11-5 here we come baby!

Been a long time since we hit that number. In fact, we're the longest drought team to hit 11-5. What? 25 years?

So how could we reach that amount of wins, with presumably Haskins at QB?

Washington Redskins 2019 Regular-Season Schedule

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 8, Redskins at Eagles, 1 p.m. 

Historically, the Eagles play better on the road, than at Home. We might be playing a rookie, but the Eagles will be starting a QB who's been injured in back-to-back seasons. And while our QB may be a little green, theirs may be a little shaky & skidish & a whole lot less mobile than when he started out. Add a healthy, relentless, hungry & much faster Defense in Washington? I think we win this one!

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 15, Cowboys at Redskins, 1 p.m.

We pounded them at home last season, with a much less talented roster. Of course, they didn't have Cooper either. Look for this one, to be one for the ages. I see this one to be a close, but high scoring affair that probably comes down to a FG for the win. I think we finally have us a kicker in Hopkins! Skins win again 2-0.

Week 3: Monday, Sept. 23, Bears at Redskins, 8:15 p.m. 

This is gonna be a good one! We might be looking at 2 of the best defenses in football here. Although we usually choke on primetime TV more often, than not? I believe this teams culture is changing. I also believe this Defense is better than the Bears all around, or will prove to be this game. Haskins will also prove he's better than the Biscuit. This game will be a black & blue hard hitting slugfest. As good as our running game is going to be, it may take Haskins arm to win this one. Anybody remember the Miami with Marino vs Chicago 85' Monday Night game? It took Marino's quick release to score on that vaunted 4-6 Defense of the Bears. And who have I heard Haskins compares to, besides Big Ben? Dan Marino. Redskins win in a thriller! 3-0

Week 4: Sunday, Sept. 29, Redskins at Giants, 1 p.m.

Wouldn't it be great to just assume this is a win? Giants suck this...Giants suck that...Well, the one thing we haven't yet overcome is the ability to keep a winning streak moving when that good fortune falls in your lap. We always play bad vs the Giants in their house. I can't explain it, but I sure as hell gonna predict it. This should be an *** kicking destruction with us coming out victorius. We are the better team & should win. But I see this one as a road block for humble pie. 3-1 and pissed.

Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 6, Patriots at Redskins, 1 p.m.

Angry as ever, the Skins come home to play the defending Champions. As good as Brady & Belicheat are, they can't overcome the relentless pressure from the Skins D. Even your usual phantom penalties on Brady can't sway the domination this Defense does to the Patriots. Skins fans know they are watching a Playoff team after this game. Skins go to 4-1.

Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 13, Redskins at Dolphins, 1 p.m.

Peter Kings recent team rankings has the Dolphins #32. I don't know if they're going to be the worst, but the Skins handle Rosen pretty good this game. Skins go to 5-1.

Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 20, 49ers at Redskins, 1 p.m.

Skins continue to roll! Niners should be better than last year, but not enough to come our house & win. Skins go to 6-1.

Week 8: Thursday, Oct. 24, Redskins at Vikings, 8:20 p.m. 

The game of the ages & a tough place to play. Most Redskins say that if they were to go 1-15 for the year, they would want their only win to be Dallas. Not me! This is the one I want! At Minny vs Cousins. I want to be proven right & that is that not only can cousins not win against winning teams, but that he chokes in every big game he plays in. It's also a Thursday Night Primetime game, where the Skins should & usually fold in these type of games. It's also early enough in the season, where Minny has something to play for. Haskins Vs Cousins will probably be the most watched game by Skins fans in decades I'm betting. I'm also betting, that it will probably be a great game, as the Vikings have a very good team. But I think we all can predict what will happen....game is tight...Vikings have a chance to take the lead or win...and like clockwork? Cousins either throws a game deciding pick, or Sweat strip sacks Cousins for the fumble turnover & we win. Only this time, we rejoice in glee, as the Redskins improve to 7-1. 

Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 3, Redskins at Bills, 1 p.m.

I see this being a tougher game than it looks on paper. I also still see us winning this one in close fashion. Redskins go to 8-1.

Week 10: BYE

Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 17, Jets at Redskins, 1 p.m. 

Redskins pound Sam Darnold & the Jets. Go to 9-1

Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 24, Lions at Redskins, 1 p.m.

Stafford always gives us trouble. I see a tough game for us here, but being at home proves to be huge for us. Redskins go to 10-1

Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 1, Redskins at Panthers, 1 p.m.

Hate playing the Panthers. They seem to always give us trouble no matter what. Cam Newton is a different animal to play against vs other QB's. He can move, he's big & has a good arm. I see us struggle this game & lose. Plus, Carolina is a good team. They just are inconsistent every year. Some years they stink & some years they go 15-1. I think this is going to be a Playoff year for them. I think we drop this game & go to 10-2.

Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 8, Redskins at Packers, 1 p.m.

I think we see this team struggling during this period. Key injuries & another tough opponent in their house. Rodgers can be unstoppable at times & a December game in Green Bay can be too much to overcome. That icy field slows down our pass rush and opens up the field for Green Bay. Redskins lose again & go to 10-3

Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 15, Eagles at Redskins, 1 p.m.

At home & ready to get back on track, right? Wrong...playing one of the best road teams in the league & they always seem to kick our *** on our field. Didn't they shut us out last season? Redskins drop another & Skins fans panic. Redskins go to 10-4.

Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 22, Giants at Redskins, 1 p.m.

Our get right game? You bet! We get our 11th win against the hated Giants. I see them still being bad this season. We might even face their QB Daniel Jones in this matchup. Haskins vs Jones would be a classic. But limping into this game on a 3-game loss, would still be tough to overcome. But the Giants are just not that great of team all around. We probably still squeak out a win as we seems to keep games closer than they should be. But this win catapults us into the Playoffs & the chance for a 1st week bye at 11-4.

Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 29, Redskins at Cowboys, 1 p.m.

Would love to say we go 12-4 here, but the Cowboys historically ruin our parties. Probably why we dislike them so much. Dallas could also be playing for something here & it's at Jerry World. Yes, it would be a kick in the nuts, but I'll take a split with them for the year & an 11-5 record. 

11-5

The beginning of the Haskins Dynasty

Just now, turtle28 said:

Buddy this has 7-9 Or worse and Jay Gruden used as the scapegoat written all over it. Embrace the top 15 pick, and probably top 10 pick in the 2020 draft.

It would be an utter disaster if they fired Jay Gruden after drafting a QB in the first round.

Which is exactly what I expect them to do.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 8, Redskins at Eagles, 1 p.m. 

Historically, the Eagles play better on the road, than at Home. We might be playing a rookie, but the Eagles will be starting a QB who's been injured in back-to-back seasons. And while our QB may be a little green, theirs may be a little shaky & skidish & a whole lot less mobile than when he started out. Add a healthy, relentless, hungry & much faster Defense in Washington? I think we win this one!

Carson Wentz will be fully healthy come training camp, something he couldn't say last year. And for better or worse, Carson isn't going to shy away from running the ball in the open field. Even last year in the 1st or 2nd game back for him, he was still plenty mobile, moreso than Haskins at least.

31 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

At home & ready to get back on track, right? Wrong...playing one of the best road teams in the league & they always seem to kick our *** on our field. Didn't they shut us out last season? Redskins drop another & Skins fans panic. Redskins go to 10-4.

I legit don't even remember who was QBing for you guys that game. Not anything to really go off there.

Nope

I think #7 changes everything.

I believe he has a Big Ben type rookie campaign & enough supporting cast on both sides of the ball to help him get W's.

I also believe he will be big in huge games & have the fortitude to put the team on his shoulders, unlike Cousins was able to do.

This is a trait that's unmeasurable in College, or at the Combine.

And the true difference between a really good QB & a Franchise QB.

But we shall see

• Like 1

Danger...

Wentz is significantly slower than he was preinjury.

Yes, he will always be more mobile than Haskins.

But Wentz's mobility is what made him & the Eagles unstoppable.

Yes, he can throw from the pocket & still be a prolific QB. He might even escape from time to time for extra yards.

We also don't know how he does in Playoff games. Is he the same QB or does he morph into Kirk Cousins.

We knew what Foles could do in big games.

Personally, I think the Eagles traded the wrong guy. Specifically & only because of Wentz post injury.

But we shall see on that one, as well.

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Nope

I think #7 changes everything.

I believe he has a Big Ben type rookie campaign & enough supporting cast on both sides of the ball to help him get W's.

I also believe he will be big in huge games & have the fortitude to put the team on his shoulders, unlike Cousins was able to do.

This is a trait that's unmeasurable in College, or at the Combine.

And the true difference between a really good QB & a Franchise QB.

But we shall see

Your making my day with your positivity because I’m to scared to reach out with you but I love it I do because I believe in him and these players!!! We’ve made a lot of things whatever. Go coach this unit and go compete. But I’m not letting them burn me. But they very well could shock teams if we are healthy with a revived Reed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

It would be an utter disaster if they fired Jay Gruden after drafting a QB in the first round.

Which is exactly what I expect them to do.

Agreed. It’s been proven that Jay can develop a QB and develop a passing offense that will put up multiple 4,000 TD QBs and nearly a 5,000 yard passer, the question is if he can use those talents to build a team that will compete to be championship contender. He hasn’t done that yet.