OTA/Mini-camp Thread

ReggieCamp

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Unless he's Prime Time or Richard Sherman, people aren't going to avoid throwing his way. Teams will still hit slants/sticks on him, so he needs to be willing to solo tackle on these routes, otherwise he WILL be a liability.

I think we are making way too much of a big deal about this (just like everything in Cleveland media)

• Like 2

Why is everyone so wrapped up on his tackling?  Watch the film instead of regurgitating what the beat writers want to find to nit pick about.  

For the most part he played man coverage in college.  If he was racking up tackles that means people are catching the ball.  I'd rather they didn't catch the ball than need to be tackled.  

I haven't watched the totality of his film, but the few games I have watched I didn't see anything glaring in the missed tackle arena.  Sure his pursuit to the ball could use some work when it went to someone elses coverage, but nothing really says to me that he isn't able or willing to tackle. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tomahawk said:

Why is everyone so wrapped up on his tackling? 

Because he sucks at it. 

Just now, Tomahawk said:

Watch the film instead of regurgitating what the beat writers want to find to nit pick about.  

LOL, as if I could possibly care what those clowns think.

Just now, Tomahawk said:

For the most part he played man coverage in college. 

More specifically press man from the 6 LSU games I watched last year.

Just now, Tomahawk said:

If he was racking up tackles that means people are catching the ball.  I'd rather they didn't catch the ball than need to be tackled.  

I'd rather both. People WILL catch the ball on him.

Just now, Tomahawk said:

I haven't watched the totality of his film, but the few games I have watched I didn't see anything glaring in the missed tackle arena. 

I'd encourage you to watch more film then, as you stated above.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd encourage you to watch more film then, as you stated above.

Not really that interested in it.  I believe he will be an exceptional corner, and probably even make the pro-bowl(probably next year)

Unless someone puts together an anti-hype video showing all of these missed tackles, Ill just back Dorsey in his decision that we need the corner to cover more than we need them to make tackles. 

2 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Not really that interested in it.  I believe he will be an exceptional corner, and probably even make the pro-bowl(probably next year)

Unless someone puts together an anti-hype video showing all of these missed tackles, Ill just back Dorsey in his decision that we need the corner to cover more than we need them to make tackles. 

Got it. Next time let me know that I'm talking to the reincarnation of buno and it'll just save everyone a lot of time.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Got it. Next time let me know that I'm talking to the reincarnation of buno and it'll just save everyone a lot of time.

No idea who buno is.  However it is a moot point to go watch film now.  We drafted him.  He is our corner.  I have every faith he will improve as a player with NFL coaching.   Brow beating him week after week about his tackling when he is proven to be an exceptional cover corner is ridiculous to me.  Give him through training camp.  If he hasn't improved in your eyes, then beat up on him about it.  But we know the "pundits" not named John Dorsey were concerned about his tackling and apparently his wonderlic score.  Neither of which matters now until September.  

12 hours ago, mistakey said:

We’re gonna be a great running team cause we’re gonna be a great passing team.  Plus Chubb is elite at yards after first contact. 

I want our running backs to produce like the Eagles running-backs did during their super bowl run. Hell, even the Patriots running-backs are beasts too. 

No idea who buno is. 

You dare call out the GOAT Homer/2018 Chiviartini winner? @buno67

However it is a moot point to go watch film now.  We drafted him.  He is our corner.  I have every faith he will improve as a player with NFL coaching.   Brow beating him week after week about his tackling when he is proven to be an exceptional cover corner is ridiculous to me.  Give him through training camp.  If he hasn't improved in your eyes, then beat up on him about it.  But we know the "pundits" not named John Dorsey were concerned about his tackling and apparently his wonderlic score.  Neither of which matters now until September.  

I like Greedy and think he's a steal. I simply said that if he wants to be elite/great, he'll have to learn how to make basic tackles. He's not there YET. That doesn't mean he won't.

• Like 2

Nobody is going to accuse Greedy Williams of being a physical and willing tackler. I think that is less of a concern than physicality against receivers though.  I would argue that the tackling isn’t really even a reason that he fell in the draft. Not in today’s game. I see a bigger question mark for his success whether or not he can be physical with his frame in press man coverage. If he can be, I see no reason why he can’t be a very good coverage corner in this league. But these question marks were why he dropped to being the 7th CB selected. He is going to be up against some big and physical receivers in this league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Vd_3Tv.gif

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

For those that asked for an "anti hype" video on missed tackles, here you go:

greedyankle2.gif

LegitimateEachHarborseal-max-1mb.gif

Greedyankle1.gif

greedy3.gif

Get him! Get him!!! 😂

*edit: removed amazing get em GIF from the movie, "How High" due to language*

Edited by NudeTayne