Fictional All Pro Movie Team

MWil23

It's time to put together the "GOAT fictional All Pro" tournament. (Unfortunately there aren't too many linemen)

@ET80 @ramssuperbowl99 @LETSGOBROWNIES @Dome

The obvious are excluded:

*Anyone playing the part of a REAL PLAYER

The following are INCLUDED:

*The "Johnny Utah" rule from Point Break. We never actually see him play, but we know his accolades.

*Also, for the sake of this debate, ALL GUYS ARE IN THEIR PRIMES AND HEALTHY. We pretend like Johnny Utah and the LB from the Program who can't even read never got folded in half.

*Yes ET, we will allow steroid usage. We will call it the "Lattimer Law" (The Program), but Stone Cold in very inferior to the original "The Longest Yard" also applies

*We WILL allow remake movie character to be used (see above)

Other than that, I welcome suggestions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

As far as QBs - here's my big board:

- Cap Rooney, QB, Miami Sharks: Big bodied QB who isn't afraid to run, battle tested and savvy veteran. Injuries are piling up on him, though.

- Shane Falco, Washington Sentinals: If it wasn't for that five INT Sugar Bowl, he'd be lauded as a top 64 pick. The lefty is gritty, and has a leadership quality you can't really ignore.

- Joe Kane, Eastern State University: The "bad boy" on the list (one of many) Kane has some off-field concerns that need to be vetted out. Outside of that, he's got every tool you would need for a top flight QB.

- Willie Beamon, QB, Miami Sharks: A guy in the mold of todays' RPO QBs, Beamon has a deft presence in the pocket and can serve as a unique weapon (he was initially moved to CB out of college). Needs some good coaching, but could be a special player.

- Paul Crewe, QB, Pittsburgh (Steelers?): Another off field concern, the Wrecking Crewe is no stranger to taking a hit. This would be contingent on the terms of his parole, but he's a rough, old school QB

From WAYTA...

Other names to note at QB: 

- Brian Drew, QB, Cleveland Browns (Draft Day)

- Bo Callahan, QB, Wisconsin (Draft Day)

- Capt. Knauer, QB, Prison Guards (The Longest Yard)

- Tim "he could go all the" Wayman, QB, Michigan (The Program)

- Gee Grenouille, QB, SCLST (The Waterboy)

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

As far as QBs - here's my big board:

- Jack Rooney, QB, Miami Sharks: Big bodied QB who isn't afraid to run, battle tested and savvy veteran. Injuries are piling up on him, though.

- Shane Falco, Washington Sentinals: If it wasn't for that five INT Sugar Bowl, he'd be lauded as a top 64 pick. The lefty is gritty, and has a leadership quality you can't really ignore.

- Joe Kane, Eastern State University: The "bad boy" on the list (one of many) Kane has some off-field concerns that need to be vetted out. Outside of that, he's got every tool you would need for a top flight QB.

- Willie Beamon, QB, Miami Sharks: A guy in the mold of todays' RPO QBs, Beamon has a deft presence in the pocket and can serve as a unique weapon (he was initially moved to CB out of college). Needs some good coaching, but could be a special player.

- Paul Crewe, QB, Pittsburgh (Steelers?): Another off field concern, the Wrecking Crewe is no stranger to taking a hit. This would be contingent on the terms of his parole, but he's a rough, old school QB

1. I'm EDITING/AMENDING JOE KANE on the list. As a sophomore, the kid was a Heisman candidate. He also totally slayed his biggest dragon, alcohol. He would have cemented his status as a 1st round guy, who already showed his outstanding toughness, intangibles, and huddle presence. "Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner!"

2. I've already established why Johnny Utah is better than Footsteps Falco. Keeping in mind that this criteria is applied to the Pre-BCS era and old bowl system:

Johnny Utah: Rose Bowl WINNING QB, meaning that we can infer that OSU won the B1G that year, going on to WIN the Rose Bowl (for the B1G representative), this means that OSU is almost assuredly a National Championship CONTENDER, maybe not winning it all, but it's a possibility. They at least have a chance at the #1 vote, and it's definitely a conversation. 

Shane Falco not only lost and threw 5 picks in the SUGAR BOWL, but we can infer that OSU didn't win the B1G and have to settle for the Sugar Bowl. Since the Sugar Bowl is still reserved for a high ranked team, OSU wouldn't have been B1G Champs or NC contenders...and that also likely means another big conference game loss, almost assuredly to UM or Wisconsin (since he would have gone to OSU in the 90s).

3. Lance Harbor: Dude was going to FLORIDA STATE in the 90's when they were winning National Titles. 

4. Joe Pendleton (Heaven can Wait): SUPER BOWL CHAMPION

Edited by MWil23

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

TBH a healthy balance of both.

I propose 3 divisions:

1. QBs only

2. Non-super heros/robots and whatnot. 

3. Everybody

1 is for healthy debate, 2 is a mix, and 3 is where I get to tell @ET80 that Harry Potter would be a better QB than Captain America because Captain America was frozen in the 40's so he has no understanding of the passing game, Harry Potter could use magic on him, and Captain America is probably a racist.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

@ET80 TBH Willie Beamin may not be my 1st or 2nd choice...

I like his athleticism out of the pocket - I think his ability to absorb a playbook is a bit underrated, as he was checking at the line without his coaching staff approving his choices. Back then it may be an issue, but such pre-snap recognition is now a major asset.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

1 is for healthy debate, 2 is a mix, and 3 is where I get to tell @ET80 that Harry Potter would be a better QB than Captain America because Captain America was frozen in the 40's so he has no understanding of the passing game, Harry Potter could use magic on him, and Captain America is probably a racist.

SAM WILSON WAS HIS BEST FRIEND! SAM WILSON WAS HIS ONLY ALLY WHEN THEY LOOKED FOR BUCKY BARNES!

GET OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR WARLOCKS AND WIZARDS!

Just now, ET80 said:

I like his athleticism out of the pocket - I think his ability to absorb a playbook is a bit underrated, as he was checking at the line without his coaching staff approving his choices. Back then it may be an issue, but such pre-snap recognition is now a major asset.

TBH, his huddle presence is mediocre at best, his accuracy leaves a lot of meat on the bone, and his prima dona attitude and how he sees himself as better than he really is may honestly make him more Dak Prescott than Patrick Mahomes/Cam Newton.