in dealing with it. 

11 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Does that matter? Railing against media expectations is the new norm? 

"Built for the playoffs/January"? Good lord that's dumb. I mean really, really dumb. Explain why my statement was wrong, and I'd be more than happy to have an actual conversation about football with you. Or...you know what? Dispense with the grade school hyperbole, and I'd be more than happy to a conversation about football with you. You seem like a good guy.

Yep, get used to it.

Under Mahomes, KC is elite. What the Chiefs did from 1970-2017 is totally irrelevant to this new era because back then they didn’t have Mahomes

KC, once again, had a better season than the “superior” Chargers. 23 year old MVP QB. 

Thats playoff ready, buddy

11 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

It really isnt close to the same thing. If thats the standard for correlating KC as built for the post season... then I guess Chargers are their playoff win last year suggest they are built for the post season.

It's funny considering KC was one of the most active teams in the offseason. So that would suggest, they are trying for the offseason champs moniker.

KC advanced further than LAC and didn’t get blown out by the Patriots. That’s why KC is clearly the more playoff ready team. 

KC is the favorite because Mahomes/Reid>Rivers/Lynn

16 minutes ago, Nightime said:

Yep, get used to it.

Under Mahomes, KC is elite. What the Chiefs did from 1970-2017 is totally irrelevant to this new era because back then they didn’t have Mahomes

KC, once again, had a better season than the “superior” Chargers. 23 year old MVP QB. 

I actually never claimed the Chargers were superior. I was just confused (and legitimately so, I think) as to why folks were saying what they were saying.

But you're making a point there about Mahomes, and I get it. I expect some regression from him this coming season, but that doesn't mean he's not the real deal. And any time you've got one of those type guys--with a decent team around him--you've got a shot. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nightime said:

KC advanced further than LAC and didn’t get blown out by the Patriots. That’s why KC is clearly the more playoff ready team. 

KC is the favorite because Mahomes/Reid>Rivers/Lynn

You won 1 playoff game.. LAC beat KC last time they played, at Arrowhead, missing 5 starters on defense, a probowl wr and probowl rb spotting KC a 14 point lead in the 4th. Chargers are the superior team and were the superior team.

You were shutout at home for the 1st half, vs a team that was 3-5 on the road, with a healthy KC team. Chargers with injuries all over defense, that forced them to play a completely unique formation lost on the road to an 8-0 team at home.

Rivers >>> Mahomes until Mahomes can prove to be more than a 1 year wonder.

Chargers entire roster >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kc's. 

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

You won 1 playoff game.. LAC beat KC last time they played, at Arrowhead, missing 5 starters on defense, a probowl wr and probowl rb spotting KC a 14 point lead in the 4th. Chargers are the superior team and were the superior team.

You were shutout at home for the 1st half, vs a team that was 3-5 on the road, with a healthy KC team. Chargers with injuries all over defense, that forced them to play a completely unique formation lost on the road to an 8-0 team at home.

I can see you guys having a 2009 or 2006 like season. Great regular season team

45 minutes ago, Nightime said:

Yep, get used to it.

Both teams finished 12-4 and 1-1 in the playoffs. Difference is KC finished the season 4-4 and Chargers finished 6-2. Chargers arrow is up, KC's is down.

7 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Both teams finished 12-4 and 1-1 in the playoffs. Difference is KC finished the season 4-4 and Chargers finished 6-2. Chargers arrow is up, KC's is down.

“Arrow is up.”

I’ve heard that said about the Chargers for 3 straight years.

• Like 2

The Chiefs team being the number 1 seed happened because they were a good team that got some breaks.

• You can't count on those breaks every year.
  • Being +11 in turnovers is a fluke that is almost never repeated.

They were an atrocious D that played really well on 3rd down and that was in huge part due to Houston and Ford.

You can pretend that Okafor and Clark will do the same but even Ford and Houston were unlikely to be that good on 3rd down again.

Saying Mahomes will regress is not a hot take. He will almost certainly regress (unless he is better than Manning/Marino/Rogers/Brees/Brady

• How much he regresses is what we will find out.
  • He can still be a top 5-10 QB with 35 TDs and that's a 105 point regression.

This was a 13 win team with an expected win total of 10.7. Its also a team that is going through a bunch of transition and turmoil.

Someone specifically mentioned that the Chiefs killed them and I provided reasons why that may be irrelevant.

A hot take is pretending that Okafor with 22 sacks in 6 years (5 years as a regular) makes him anything like Houston who had 22 sacks in 1 season.

• He has 30 more in 43 games since that 22 sack season

Feel free to stick your head in the sand and pretend Tyreek Hill is playing 16 games this year.

• Like 1

Next up is the Texans.

610 in Houston is called Texans radio and they are all Texans all the time.

• They have all focused on this since the schedule came out:
    • The Texans faced 3 offenses in the top 15 last year and the QBs they faced were mostly a mess.

Here are the QBs on last year's schedule.

• Bortles  x1.5 (joke) Kessler x0.5 (joke)
  • Allen / Peterman (rookie/joke)
  • Luck x3 (killed them - 8 TDs 2 picks in 2 Texans losses and an OT win that should have been a tie)
  • Darnold (rookie)
  • Mayfield (rookie)
  • Blaine Gabbert (joke)
  • Marcus Mariota
  • Brock Osweiler (joke)
  • Nick Foles (killed them)
  • Tom Brady (killed them)
  • Dak Prescott
  • Eli Manning (killed them)
    • He was 25 of 28 with a 130+ rating. It was a very strange game
  • Alex Smith / Colt McCoy
  • Case Keenum

Here are the QBs on this years schedule:

• Andrew Luck x2
    • TY Hilton had 399 yards in 3 games vs Houston last season
      • He has 1445 yards and 9 TDs in 14 games against them
  • Nick Foles x2 (former SB MVP)
  • Marcus Mariota x2 (TBD)
  • Patrick Mahomes (league MVP)
  • Tom Brady (GoaT)
  • Drew Brees (former SB MVP)
  • Matt Ryan (former league MVP)
  • Cam Newton (former league MVP)
  • Philip Rivers (Hall of Very Good QB)
  • Derek Carr (still TBD)
  • Joe Flacco  (former SB MVP but TBD in Denver)
  • Jameis Winston (nothing special)
  • Lamar Jackson (mostly still a rookie with 8 career starts)
    • He will likely have 17 strats by the time they play, but he will still be raw

Would it have to be a hot take to say a regression is likely?

Edited by SkippyX

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The Chiefs team being the number 1 seed happened because they were a good team that got some breaks.

• You can't count on those breaks every year.
  • Being +11 in turnovers is a fluke that is almost never repeated.

Almost never repeated, huh? You know that 2018 was the 4th straight year we had a double digit turnover differential in our favor, right? Did it in 2013, too. So 5 out of 6 years under Reid we've had a +11 turnover differential or better.

But, it's a fluke that is almost never repeated.

EDIT: You also list expected win total, pointing to KC's being lower (10.7) than their actual win total (12. You posted 13, but expected win total doesn't factor in post season scoring, so including the win is...weird.) But every team in football with over 10 wins had a lower expected win total than their actual win total. That's a pretty fundamental point of expected wins. Even the Saints, with their league leading point differential, had an expected win total of 11.2. You've gotta be 2007 Patriots quality to get anything 12 or higher.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

You really can't decide what timeframe matters to you. Mahomes needs to prove he can do it more than 1 year. The Chiefs need to win in the playoffs more than just last year.

But man, the only Chief/Charger game that means a damn thing to you is the last one.

Your argument continues to just be hypocrisy in it's purest form.

I mean hey, if you want to really go all in on the recency bias, let's forget everything but the most recent game each team played period. How did the Chargers roster look against the Pats?

• Like 2