OTA/Mini-camp Thread

ReggieCamp

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It’s because my feminine cheeks don’t grow hair.  It only comes in patchy and under my jawline.

Yep

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
Well that’s understandable then, you don’t need to be a neckbeard literally and figuratively.

8 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Again.... What?! 

I would argue that Vernon is now the most overpaid player.  

Landry is not OBJ.  I'll give you that.  But half the player?  Are you high?  Landry is literally the best possession receiver in the game since entering the league.  The only reason his salary is a question mark is we now have OBJ's salary as well.  Even with that, I don't see the Browns moving on from him until after the 2020 season.  There would be no reason to.  

I think landrys value will be on a knife's edge this season. He has never had good targets a head of him. Now there are 3 guys more dynamic than him at receiver njoku, obj, Callaway. 

He could be as low as 50 rec 600 yards

He has to play with his hair on fire.

Vernon is over payed also, but he plays a much more important position and qe dont have depth.

Wait..... What?  Based on what?  Interior line was one of our biggest strengths last year, and why the line graded out in the top 5.  We have questions with RG at this point, but there is nothing to indicate they won't get "push".

They were better at pass blocking 5han run blocking. Tretter doesnt generate power, he can get his lunch ate by good nts.also we lost zeitler.

With the weapons/options we have on offense this year, along with Baker and Chubb maturation, there is no reason not to believe that the run game won't improve.  The average attempts of the top 10 rushing attempts last year was 268.  Even if Chubb's ypc goes down to say 4.5, he is still looking at over 1,200 yards this year.  Zeke had 308 carries, and 1,400 yards to lead the league....  What do you consider an elite run game? Because I would argue we were close last year.

My concern is if our line fails to get push and there are question marks. 

Chubb will be a beast, but could be hampered by the oline. 

Hunt will be excellent, I have no doubt about our backs.

31 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think landrys value will be on a knife's edge this season. He has never had good targets a head of him. Now there are 3 guys more dynamic than him at receiver njoku, obj, Callaway. 

He could be as low as 50 rec 600 yards

He has to play with his hair on fire.

Vernon is over payed also, but he plays a much more important position and qe dont have depth.

Ehhh I think the only guy truly ahead of him is OBJ. Juice is still a much better route, has better hands and despite being less athletic is better after the catch I’d be shocked if he didn’t finish 2nd on the team in receptions this season 

6 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Ehhh I think the only guy truly ahead of him is OBJ. Juice is still a much better route, has better hands and despite being less athletic is better after the catch I’d be shocked if he didn’t finish 2nd on the team in receptions this season 

Baker likes to attack, the attack options are obj, Callaway, njoku.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well that’s understandable then, you don’t need to be a neckbeard literally and figuratively.

😠 Tayne's jawline is referred in the nickname thread as Russell Cro Magnon, confirmed(!!)!

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

David Blough will earn that #3 QB spot.

Barring something crazy, Stanton will be Bakers backup.

Browns will carry all four QBs, confirmed.

Also, the entire forum * when David Blough makes the team:

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=8075088

1 hour ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Landry may end up with the most receptions even, but...

*registers new screen name @OdelOdelTDMaker*

Edited by NudeTayne
*and a guy who happens to look a lot like Odell Beckham Jr.

13 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I'm the same, Almost cried the last time I shaved it off. 

I tried that once like 6-7 years ago because my trimmer went to 0 when it hit my face so I took a whole stripe off my short beard. I had no choice but to go all the way down to basically nothing. I havent seen my actual face with no hair in a decade since college and it scared the hell out of me. It was the longest week ever to grow enough beard back to even feel comfortable enough to see anybody I knew lol

Everybody asks "I wonder what you look like with no beard' and I always say 'no you dont'. I look 12.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Everybody asks "I wonder what you look like with no beard' and I always say 'no you dont'. I look 12.

Yeah man, same.  

My beard gets grizzly and wild and I look like a whole different human than when I’m trimmed up and again when I’m clean shaven. I don’t mind a short beard, but generally dislike clean shaven.  

This is a beard similar to mine, though I’ve never let my beard get as long, but the stache was longer.  I’ve got the wild stache like this dude, hairs going everywhere.

aa255dc1cfd4084c7752658d8564cc3f.jpg 

Goatees are for older guys with receding hairlines that need to rock the Pettine/Stone Cold look.  It ain’t good imo.

I’d rock the everloving isht out of a mustache if I could pull it off, but I don’t look cool like Ditka or Selleck, I just look like a used tire salesman or molester.  I wish I could pull it off though.

54d391f392c4b_-_esq-01-tom-selleck-musta

Damn that’s one fine soup strainer.

My biggest pet peeve though is guys who trim their beard way too high (along their jawline).  It ain’t supposed to look like some thick mutton chops man, watch a video on the YouTubes or let your barber trim it ffs.  Like so...

2_ecf078bf-b99a-4cf3-983a-55ecf2f370ad_l

The goatee without a stache?  That’s a negative as well.

Soul patch?  Not hardly. 

Thin stache?  Not on a white guy.

I’m running this bish right off the rails....

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I havent seen my actual face with no hair in a decade since college and it scared the hell out of me.

Had a full beard 3rd year of law school and shaved it off in advance of recruiting/interviewing season.

Was walking down Euclid and caught a glimpse of myself in one of those 45 degree storefront windows.

Did not realize it was me until I did a second take.

24 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Had a full beard 3rd year of law school and shaved it off in advance of recruiting/interviewing season.

Was walking down Euclid and caught a glimpse of myself in one of those 45 degree storefront windows.

Did not realize it was me until I did a second take.

lol I get it. Im a 'tweener' though when it comes to beards. I tried for like 2 months to just let it go and get a 'I drink a lot of craft beer, 70s dad or I might be in an biker gang' type of beard...it didnt work at all. Mine gets to a nice full short beard length of like 1- 1.5 in. and then it just stops. Anything after that just turns scraggly and it makes me look homeless. I also noticed when it got long, it went from brown to red colored.

It was at that point when I decided to graduate from chin strap puberty beard at 17 years old to a full time short beard at 21 and that was the best it was ever going to get.

Edited by AkronsWitness