Indianapolis Colts aren't SB Contenders

Activated10

27 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Because talent doesnt always equate to wins. Coaching is a huge part of securing wins in the NFL. Chargers lacked talent from 2012 to 2016, but was also hindered by abysmal coaching. Chargers now seemingly have a very good coach and that talent to match. Even with alot of injuries late, they still had the same type of season as KC. 

When someone claims KC is a powerhouse, he is suggesting based on talent. But when looking objectively at the landscape of the NFL, there is noway anyone can say KC is one of the top 8 most talented teams. Top 10, i guess you can make arguments.

During KCs run they had a huge disparity in coaching. Last 2 years they won the division by 1.5 games combined (Lynn as a first time ever head coach)

Also, last i checked... their most recent meeting, LAC didn't fail. They won. I think their last game is more relevant in projecting the future meetings, than what happen 3 years ago.

Really it depends on how you're calculating it. You add in teams like Washington, Jacksonville, and Buffalo as teams more talented than us, but I'm sure even you don't expect those teams to have more successful seasons than us. I would argue our roster, if we go position by position, is less talented than it was in say, 2013, but it's such a QB driven league that having Mahomes makes a huge difference there. The quality of HC we have with Reid also vaults us up there. So maybe we're middle of the pack in overall roster talent, but having an elite QB and a top tier HC tilts the scales dramatically. There have been many years the Pats have not had a top tier team in terms of overall roster talent. Doesn't stop them from being a powerhouse because of the two spots that matter most. Mahomes/Reid isn't that level, but it is a lesser version of it.

47 minutes ago, Nightime said:

Offseason? The Chargers were better last offseason as well

KC is built for the playoffs/January, not the “Offseason Championship.”

You realize KC has 2 playoff wins in 25 years. Are you possibly mistakening Chiefs for Patriots?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

You realize KC has 2 playoff wins in 25 years. Are you possibly mistakening Chiefs for Patriots?

Also, last i checked... their most recent meeting, LAC didn't fail. They won. I think their last game is more relevant in projecting the future meetings, than what happen 3 years ago.

Yay hypocrisy!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Really it depends on how you're calculating it. You add in teams like Washington, Jacksonville, and Buffalo as teams more talented than us, but I'm sure even you don't expect those teams to have more successful seasons than us. I would argue our roster, if we go position by position, is less talented than it was in say, 2013, but it's such a QB driven league that having Mahomes makes a huge difference there. The quality of HC we have with Reid also vaults us up there. So maybe we're middle of the pack in overall roster talent, but having an elite QB and a top tier HC tilts the scales dramatically. There have been many years the Pats have not had a top tier team in terms of overall roster talent. Doesn't stop them from being a powerhouse because of the two spots that matter most. Mahomes/Reid isn't that level, but it is a lesser version of it.

I'm just looking at roster talent... importantly so, i think a balanced distribution of talent on both sides of the ball. If you have been paying attention to buckweath's rhetoric, his premise for 2019 optimism is based on totality of KCs talent on the roster.

Mahomes looked like the real deal. But i think to get a accurate guage of what type of player he truly will be, one has to see what he does in his 2nd year.  Stafford in his 3rd year had 5000 yds and 41 tds without Reid's system and without the total offensive talent Mahomes had. Is Stafford elite?  If KC's confidence is based on projecting what Mahomes will do in year 2... then yes, the needle favors their optimisim. Because there isnt anything specific to Mahomes to suggest he will regress, other than independent trends for other players in the past.

I just wonder would KC fans be as confident in their team in 2019 if they had say someone like Goff? Or is their confidence based on projecting what the MVP and a potential phenom did and assuming his 2019 production and play will ve relative to 2018.

7 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Yay hypocrisy!

You and i know that isnt the same thing. His statement was attempting to suggest KC is about post season success... but they havent had much post season success. 

My comment implied when looking at LAC vs KC head to head, their most recent game holds more relevance towards 2019 than what happened 3 years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

You and i know that isnt the same thing. His statement was attempting to suggest KC is about post season success... but they havent had much post season success. 

My comment implied when looking at LAC vs KC head to head, their most recent game holds more relevance towards 2019 than what happened 3 years ago.

That's exactly the same thing. When he talks about KC and postseason success, he certainly isn't talking about the Alex Smith years. Let alone GrBac or Cassel.

It's straight hypocrisy. You're saying KC isn't built for the playoffs because of old struggles, while thinking it's only fair to bring up the last time LAC played KC, because those old games don't matter.

They're the same kind of argument, but you're saying one is valid but the other isn't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I'm just looking at roster talent... importantly so, i think a balanced distribution of talent on both sides of the ball. If you have been paying attention to buckweath's rhetoric, his premise for 2019 optimism is based on totality of KCs talent on the roster.

Mahomes looked like the real deal. But i think to get a accurate guage of what type of player he truly will be, one has to see what he does in his 2nd year.  Stafford in his 3rd year had 5000 yds and 41 tds without Reid's system and without the total offensive talent Mahomes had. Is Stafford elite?  If KC's confidence is based on projecting what Mahomes will do in year 2... then yes, the needle favors their optimisim. Because there isnt anything specific to Mahomes to suggest he will regress, other than independent trends for other players in the past.

I just wonder would KC fans be as confident in their team in 2019 if they had say someone like Goff? Or is their confidence based on projecting what the MVP and a potential phenom did and assuming his 2019 production and play will ve relative to 2018.

Stop throwing out Stafford. No one thought Stafford was elite at the time. Dude didn't even make the pro-bowl, let alone win MVP. That comparison is as weak as if I went the other way and said he's basically already 2004 Peyton Manning.

The confidence of KC fans, I would say, comes primarily from two things. The fact that we average 11 wins during Reid's tenure, and have been an almost constant playoff presence in that time. And yes, the fact that we have the reigning MVP at QB. Those two things absolutely justify confidence. Every move that has been made by KC this offseason, whether we're talking the positives like adding Clark and Mathieu and Thornhill, or the negatives like losing Houston and Ford and Morse, are less significant than the fact that we have a phenomenal HC and QB duo. And hey, if Mahomes steps back, we made the playoffs in 2017 with the 28th ranked defense and Alex Smith. I trust Reid to make it work if that happens.

If we had Goff instead, heck year I'd be just as confident. He had an MVP caliber season last year in his own right.

5 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

He's simply offering historical evidence to suggest the Chiefs may regress. That makes him a hater?

That's a joke, right?

Because it's good to completely derail threads, yes? 

It is clear that Mahomes is likely to have lesser stats than last year. The team will definitly ne better though.

If you can read between the lines you can tell he is a hater.

Derailing the thread was a joke. I'm sure you could have gotten that one.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I think he's probably pointing to the fact that we've had years of the Chargers being declared better and more talented.

Does that matter? Railing against media expectations is the new norm? 

1 hour ago, Nightime said:

Offseason? The Chargers were better last offseason as well

KC is built for the playoffs/January, not the “Offseason Championship.”

"Built for the playoffs/January"? Good lord that's dumb. I mean really, really dumb. Explain why my statement was wrong, and I'd be more than happy to have an actual conversation about football with you. Or...you know what? Dispense with the grade school hyperbole, and I'd be more than happy to a conversation about football with you. You seem like a good guy.

3 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

It is clear that Mahomes is likely to have lesser stats than last year. The team will definitly ne better though.

If you can read between the lines you can tell he is a hater.

Derailing the thread was a joke. I'm sure you could have gotten that one.

And yet...you are still talking about the Chiefs. 

Chargers fans are like the little brother trying to show off and barking. When the season rolls around, the Chiefs will show them business. It is what it is. 

They didnt see the rise of Mahomes coming. They don't see the Chiefs about to be a powerhouse.

• Like 1