Sign in to follow this  
Kiwibrown

Of the top 5 most important positions, if you have to be below average at 1, which would it be and why?

If you had to be below average at one of these groups which would it be?  

46 members have voted

1. 2. Which has to be good outside of qb

2. 3. 1. Which of these to be below average

Assuming you are good-great at the rest, which would be your desired weakest link. 

Outside of QB, which is most essential?

Ff at my first question,not sure what happened 

Edited by Kiwibrown

yea... I screwed up I wanted to put Receiver or Corner.   I feel with a good pass rush corners you can have below average corners and with a good QB you can have below average receivers

6 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

yea... I screwed up I wanted to put Receiver or Corner.   I feel with a good pass rush corners you can have below average corners and with a good QB you can have below average receivers

You can have the best pass rush in football, when your corners are bad you are in deep trouble.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Pass Rusher >>>> Corner

My personal experience tells me otherwise.

Just now, ET80 said:

My personal experience tells me otherwise.

A corner can only stop one receiver. A pass rusher can prevent any receiver from being able to catch a pass. 

Trimming branches vs stopping a problem at the roots.

Just now, Danger said:

A corner can only stop one receiver. A pass rusher can prevent any receiver from being able to catch a pass. 

Trimming branches vs stopping a problem at the roots.

I don't disagree with the philosophy behind it, but I've seen JJ Watt in his prime wrecking years, and the Texans still couldn't stop TY Hilton.

Not doubting your premise, but I've seen the opposite...

16 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Give me two lockdown CB's and a great QB and I'd build around that.

A lot easier to get 1 elite pass rusher than 2 elite corners.

19 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Give me two lockdown CB's and a great QB and I'd build around that.

I would be content with 1. Let him take on the man to man responsibilities and let your other 3 competent starters find favorable matchups.

Just now, SBLIII said:

I would be content with 1. Let him take on the man to man responsibilities and let your other 3 competent starters find favorable matchups.

I would want two so I could get creative with blitz packages because I likely don't have a Von Miller type on my team.  I'd bring my SS down to the box for run support ad not have to play cover 2 because of the CB talent.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

A lot easier to get 1 elite pass rusher than 2 elite corners.

A lot easier to take 1 elite pass rusher out of the game with chips and short passes then game plan around 2 great CB's who can press.

Not saying it's easier to have two elite CB's just that is what I'd prefer.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

I would want two so I could get creative with blitz packages because I likely don't have a Von Miller type on my team.  I'd bring my SS down to the box for run support ad not have to play cover 2 because of the CB talent.

2 would be great. If I have 2 elite corners on my team my defense is going to be great no matter what. 

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

A lot easier to take 1 elite pass rusher out of the game with chips and short passes then game plan around 2 great CB's who can press.

Not saying it's easier to have two elite CB's just that is what I'd prefer.

The discussion isn't even 1 elite pass rusher or 2 elite corners, it is which position group being elite has the bigger impact.

The Chiefs had 3 elite pass rushers last season but couldn't cover. Result their defense was bad.

Lets put it this way.

There's a reason Khalil Mack, the top paid pass rusher, is paid $23.5M AAV compared to Xavien Howard, his CB counter part, who is only paid $15M AAV

Taking TWO corners to one pass rushers is apples to oranges.