The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

To be fair James Cook left because he had 2-3 better RBs than him in his own recruiting class but that's exactly my point. He came here because of the ties to his brother and because he loved the school yet decommitted because other people were recruited at his position.

No arguments there. But again, that's one thing that happens when you commit real early; the circumstances change. James was pointed toward FSU for a while then we started piling up tons of RB talent since.

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Really loving our chances for Justin Fields. Watched him at the FSU camp and he put some great throws on tape in front of Jimbo.

I've read that he really has enjoyed his FSU visits.

3 minutes ago, Phire said:

I feel like we don't know each other much here. I know @Hockey5djh said he's FSU through his family.

What's your story @Cheesehead430, @TENINCH, and @hrubes20?

The door opened up for me to be a Noles fan for nothing other than the stupid reason that my dad had a training down in Tally and brought me back a Noles hat.  This was around 1995 or so.  I watched the next Noles game that came on TV, and being a middle school RB myself, zeroed in on Warrick Dunn.  I was hooked after that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

The door opened up for me to be a Noles fan for nothing other than the stupid reason that my dad had a training down in Tally and brought me back a Noles hat.  This was around 1995 or so.  I watched the next Noles game that came on TV, and being a middle school RB myself, zeroed in on Warrick Dunn.  I was hooked after that.

That's awesome man. Your dad brought back a piece of the Noles back to ya. Not a stupid reason at all haha.

@hrubes20 my story is similar. My step dad went down to Jacksonville Florida for a job interview I think in 91. He came back and had a Seminoles hat and a Gator hat. I chose the Seminoles hat and my brother took the Gator hat. When we moved down there I went to a store called pic n save and picked out about 2 weeks worth a Seminole shirts. I started watching the religiously when I noticed all the hot girls in Junior High were Seminole fans. They won their first title the following year. After high school I started dating my now wife and discovered that she was going to FSU. I've been pretty die hard since Junior High. Still haven't been to a game although I've been to the stadium and spent time in Tally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phire said:

I feel like we don't know each other much here. I know @Hockey5djh said he's FSU through his family.

What's your story @Cheesehead430, @TENINCH, and @hrubes20?

Parents divorced in 95' and I moved from Milwaukee to Tampa with my mother. Tampa for some reason is full of Gator fans but my aligance swang to the Noles. I was a huge football fan and the Noles were obviously pretty dominate in that time frame. My mom took me to see Bobby Bowden speak at local churches and I met him in the process and really just fell in love with the football team.  I moved back to Milwaukee in 08' and still keep up with them as much as I can. Ive been to Doak 3 times and Bowden's last game against WVU. 

Edited by Cheesehead430
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

@hrubes20 my story is similar. My step dad went down to Jacksonville Florida for a job interview I think in 91. He came back and had a Seminoles hat and a Gator hat. I chose the Seminoles hat and my brother took the Gator hat. When we moved down there I went to a store called pic n save and picked out about 2 weeks worth a Seminole shirts. I started watching the religiously when I noticed all the hot girls in Junior High were Seminole fans. They won their first title the following year. After high school I started dating my now wife and discovered that she was going to FSU. I've been pretty die hard since Junior High. Still haven't been to a game although I've been to the stadium and spent time in Tally.

i'm hoping he burned that Gator hat? :D

40 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

Parents divorced in 95' and I moved from Milwaukee to Tampa with my mother. Tampa for some reason is full of Gator fans but my aligance swang to the Noles. I was a huge football fan and the Noles were obviously pretty dominate in that time frame. My mom took me to see Bobby Bowden speak at local churches and I met him in the process and really just fell in love with the football team.  I moved back to Milwaukee in 08' and still keep up with them as much as I can. Ive been to Doak 3 times and Bowden's last game against WVU. 

I've heard how involved Bobby was with the community and churches. That's pretty cool that he was speaking at local churches and commingling like that.

As for me I just recently graduated from the law school at FSU. Previously I was living in Pennsylvania where my dad's family is from. Prior to that I was growing up in Hawaii. Dad was in the Coast Guard so we moved around a lot and got to see a ton of places. Picked up my Eagles fandom while in PA. We left Hawaii to be closer to my dad's family... what do you know, within a few years they ALL moved down to Florida. I have grandparents in Daytona, Vero (Indian River County) and aunts and uncles littered all over. As fate would have it my parents moved down to Florida too right as I was graduating undergrad and so I started applying to schools in Florida on a whim.

Got into both UF and FSU without any allegiances. FSU had the better football program and offered slightly more money than UF. 

Loved Tallahassee and never had a bad time at Doak. If you guys can make it down it's still a complete blast. Going to college games has been better than any of the pro games I've gone to (about half a dozen).