Roster Cuts Thread

deltarich87

I'll say this:

1. I'm fine with the Ringo/RJF switch. We are deep on the DL with the addition of Dial so I'd almost rather have Ringo who may have a little more burst as an inside rusher. 

2. Gunter > Pipkins. We already have Hawkins who is our "project" type player we are trying to groom. We don't need Pipkins on the roster and I'll take Gunter's experience over TT's quest to find the next Sam Shields. 

I'm glad to see the back of Gunter. His lack of speed was a serious issue. Wanted us to continue to try getting faster and more athletic on defence. It's possible someone tried to nab a player off our practice squad and we didn't want to lose the player.

skibrett15 might have the right idea about RJF. Playing 54 man roster games like what Kansas are currently doing with Spiller.

7 minutes ago, jontat83 said:

People at the Ringer (Simmons on his podcast, he mentioned Mays saying something about it) reckoned we should make a trade for someone like Dion Lewis. Would never happen lol

I think the Packers would be more likely to add Dion Jordan than Dion Lewis.  I wonder if the other add is an edge/elephant player, since Brooks might miss some time with his concussion.

Archived