Miserable Hot Takes

BleedTheClock

13 hours ago, Danger said:

First one is pretty universal among us Eagles fans:

-Macolm Jenkins was a bad signing, we should have signed Jairus Byrd
-Jake Locker was an Elite Prospect
-Marcus Mariota was a can't miss franchise QB
-There's nothing special about OBJ
-I would have been fine with Paxton Lynch at #8 overall before the Eagles traded up again to take Wentz

I'm sure there are more, but those were the easiest for me to remember.

In fairness to your first point, that may have been because every saints fan on the board convinced you guys he was gonna suck.

3 potential hofers in 1 draft. 

Joe Thomas lt

Brady Quinn qb 

Eric Wright cb 

I was wrong by 66%

Browns got the architect of the Baltimore ravens, phil 'go root for buffalo' savage

Cody kessler could be a top 10 qb inj the right setting. 

8 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Fisher made his first pro bowl last year, not that he deserved it. He can still become that perennial guy.

To be fair, most of my post is gut feelings gone wrong moreso than hot takes.

Edited by KellChippy

Bills related:

Really wanted Michael Floyd over Gilmore or anyone from the 2012 draft.

Believed Doug Marrone would end the drought (came close) and would be the longest tenured Bills HC.

I didn't think the Bills over payed for Watkins and what he could do for Manuel. 

NFL:

Thought New England would never get back to the SB with Brady after second loss to the Giants.

Assumed Luck would never play again.

Doug Pederson would crash and burn 

23 hours ago, MWil23 said:

We had a long time poster, AKA SwissMiss, die on that hill. He was so angry that we passed on him, he never came back to post. At first, it was probably anger, and then eventually, I assume shame/embarrassment.

Yeah, I and him both missed on that pick. I figured he was going to be a good 1. Boy was I wrong.

11 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

$4 million a year for Erik Walden was too much money. In actuality it was Ryan Grigson’s only good free agent signing.   

I also defended the Trent Richardson trade, because I wanted him to be good not because I knew anything. 

Drove Bzane so insane that he’s still trolling because of that thread

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

$4 million a year for Erik Walden was too much money. In actuality it was Ryan Grigson’s only good free agent signing.   

I also defended the Trent Richardson trade, because I wanted him to be good not because I knew anything. 

Maybe, but Trent was supposed to be that good- everybody except Jim Brown, as I recall, said so.

And you were brave, and loyal to your team, hanging in through the Trent Years.

And I was over-the-top smarty-pants and sarcastic about the whole thing- for which I apologize.

The Colts have a good GM now, who hit it out of the ballpark with his first draft last year. They may well become major contenders again. I would wish you and them good Luck, but they already have that!

• Like 1

On 13/05/2019 at 1:57 PM, MWil23 said:

I'll try to stay AWAY from prospects, because we could all list about a million of them.

*I liked the Hue Jackson hire initially

*I wanted the Browns to commit long term to Derek Anderson (NO REGRETS! ANDERCEPTION FOR LIFE!!!!)

You should be considered for the Congressional Medal of Honor for this act of bravery and selflessness in admitting those two things.  Sir, I salute you :)

• Like 1