Miserable Hot Takes

BleedTheClock

Time to eat crow. What were some of your all-time biggest hot-take blunders?

*Could be draft-related, could be player related, could be anything related to the NFL.

Mine:

1. Brian Brohm, the Franchise QB.    I thought he was the next Peyton Manning. Turns out he was about as good as Cooper Manning.

2. The 2018 Indianapolis Colts.     I called their team a dumpster fire and expected them to be a bottom 5 team.

3. Patrick Mahomes & Deshaun Watson.     I didn't think either would be NFL starters. One is the reigning MVP and the other is a good starter.

4. Joe Thomas won't retire.     Definitely thought he was going to give us 4-5 more years.

5. Russell Wilson's rookie year was a fluke.     Turns out, it wasn't.

6. Josh Gordon turned it around. He won't fail another test.     I bought what this dude was selling. Glad we (CLE) moved on from his drama.

Ben Roethlisberger was retiring this off-season.

Mason Rudolph would be the Patriots first round pick.

Brady would retire before 2018 season started due to Gronk getting traded then Edelman "surprise" cut before end of pre-season, and Brady being so fed up he just took the year off or retired for good. (Gronk was reportedly offered up in a trade that was agreed upon we learned after the fact so I feel less cold on this one, if only slightly.) Belichick would retire after 2018 season from dealing with the fallout.

John Harbaugh would be fired end of 2018.

(Already regret saying this one but I'm willing to quit on it already): The Browns are the next Patriots-like organization and potential dynasty. (While I think they'll be good, I'm still not predicting they'll quite make the playoffs in 219.)

The Rams would implode in 2018 and easily pick top 10.

Other than that, I have been fairly strong with a lot of predictions. However when I have whiffed, I have whiffed embarrassingly bad.

- Just as NY did, I also thought Vernon Gholston would be a beast

- I've been calling for GB to win a SB for 3 of the past 4 seasons 

- I thought Deshaun Watson would be a bust

- I had MIN as the NFC's superbowl representative  this time last season 

• Like 1

- I thought Buffalo QB Josh Allen was going to bust hard. He's actually impressed me a lot.

- I figured Laron Landry would be an All Pro, but he was middling at best.

- I was under the impression that Browns CB Justin Gilbert was going to be a solid CB. Oh how wrong I was.

- I really imagined Mike Vrabel would go 2-14 with Tennessee. Looks like that was a pipe dream. 

- I pontificated that Samaje Perine would be a consistent 1,000 rusher. I don't think he ever got to 100 total yards.

- I suggested Tom Brady would regress last season. His contract with the devil is pretty thorough.

- I thought JJ Watt was done. 16 sacks later, I'm rethinking that belief.

• Like 1

I'll try to stay AWAY from prospects, because we could all list about a million of them.

*I liked the Hue Jackson hire initially

*I wanted the Browns to commit long term to Derek Anderson (NO REGRETS! ANDERCEPTION FOR LIFE!!!!)

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll try to stay AWAY from prospects, because we could all list about a million of them.

*I liked the Hue Jackson hire initially

*I wanted the Browns to commit long term to Derek Anderson (NO REGRETS! ANDERCEPTION FOR LIFE!!!!)

Hahahahahahahaha!  I tried telling you fools that Vinnie Anderceptionverde was fools gold!

The problem with that?  I thought Brady Quinn would be good 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hahahahahahahaha!  I tried telling you fools that Vinnie Anderceptionverde was fools gold!

The problem with that?  I thought Brady Quinn would be good 🤦🏻‍♂️

Anderson lasted a lot longer in the league and went to a SUPER BOWL!

I'm dying on this hill, moreso than the infamous "2007 Browns Forum Civil War" that netted multiple bans (including a mod) and divided our forum for at least 2 full years.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Anderson lasted a lot longer in the league and went to a SUPER BOWL!

I'm dying on this hill, moreso than the infamous "2007 Browns Forum Civil War" that netted multiple bans (including a mod) and divided our forum for at least 2 full years.

Oh yeah well Quinn is hot and never got caught saying “at least it wasn’t 5 interceptions” after a LOSS and get in game. 

#bringinbackthewar

Edited by Bonanza23
Not giving mwil any ammo

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Oh yeah well Quinn is hot and never got caught saying “at least it wasn’t 5 interceptions” after a win and get in game. 

#bringinbackthewar

Key words there "AFTER A WIN".