QB EJ Manuel retires

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Kickers, punters and back up QBs are the NFL's true winners.

Bingo - people blast Nate Pinterman because he sucked, but the reality is he's a 24 year old with more money than about 90% of us.

He's living a great life.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Bingo - people blast Nate Pinterman because he sucked, but the reality is he's a 24 year old with more money than about 90% of us.

He's living a great life.

Chase Daniel needs to be inducted into some kind of Hall of Fame.

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ponder

Manuel

Famous Jameis

FSU has created a LEGENDARY stable of 1st round QB's in the last 10 years.

Tradition at the position hasn't been the same since Paul "Wrecking" Crewe went to prison. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Tradition at the position hasn't been the same since Paul "Wrecking" Crewe went to prison. 

Same at OSU. Wrecking Crewe's and Art Schlichter's gambling issues really set those positions back DECADES!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Same at OSU. Wrecking Crewe's and Art Schlichter's gambling issues really set those positions back DECADES!

OSU at least had two guys in Johnny Utah and Shane Falco - I don't know if they were related, but they looked a LOT alike.

If it wasn't for that disasterous Rose Bowl, Utah may have been a 1st round pick. That knee injury? Brutal...

...but not as brutal as those five INTs Falco threw in the Sugar Bowl. Talk about a torpedo to his pro aspirations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

OSU at least had two guys in Johnny Utah and Shane Falco - I don't know if they were related, but they looked a LOT alike.

If it wasn't for that disasterous Rose Bowl, Falco may have been a 1st round pick.

Johnny Utah>>>>>>>>>>>Shane "Footsteps" Falco, and here's why:

Keeping in mind that this criteria is applied to the Pre-BCS era and old bowl system:

Johnny Utah: Rose Bowl WINNING QB, meaning that we can infer that OSU won the B1G that year, going on to WIN the Rose Bowl (for the B1G representative), this means that OSU is almost assuredly a National Championship CONTENDER, maybe not winning it all, but it's a possibility. They at least have a chance at the #1 vote, and it's definitely a conversation. 

Shane Falco not only lost and threw 5 picks in the SUGAR BOWL, but we can infer that OSU didn't win the B1G and have to settle for the Sugar Bowl. Since the Sugar Bowl is still reserved for a high ranked team, OSU wouldn't have been B1G Champs or NC contenders...and that also likely means another big conference game loss, almost assuredly to UM or Wisconsin (since he would have gone to OSU in the 90s).

Ultimately, Utah's knee getting folded in half cost him his career (out of his control), whereas Falco's big game choke is what cost him, albeit he seemingly conquered his demons in the end.

I'm dying on this hill. This is my "pulled pork".

5 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Who would have thought that Cap saying that in Endgame would have had such an impact?  I've seen that phrase at least thirty times in the last three weeks on here.  :D

I haven't seen it. Also, @ET80 died on the Pulled Pork hill in the GOAT Sandwich thread last year. RIP Pulled Pork w/ slaw. You fought the good fight, but weren't any match for whatever delicious sandwich you lost to.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

He was no Charlie “CBJ” Whitehurst with his 25 million career earning a but I’m sure Manuel is set up nice for life post football. 

Damn, I honestly thought Matt Flynn had more career earnings, but he's only at $19 million. Way to go, Uncle Charlie!

I never understood why the Bills took him 16th overall.    I never understand why teams take a blatantly inferior player from they pick they have.  

I can understand why the pats have been winning the division yearly when their rivals make such a silly selection.