Random Thoughts for May 2019

dll2000

54 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

How in the blue Sam Hill, does somebody list 9 safeties drafted since 2015 ahead of Eddie Jackson?  Dudes reasoning is he doesnt tackle well and he broke his leg in college.  

About now I'm betting whoever drafted the other nine wish they'd have drafted Jackson instead.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

How in the blue Sam Hill, does somebody list 9 safeties drafted since 2015 ahead of Eddie Jackson?  Dudes reasoning is he doesnt tackle well and he broke his leg in college.  

Who did that?

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

On the comparisons forum, the top 50.prospects thread, some dude named Ozzy put 9 safeties ahead of Eddie Jackson

NFL general forums have some knuckleheads.  Also a bunch in other Bears forum sites. 

Some decent guys, but they are hard to find amongst the weeds.

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

NFL general forums have some knuckleheads.  Also a bunch in other Bears forum sites. 

Some decent guys, but they are hard to find amongst the weeds.

Dude just asked where I would put Eddie in the top 100 prospects and I said somewhere in the top 10 overall.  Honestly I'm having trouble putting him any lower than 4th  Based on what they have done in the league thus far, I'd say maybe Mahomes, Barkley, and Wentz would deserve to be ahead, but honestly I cant think of anybody else I'd take over Eddie right now.

16 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Dude just asked where I would put Eddie in the top 100 prospects and I said somewhere in the top 10 overall.  Honestly I'm having trouble putting him any lower than 4th  Based on what they have done in the league thus far, I'd say maybe Mahomes, Barkley, and Wentz would deserve to be ahead, but honestly I cant think of anybody else I'd take over Eddie right now.

Tell him to first look up what prospect means. Eddie is not a prospect. 

If you are talking players Eddie is best safety in league right now going into 2019. Where you rank him as a player depends on how you value positions.  

Probably most of early guys would be QBs.  And next tier would be pass rushers. 

A whole lot of people have under rated quite a few Bears players.  My guess is after so many losing years and their way off predictions of the 2018 season they still believe we're one and done as NFCN Champs and we'll regress.

The more you read the more you understand they have no factual basis for it.  It's all just personal opinion based on losing Fangio and the defense and Mitch regressing and that's it.  In many circles the Bears have been a hated team throughout their history.

And given how long the Bears have existed that's been past down from Great Grand Father, to Grandfather, to Son, to Grandson.  So when we finally began to lose again that was good and it should stay that way.  Haters like it like that.

My feeling is it's all whistling past the graveyard stuff but it can only be answered by coming out ready to kick Rodgers *** and take names in that opener on National TV.  If you want to shut peoples mouths that's how you do it.

When SF blew the Bears out of the '84 playoffs the same things were said about the '85 team until it couldn't be said anymore.  They came out with chips on their shoulders and didn't remove 'em 'til the final gun of the Super Bowl.

If this team wants that same respect they're gonna need to do something similar this year or face some criticism.  I don't doubt that they can do it I just don't know yet whether they will but that opener will tell us a lot.  JMHO

• Like 1

Nobody in major media has Bears as a top 10 team.  A few minor players do. 

ESPN just put them at 11.

They all say same thing.  1) QB is medicore. 2) Defense will regress without Fangio. 3) Tough schedule.

I only agree with 3.  But I think early schedule isnt that bad.

Edited by dll2000

Such things don’t matter to me since it’s just a game, but the whole Madden player rating thing is a bit absurd. Probably because it generates buzz and clicks about a game that’s become pretty stale with the lack of competition it faces on the market. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Nobody in major media has Bears as a top 10 team.  A few minor players do. 

ESPN just put them at 11.

They all say same thing.  1) QB is medicore. 2) Defense will regress without Fangio. 3) Tough schedule.

I only agree with 3.  But I think early schedule isnt that bad.

But for two games their schedule is the same as three other NFCN teams and that's who we need to be most concerned with.

Win the NFCN overwhelmingly and we're on the road to a SB appearance.

1) Judging Mitch on the basis of his inaugural season in a new offense with an unfamiliar receiver core is pretty foolish.  Despite that and some correctable flaws he was still chosen to play in the Pro Bowl so if he's mediocre where does that place 10-12 other NFC QBs?

2) I think Jonathan Woods analysis addressed this pretty well.  And we didn't exactly go from Vic to a Dowell Loggains version of a DC. I'll take Pagano over quite a few others any day.  The Media said the same when Buddy Ryan left yet for the next two years the Bears defense was better under Vince Tobin.

So who the hell cares.  Thirty two teams still have 16 games each to play.  Anything can happen.

12 hours ago, soulman said:

But for two games their schedule is the same as three other NFCN teams and that's who we need to be most concerned with.

Win the NFCN overwhelmingly and we're on the road to a SB appearance.

1) Judging Mitch on the basis of his inaugural season in a new offense with an unfamiliar receiver core is pretty foolish.  Despite that and some correctable flaws he was still chosen to play in the Pro Bowl so if he's mediocre where does that place 10-12 other NFC QBs?

2) I think Jonathan Woods analysis addressed this pretty well.  And we didn't exactly go from Vic to a Dowell Loggains version of a DC. I'll take Pagano over quite a few others any day.  The Media said the same when Buddy Ryan left yet for the next two years the Bears defense was better under Vince Tobin.

So who the hell cares.  Thirty two teams still have 16 games each to play.  Anything can happen.

I think 1 is the point everyone misses.  People are analzying someone's first year on a job with very little prior experience and training.  Most people are bad in that year. 

MT was actually better than I expected last year all things considered. To say 2018 MT is what he is and always will be as a QB is kind of ridiculous.  But lots of serious people are doing just that.

It wasn't just new offense, it was basically his rookie year.  In 2017 he got very little offseason reps as Glennon had to be trained in new O.  He took over in season and was asked to do very little and taught very little.  Only real value of 2017 was getting used to big stage. 

• Like 1

I hope Bears follow trend of sitting starters in preseason. 

Just keep everyone healthy. 

If we have a major injury before season I may be ill. 

Be physical in practice where you can control it. 

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1