Indianapolis Colts aren't SB Contenders

Activated10

34 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

You really can't decide what timeframe matters to you. Mahomes needs to prove he can do it more than 1 year. The Chiefs need to win in the playoffs more than just last year.

But man, the only Chief/Charger game that means a damn thing to you is the last one.

Your argument continues to just be hypocrisy in it's purest form.

I mean hey, if you want to really go all in on the recency bias, let's forget everything but the most recent game each team played period. How did the Chargers roster look against the Pats?

You call it hypocrisy, because you are all over the place with changing the goal post in different comparative arguements that are not within the same context.

You are trying to match apples with bananas and then yelling at the grocery store when they don't match.

Players need to establish themselves for more than 1 year, before they can have an established status of the accurate type of player they are or can be considered better than someone who has done it consistently nearly as good as anyone in NFL history.

When trying to define the Chiefs as a playoff factor, then yes, they do need to establish winning in the playoffs.

Chargers vs Chiefs, we are projecting what the outcome will be in head to head matchups for 2019. The most relevant data is last game. 

If my argument was Mahomes cant play at an elite level or KC cant win a playoff game... then data from 2018 can be used to illustrate that isn't a true statment. But that cant be used to establish a consistency that doesnt exist.

Chargers vs Chiefs, a consistent doesnt need to be established. We are just projecting outcome for 2019 and their last meeting is the most relevant data.

32 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

You call it hypocrisy, because you are all over the place with changing the goal post in different comparative arguements that are not within the same context.

You are trying to match apples with bananas and then yelling at the grocery store when they don't match.

Players need to establish themselves for more than 1 year, before they can have an established status of the accurate type of player they are or can be considered better than someone who has done it consistently nearly as good as anyone in NFL history.

When trying to define the Chiefs as a playoff factor, then yes, they do need to establish winning in the playoffs.

Chargers vs Chiefs, we are projecting what the outcome will be in head to head matchups for 2019. The most relevant data is last game. 

If my argument was Mahomes cant play at an elite level or KC cant win a playoff game... then data from 2018 can be used to illustrate that isn't a true statment. But that cant be used to establish a consistency that doesnt exist.

Chargers vs Chiefs, a consistent doesnt need to be established. We are just projecting outcome for 2019 and their last meeting is the most relevant data.

Why? Aside from, because you say so.

You saying the Chiefs need to win more than one playoff game, but the Chargers don't need to beat the Chiefs more than once, does not make it true. That just makes it something hypocritical that you're saying. You need more proof when it suits you, you live and die by recency bias when it suits you instead. We can't say Mahomes is better than Rivers because it's just been one year, but we can say the Chargers are better than the Chiefs based off of one game. It isn't logical. It's hypocrisy that you can't justify aside from repeating your own opinion that the logic makes sense, because reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Why? Aside from, because you say so.

You saying the Chiefs need to win more than one playoff game, but the Chargers don't need to beat the Chiefs more than once, does not make it true. That just makes it something hypocritical that you're saying. You need more proof when it suits you, you live and die by recency bias when it suits you instead. We can't say Mahomes is better than Rivers because it's just been one year, but we can say the Chargers are better than the Chiefs based off of one game. It isn't logical. It's hypocrisy that you can't justify aside from repeating your own opinion that the logic makes sense, because reasons.

Again, if you project Mahomes will be better and use 2018 as the premise, that is logical. If you predict KC will win a playoff game because of 2018, that is logical.

Claiming something is an established variable without sufficient data that demonstrates the trend, is illogical. 

Claiming KC wins in the playoffs and not off season.. is attempting to establish a variable that doesnt have the data to support the claim.

Claiming Mahomes is established himself as better than Rivers, is attempting to establish a variable that doesnt have sufficient data to support it.

If i claimed recently Chargers have KCs number, id be wrong and illogical based off the data.  If i project what will happen next year, based on the most relevant data for their last game, that is a logical argument.

If you project Mahomes will be better, based on 2018, that is a logical argument. 

It's as simple as that. A projected outcome vs an established fact based off trends. Two different things.

@Jakuvious @Bearerofnews

I'm convinced one of your teams are going to miss the playoffs this year. There's always a contender that shockingly misses the playoffs and I'm convinced is one of your teams. I'm still not sure yet who it's going to be but when season gets closer I'll make the decision.

So if one of your team does miss the playoffs, it's going to make for some great AFC West banter!

Hey, if we're going off last-games only, the Patriots were BOTH your last games. As a fan, I can say the Chiefs presented a far greater challenge, so therefore are better.

Is that how we're doing this?.....If recency is the best predictor of future, I mean. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Hey, if we're going off last-games only, the Patriots were BOTH your last games. As a fan, I can say the Chiefs presented a far greater challenge, so therefore are better.

Is that how we're doing this?.....If recency is the best predictor of future, I mean. 

NE was 3-5 on the road, vs a healthy KC team. NE was 8-0 at home vs a depleted Chargers defense. Apples to oranges..

On 5/19/2019 at 11:58 AM, tab said:

i came into this thread hoping to see some good old fashioned Colts bashing and everybody talking about the chiefs smh

We're still shellshocked from being totally wrong about the Colts last year ..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

it depends the young players getting better.  this colts team is very young   .     i love the way they are heading this year the colts have depth at every position .  this is the best colts team in  the luck era .   we got every player coming back from last year that was key and added justin houston , devin funchess .  the colts wrs out side of hilton were horrible last year .   adding paris cambell   funchess and getting deon cain back from injury who was the colts number 2 wr before injury will help big time . 

the colts were 11th in total defense last year one of the best o lines in football luck is back to pro bowl form , second year with the new coaches  .   i love were this team is headed a lot of young up and coming stars will come up this year .      im calling 12-4  record