OTA/Mini-camp Thread

ReggieCamp

38 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

What did the Browns do to Duke?

just how the whole situation has been handled by both sides. 

Dorseys didnt need to make the public comments that basically said they were seeking to trade Duke. Wasnt needed. You have duke pubically requestion a trade, and the drama that went on during mini camp interviews

At this point just cut his ***, done with it. If the dude was holding out for a new deal, Bakers comments would be a problem. Dude just got a new deal, got his 7 mil guaranteed and is using his time at the microphone, at camp, telling the world he wants out.

43 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

At this point just cut his ***, done with it. If the dude was holding out for a new deal, Bakers comments would be a problem. Dude just got a new deal, got his 7 mil guaranteed and is using his time at the microphone, at camp, telling the world he wants out.

Yeah and media acts like Baker went on a rant. Dude was asked and answered that he wants Duke to be a professional 

Just now, buno67 said:

Yeah and media acts like Baker went on a rant. Dude was asked and answered that he wants Duke to be a professional 

And I've said that I would rather have him basically not commented on it to avoid nonsense like this, but nothing he said was that bad.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:18 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Have Callaway at QB and count me in, that would be so much an f u to these teams, not only do they have to practice for or regular offense, but they have to spend time practicing against this, teams are going to be pissed.

Especially when they are gassed,

I would be ok with Willie Mays Hayes @ QB, too, if he makes the team

We won’t see anything until week 1. However, I can’t wait to see Freddie get creative with various formations. I want a simple read, power spread type of offense. Like what Alabama ran last year with Tua. I want Baker to see a matchup he likes at the line and attack.

Edited by candyman93

My guess regarding the alleged rift between Kitchens and Monken is the philosophical differences in the run game specifically. I know the backs in TB were meh, but they were also the least used backs in football. TBH that catches my attention more than the fact that Baker and some veterans hashed out their differences.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

My guess regarding the alleged rift between Kitchens and Monken is the philosophical differences in the run game specifically. 

If that is it, Monken is an idiot.

We have stud RBs.

22 minutes ago, bruceb said:

If that is it, Monken is an idiot.

We have stud RBs.

I'm only guessing. Obviously there's so many small elements that go into their respective offenses. While they certainly share commonalities, they're vastly different. I'm thinking it's just a part of the process but the RB use was the most clear difference to me.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

We won’t see anything until week 1. However, I can’t wait to see Freddie get creative with various formations. I want a simple read, power spread type of offense. Like what Alabama ran last year with Tua. I want Baker to see a matchup he likes at the line and attack.

true that offense was legit until they ran into a NFL caliber defense and they got completely shut down

10 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

My guess regarding the alleged rift between Kitchens and Monken is the philosophical differences in the run game specifically. I know the backs in TB were meh, but they were also the least used backs in football. TBH that catches my attention more than the fact that Baker and some veterans hashed out their differences.

I didn't hear about either of these things.. link?

First of all Mike Silver is an idiot..... Second, I read the article.  Outside of the title and the first paragraph, nothing in the article alludes to there being any kind of rift or issue between Monken and Kitchens.   This is another non ******* story the media is driving so they have something to get fn clicks. 

• Like 2