Roster Cuts Thread

deltarich87

12 minutes ago, driftwood said:

you have a point with at least holding onto 1 of the IR w/DTR... I figure since they'll likely keep vince & adams on the 53, theyll just end up not suiting them up till they are healthy & ready enough to crack active lineup assuming that might be sooner then the 8 week DTR deal...

also, is vince officially on pup? 

No not that I am aware of. Or he is one the training camp PUP, I think. I like the idea of Adams to IRDTR  would allow them to keep both Price and Ringo that will be a tough cut between those two.

35 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Isn't Biegel eligible for the PUP list?  That would save an IR-DTR tag.  Also, in past years a guy had to be on the initial 53 to be eligible for IR-DTR, did that change?

Biegel is eligible for PUP

They did change the rules on IR. Players do not have to be on the 53 first anymore.

Also, no more D-T-R. Anybody who goes on IR is eligible to reurn and each team can bring back 2 players from IR during the season

EDIT: Ryan Wood says I'm full of crapola:

One note: Adams would have to be on #Packers' initial 53 to be return eligible, but players can be placed on IR after deadline and return.

13 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Biegel is eligible for PUP

They did change the rules on IR. Players do not have to be on the 53 first anymore.

Also, no more D-T-R. Anybody who goes on IR is eligible to reurn and each team can bring back 2 players from IR during the season

EDIT: Ryan Wood says I'm full of crapola:

One note: Adams would have to be on #Packers' initial 53 to be return eligible, but players can be placed on IR after deadline and return.

So you can IR whenever, they just can't ever come back. If you want them back, they need to go on 53 first.

That sucks in Adams case, IDK what to do there. 

Is it 6 or 8 weeks Shane when you can come off IR? 6 for PUP right? 8 for IR?

Just now, Shanedorf said:

I think its 8 weeks ( 8 games ?)  from when you are put on the IR list. Not sure if the bye matters in that accounting

I'd keep Adams on the 53 so he can practice before November

I want to say I would too. But I want to know what player we are risking for the prospect of bringing him back.

Kid had slipped my mind until today tbh.

Archived