Bills sign TE Lee Smith 3 year deal.

Trentwannabe

from everything that has been going on Beane isnt messing up the oline in any way. He wants serious competition: 

Dawkins, Teller, Mcdermott, bodine, ducasse, the 6 free agent olineman, and Ford. I expect to see 7-8 stay. Now you have Sweeney, Fisher, and Lee battling it out for the blocking te portion and Kroft, Croom, Knox battling it out for the receiving te. I can honestly not complain about what they are doing to improve Allens protection. I just dont get why the pass rusher position has yet to be addressed. 

Correction: Bills just released Fisher

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I've heard he has improved mightily since his time here but man was he poor when he was here 

Seems he started catching the ball more regularly, but he always was a good blocking TE. He wasn't given a lot of opportunity here, but he was reliable when we needed him to tie someone up.

6 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Seems he started catching the ball more regularly, but he always was a good blocking TE. He wasn't given a lot of opportunity here, but he was reliable when we needed him to tie someone up.

I just remember A LOT of holding penalties on him.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Smith as an awesome dude, leader and one hell of a blocker. I hope he does well with you boys.

we experienced him in the past as he played in Buffalo for a few year. Some people dont like the move because its alot of money for a blocking TE but if it helps Allen getting the ball out rather then having to run like last year then Im all for the protection at that cost. 

• 1 month later...