OTA/Mini-camp Thread

ReggieCamp

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Our run game is going to be elite next year.

I don't think we have the line for an elite run game, I dont see enough push from c, rg, et, unless we move Robinson to rt, and Harrison to lt. 

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Also, I’m definitely hyped for Callaway. I’m sticking with the Sterling Sharpe comparison.

Isnt Callaway much quicker than sterling?

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I don't think we have the line for an elite run game, I dont see enough push from c, rg, et, unless we move Robinson to rt, and Harrison to lt. 

Isnt Callaway much quicker than sterling?

Robinson will never be moved to the rightside. If the only option is to cut him or move him to the rightside, we would be better off cutting him.

40 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Why? He is 330 pounds and athletic.

Pretty sure he only played LT in HS, he only played LT in college, and in the NFL he has played only on the left side. Making him switch sides, would be like telling a professional Calligraphy to switch hands. It wouldnt even be worth the time. Its not like week1 he is the LT and the following week you can play him the RT. If a linemen has no prior experience being a swing linemen, you just cant switch them and expect similar results. Browns shouldnt even waste the time trying to allow him to adjust because it is not worth a roster spot

47 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Think so.

And a better open field runner, imho.

From Zac Jacksons article today it sounds like Callaway is about to take that massive leap that people saw when they said  if it wasnt for his suspensions he would have been a 1st rd. WR last year.

Its going to be reaaaaaaaally interesting how they handle Jarvis' contract, Callaway and Higgins contract after this season if all 3 are playing at a similarly good level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

From Zac Jacksons article today it sounds like Callaway is about to take that massive leap that people saw when they said  if it wasnt for his suspensions he would have been a 1st rd. WR last year.

Its going to be reaaaaaaaally interesting how they handle Jarvis' contract, Callaway and Higgins contract after this season if all 3 are playing at a similarly good level.

Higgins is gone imo, he will be more valuable to someone else than to us. 

Landry is the most over payed player on our roster, he makes 75% of what odell makes but is half the player at best. I dont think we can afford him after this either this year or next. I dont think he is tradable either, unless it was juice and a 4th  for a 3rd or something like that. 

Callaway, obj, njoku is more than enough to go forward with, especially if willies or ratley becomes viable. 

Finding slot wr isnt difficult, we could replace enough of what juice does with a couple of cracks at it with a 4th or a 5th. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Higgins is gone imo, he will be more valuable to someone else than to us. 

Landry is the most over payed player on our roster, he makes 75% of what odell makes but is half the player at best. I dont think we can afford him after this either this year or next. I dont think he is tradable either, unless it was juice and a 4th  for a 3rd or something like that. 

Callaway, obj, njoku is more than enough to go forward with, especially if willies or ratley becomes viable. 

Finding slot wr isnt difficult, we could replace enough of what juice does with a couple of cracks at it with a 4th or a 5th. 

Agreed, but getting rid of Landry might be tougher than it seems with his OBJ connection and we could potentially turn OBJ back into sideline drama OBJ every game by getting rid of Landry. Especially after 1 year. If Higgins looks great along with Callaway I would love to cut Landry and roll with OBJ/Callaway/Higgins/Njoku + draft pick but Im not sure the FO is on board with getting rid of OBJs bff potentially causing friction

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Agreed, but getting rid of Landry might be tougher than it seems with his OBJ connection and we could potentially turn OBJ back into sideline drama OBJ every game by getting rid of Landry. Especially after 1 year. If Higgins looks great along with Callaway I would love to cut Landry and roll with OBJ/Callaway/Higgins/Njoku + draft pick but Im not sure the FO is on board with getting rid of OBJs bff potentially causing friction

That is why I think we keep him for two years, once he is proven. 

If Callaway is proven I'd trade obj for a 2nd and change, cut Landry, have money for Baker, njoku, ward, Myles and build around those guys.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If Callaway is proven I'd trade obj for a 2nd and change, cut Landry, have money for Baker, njoku, ward, Myles and build around those guys.

Could be the case. I just hope they keep adding depth on both OL and DL after roster cuts. I really want to not have a huge drop off in talent when guys needed rotated out for a series and keep the pressure on. Plus more injury insurance on the OL would be nice with another rotational veteran

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Could be the case. I just hope they keep adding depth on both OL and DL after roster cuts. I really want to not have a huge drop off in talent when guys needed rotated out for a series and keep the pressure on. Plus more injury insurance on the OL would be nice with another rotational veteran

I concur.

If we can get a good 3rd dt it would be hot. 

Our oline could be good-great or a disaster.

36 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Tayne blames the toilets flushing in reverse for the post above.

• Like 1