Eagles sign QB Cody Kessler

EaglesPeteC

27 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

i dont think he beats out suddy but you coudlnt let suddy not be challenged to some extent.

Have to say if Kessler is the QB we need to "push" Studfeld,  Backup QB is worse off then I thought.

With Wentz most likely  not practicing/throwing till TC, We needed as many arms as possible. Seen worse #3's assuming he beats out the Rook.

Edited by Nabbs4u

I think people are reading too much into it. QB is a position where you try to acquire as much talent as is reasonably possible. Competition is great for those guys. Suddy should never just get a job because we’ve cultivated him. He has to earn it just like anyone else. But if you can get a good QB or backup QB on your team, you do it. Stuff happens in the preseason and training camps that teams don’t foresee and are unprepared when guys get hurt. Whether it’s for half of a month or 10 games, who knows. But other teams will be QB starved for one reason or another and they’ll come knocking on Howie’s door. And if it happens that we can’t keep Cody because he’s not good enough or if he doesn’t fit into our plans, then he’ll be cut. No sweat. This is just Howie being above the cut and being ultra pro active. Normal Howie boss moves. Always 2 steps ahead. 

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

As brown fan I loved kessler.

He is too conservative with the ball, he holds it for too long and doesnt throw into tight windows. He cant though weakest arm.

Has incredible ball placement though, super accurate.

So we have the next Tom Brady. Sweet!