CB Josh Holsey Cut

MKnight82

39 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Unfortunate that he got injured at such a crucial point in his development. Bringing in Danny Johnson and Jimmy Moreland at the slot really pushed him out. 

Adonis Alexander didn't help either.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I forgot about him to be honest. Never hear about anything regarding his play. Wouldn't be surprised if he is cut.

Very possible, but them using a supplemental sixth on a player at your position is not a good sign when you are a former seventh.

12 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I forgot about him to be honest. Never hear about anything regarding his play. Wouldn't be surprised if he is cut.

Maybe. They did acknowledge more or less that last year was going to be a "redshirt" for him. Dude has talent, just needs coaching. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Damn, he's doomed! Haha 😂 

Redshirting a supplemental sixth rounder for one year? Understandable.

Having a second round pick as a backup/special teams player for two years? Not so understandable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Get over it man. 

1. You were snarking about how he redshirted means he is doomed. I addressed that.
  2. Having a miss on a second is orders of magnitude worse than a sixth (especially a supplemental one).
  3. You of all people saying "get over it?" Okay then ...
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Woz said:
  1. You were snarking about how he redshirted means he is doomed. I addressed that.
  2. Having a miss on a second is orders of magnitude worse than a sixth (especially a supplemental one).
  3. You of all people saying "get over it?" Okay then ...

1. I think he was talking about the "needing coaching" part, that's how I read it.

3. I snickered too. 

20 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Another reason I really think Alexander should move to FS he has the size and can obviously cover, he also likes to hit unlike most corners and he lacks top end CB speed. He would be a perfect FS

Wouldn't be unreasonable.