Sign in to follow this  
Trentwannabe

Bills sign TE Lee Smith 3 year deal.

I will be interested to see how it is structured but a 3 year deal could make him pretty safe and will have Croom, Fisher and Sweeney on the outside looking in IMO.

Smith is a nice veteran presence to bring back to the offense.

Posted (edited)

Good signing, but I guess this means we're gonna cut Fisher and Croom. I mean, Kroft,Knox,Sweeney and Smith is pretty solid already. 

Edited by Killashaw

Posted (edited)

from everything that has been going on Beane isnt messing up the oline in any way. He wants serious competition: 

Dawkins, Teller, Mcdermott, bodine, ducasse, the 6 free agent olineman, and Ford. I expect to see 7-8 stay. Now you have Sweeney, Fisher, and Lee battling it out for the blocking te portion and Kroft, Croom, Knox battling it out for the receiving te. I can honestly not complain about what they are doing to improve Allens protection. I just dont get why the pass rusher position has yet to be addressed. 

Correction: Bills just released Fisher

Edited by soflbillsfan

Interesting that Fisher was cut already. His workout was obviously impressive enough to earn a contract but he was clearly on the bottom of the roster. No Surprise about Ford being cut too.

Bills signed 4 try out players.

D6dJ-k4W4AEaAMe.jpg

7 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I've heard he has improved mightily since his time here but man was he poor when he was here 

Seems he started catching the ball more regularly, but he always was a good blocking TE. He wasn't given a lot of opportunity here, but he was reliable when we needed him to tie someone up.

6 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Seems he started catching the ball more regularly, but he always was a good blocking TE. He wasn't given a lot of opportunity here, but he was reliable when we needed him to tie someone up.

I just remember A LOT of holding penalties on him.