11-5 here we come baby!

On 5/13/2019 at 2:51 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Could I get Dwayne Haskins stat predictions for the 11-5 season?

Honestly, IMO they’re not that great bc I think the running game with carry this O no matter what.

In 2004 Ben Rothlisberger’s stays were  2600 yds, 17 yds & 11 int after he replaced Tommy Maddox 1/2 way through that season.

So, something like 20 TDs & under 15 TDs in 3/4 of a season of on his rookie season played seems reasonable for Haskins.

We haven’t won 11 games or more since we last won the Super Bowl in 91-92 and I think in the 80s we won 11 plus games only twice in 82 & then 83. 

So, it’s not something this franchise does or has done often. 

I’ll put everything on this current squad with a rookie leading it or an avg journeyman QB leading it and at best an avg WR core and questions all over the roster NOT winning double digit games!

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We haven’t won 11 games or more since we last won the Super Bowl in 91-92 and I think in the 80s we won 11 plus games only twice in 82 & then 83. 

So, it’s not something this franchise does or has done often. 

I’ll put everything on this current squad with a rookie leading it or an avg journeyman QB leading it and at best an avg WR core and questions all over the roster NOT winning double digit games!

12-4 in ‘86. Damn meadowlands wind cost us that NFC title game. 

• Like 1

Haskins has about a 5:1 td/int ratio in college.

Presuming he starts week 1, which I think he will.

Given that the NFL is tougher.

I'll say 30 TD's & 10 INT's. A 3:1 ratio.

With our running game playing a huge role for us.

I'll say 3,750 yards passing

That's for 16 games

That's my prediction.

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

That's for 16 games

That's my prediction.

Ace this isn't college. The greatest QBs of all time like Peyton and others have thrown nearly as much or more ints than TDs when they were rookies. If Haskins starts all or most of the year expect growing pains. I'm not saying he's going to be absolutely awful but he’ll have his ups and downs. 

30 Tds? 

Sonny only threw 30 or over tds twice in 18 seasons. Theismann and Cousins never threw for 30 tds in a Redskins uniform, neither did Rypien or Brad Johnson. Kirk just did last year for the first time in his career and he had one of the best pair of WRs in the NFL.

Realistically as a rookie, we shouldn't expect Haskins to throw over 25 tds - and that's if he starts every game - also you have to factor in that no matter who is our starting QB that they're going to be handing it off just as much as they pass it to Peterson, Guice and Thompson.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ace this isn't college. The greatest QBs of all time like Peyton and others have thrown nearly as much or more ints than TDs when they were rookies. If Haskins starts all or most of the year expect growing pains. I'm not saying he's going to be absolutely awful but he’ll have his ups and downs. 

30 Tds? 

Sonny only threw 30 or over tds twice in 18 seasons. Theismann and Cousins never threw for 30 tds in a season, neither did Rypien or Brad Johnson. Kirk just did last year for the first time in his career and he had one of the best pair of WRs in the NFL.

Realistically as a rookie, we shouldn't expect Haskins to throw over 25 tds - and that's if he starts every game - also you have to factor in that no matter who is our starting QB that they're going to be handing it off just as much as they pass it to Peterson, Guice and Thompson.

30 TD's is not that high a number, turtle.

1.875 TD's a game over a 16 game schedule. Less than 2 TD's every game.

25 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

30 TD's is not that high a number, turtle.

1.875 TD's a game over a 16 game schedule. Less than 2 TD's every game.

What? Yes it is, especially for an offense w/o an elite wide receiver which will be very balanced and most likely run first this year bc they have Peterson, Guice & Thompson.

I just showed you that since the 60’s the only Qb to throw for 30 tds was Jergensen. 

That's it! One guy in 55 years! 

It's unrealistic to think Haskins will do it as a rookie, entirely unrealistic.

Edited by turtle28

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

What? Yes it is, especially for an offense w/o an elite wide receiver which will be very balanced and most likely run first this year bc they have Peterson, Guice & Thompson.

I just showed you that since the 60’s the only Qb to throw for 30 tds was Jergensen. 

That's it! One guy in 55 years! 

It's unrealistic to think Haskins will do it as a rookie, entirely unrealistic.

We have Chris Thompson, Peterson & Guice who all can tally receiving TD's in the short passing game for RB's.

Richardson & McLaurin who provide deep threat 1 hitter TD's over the top on defenses.

We have Doctson & Harmon who provide red zone td capabilities as well.

Jordan Reed & Vernon Davis provide a little bit of both.

I think Haskins is more than capable of throwing 30 TD's in this manner.

In fact, if he plays 16 games?

I'm going to guarantee it!

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

We have Chris Thompson, Peterson & Guice who all can tally receiving TD's in the short passing game for RB's.

Richardson & McLaurin who provide deep threat 1 hitter TD's over the top on defenses.

We have Doctson & Harmon who provide red zone td capabilities as well.

Jordan Reed & Vernon Davis provide a little bit of both.

I think Haskins is more than capable of throwing 30 TD's in this manner.

In fact, if he plays 16 games?

I'm going to guarantee it!

Wow, ok man. You do you, I'm going to predict 20.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 8:33 PM, aceinthehouse said:

That's for 16 games

That's my prediction.

So he's going to break the rookie passing TD mark by 2 TDs?🤣