Miserable Hot Takes

BleedTheClock

First one is pretty universal among us Eagles fans:

-Macolm Jenkins was a bad signing, we should have signed Jairus Byrd
-Jake Locker was an Elite Prospect
-Marcus Mariota was a can't miss franchise QB
-There's nothing special about OBJ
-I would have been fine with Paxton Lynch at #8 overall before the Eagles traded up again to take Wentz

I'm sure there are more, but those were the easiest for me to remember.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

-Jake Locker was an Elite Prospect
-Marcus Mariota was a can't miss franchise QB
-I would have been fine with Paxton Lynch at #8 overall before the Eagles traded up again to take Wentz

I loved all of these QB's as well. Especially failed on Locker, who I deemed a faster Ben Roethlisberger.

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

Jimmy Clausen was going to be a star QB

We had a long time poster, AKA SwissMiss, die on that hill. He was so angry that we passed on him, he never came back to post. At first, it was probably anger, and then eventually, I assume shame/embarrassment.

• Like 4

Let's see, I hated Mahomes and Josh Allen as QB prospects.  I had Rosen as the top QB in his class, and...while I thought the Titans made a big mistake drafting Chance Warmack, I also very much thought that Jonathan Cooper would have been a fine option.

I never bought into the hype of Clausen. Also wasn't a big fan of Mariota - thought he'd be solid at best. So far, it seems like I'm right about that but there's still time.

I was wrong on Locker, though. I thought he had the potential to be a top 10 QB. I also thought Matt Ryan and DeShaun Watson would only be average starters.

Aaron Curry is another one. I thought at worst he'd be a solid starter, and at best I thought he'd be an All-Pro. I'm sure there's countless others, too.

• Like 1

I thought the Eagles were stupid to extend so many veterans/sign free agents and have little cap flexibility a few years back.  I didn’t think our group was talented enough to contend, but I greatly underestimated our coaching staff.

I thought Marcell Dareus would be a dpoy type.

Thought Eric Fischer and Joeckel would be perennial pro bowlers.

Thought the Eagles and Rams were overzealous by moving up for Wentz and Goff.

I thought Devin Hester would be a great wr