The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

7 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Thank God.  As you said, I would have been surprised if Francois didn't get it, but you never know when a new coach comes in.  I never want to see Blackman starting a game for this team again.

6 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

I wouldn't go that far, but definitely not for this season.

Apparently Hockman was pushing both Francois and Blackman hard in practice.   I wouldn't be suprised to see Hockman take over number 2 from Blackman very soon. 

6 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Apparently Hockman was pushing both Francois and Blackman hard in practice.   I wouldn't be suprised to see Hockman take over number 2 from Blackman very soon. 

Then Blackman transfers, which gives us an extra opening to recruit a bigtime QB for 2020.

7 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Then Blackman transfers, which gives us an extra opening to recruit a bigtime QB for 2020.

I think one of them will definitely be transfering.  Either this year or next.  I can't see either staying to be 3rd string with no guarantee that Francois leaves after this year.  

21 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

I wouldn't go that far, but definitely not for this season.

I would, unless he puts on about 50 pounds of solid muscle.

14 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Yes, please.

14 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

I think one of them will definitely be transfering.  Either this year or next.  I can't see either staying to be 3rd string with no guarantee that Francois leaves after this year.  

I'm guessing more than 1 QB transfers after this year.  At least 1 of the 3 redshirts won't be sticking around either.

Three negative things stick out from the game:

1) We were badly outcoached

2) The OL is still not good

3) The players and coaches are responsible for leaving a lot of points out on the field.

As terrible as we looked offensively, it should've been a winnable game. We kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

Hats off to the VT players and coaches, though.

6 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Three negative things stick out from the game:

1) We were badly outcoached

2) The OL is still not good

3) The players and coaches are responsible for leaving a lot of points out on the field.

As terrible as we looked offensively, it should've been a winnable game. We kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

Hats off to the VT players and coaches, though.

Yeah, it was nothing but ammo for all those that think Taggart is over his head.

Edit:  Stupid autocorrect.

Edited by hrubes20

Didn't get to watch the game as I was on a plane, but was pretty disappointed that we didn't even score a TD even though Murray got in on that one play.

Didn't really see much highlights, but from reading what everyone has been saying it seems like the O-line got whipped up. They got to fix it or its gonna be another long year.

We really stink. I know it's not a talent issue because he have some of the best players in the country.

Is Taggert in over his head or are the players not buying into what he's trying to do? There was a player we were trying to recruit that made that comment that our players care more about individual awards than they do winning as a team. Hard to argue with him.

19 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

We really stink. I know it's not a talent issue because he have some of the best players in the country.

Is Taggert in over his head or are the players not buying into what he's trying to do? There was a player we were trying to recruit that made that comment that our players care more about individual awards than they do winning as a team. Hard to argue with him.

I don' t think Taggart is a good coach. Hope to be wrong but the offense is bad, lots of penalties, the defense isn't good. 

• Like 1

Still haven't watched a full game this year, but season looks bad. I won't throw complete blame on Taggart. These aren't his players and the OL is looking terrible. If you getting dominated at the line, that will pretty much throw everything off.

Not sure about the defense. Just was mind blowing how Samford is throwing all over the D when they have all this talent in the secondary.

8 hours ago, ngo1125 said:

Still haven't watched a full game this year, but season looks bad. I won't throw complete blame on Taggart. These aren't his players and the OL is looking terrible. If you getting dominated at the line, that will pretty much throw everything off.

Not sure about the defense. Just was mind blowing how Samford is throwing all over the D when they have all this talent in the secondary.

He was put into a worse spot than anticipated but the playcalling the first 2 games didn't help. Ultimately people will judge him after 3 years not 2 games. But a losing season would definitely not look good and be a redflag.