Jaire Alexander Appreciation Thread

gopackgo972

13 minutes ago, boratt said:

Clark and Alexander are our budding stars.  I know this rarely happens, but if Gary and Savage somehow turned out to be probowl caliber players too, our defense could be top 5 in short order! 

Clarks blooming.

Edited by Arthur Penske

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Feels like JA is over-appreciated here tbh.

Promising rookie.  Probably can't ever cover a tall fast WR though.

Agree whole-heartedly with the first and second statements.

Disagree with the third. Not gonna sweat him going up against Julio Jones anymore than I'm gonna sweat any other DB. His feet and hops will make up for a lot of the height issues.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not gonna sweat him going up against Julio Jones anymore than I'm gonna sweat any other DB

Other packers DB?

Rather have ____list your favorite #1 Corner here____ on Jones than JA because other guys are way more accomplished.  JA is still 60-70% potential, and one day *could* be one of those players.

My issue is folks here are considering him an NFL top corner going into the year.  He's not Xavien Howard/Patrick Peterson, and he might never smell that level of play.  But he *might* get there, so there's definitely optimism.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Other packers DB?

Rather have ____list your favorite #1 Corner here____ on Jones than JA because other guys are way more accomplished.  JA is still 60-70% potential, and one day *could* be one of those players.

My issue is folks here are considering him an NFL top corner going into the year.  He's not Xavien Howard/Patrick Peterson, and he might never smell that level of play.  But he *might* get there, so there's definitely optimism.

No bigger advocate than me that Alexander isn't there yet.

No bigger advocate than me that there's a bit lower of a celing due to the lack of length when you compare him to the top end corners in this league.

I'm also a big believer that some times a good damn football player is going to get the job done more often than not, even if the matchup isn't ideal. 

I could be wrong, but I think Alexander will make the biggest jump this year on the team.  He already had some top moments as a rookie, but with the experience he picked up last year coupled with an improved pass rush he's got a chance to be a true standout.  He's going to trust his talent a little more as well and make some plays on the ball.  I think the sky is the limit for him.