The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

I say for the rest of the season just run it from the I-formation. Opposing D-lines are just pinning their ears back and teeing off on Francois.

Looks like it will take another year for them to learn the Gulf Coast Offense and the O-line will have to be rebuilt.

8 hours ago, ngo1125 said:

I say for the rest of the season just run it from the I-formation. Opposing D-lines are just pinning their ears back and teeing off on Francois.

Looks like it will take another year for them to learn the Gulf Coast Offense and the O-line will have to be rebuilt.

This is exactly what almost got Taggart fired at USF, except in the opposite direction. He created the "Gulf Coast Offense" (actually, Sean Payton already had the Gulf Coast Offense, but that's neither here nor there) because he was trying to force a running QB (Quinton Flowers) and spread personnel into the Harbaugh WCO. Now, he has personnel designed for a WCO, like Harbaugh's, and he wants to try and run a spread system designed for a running QB. Francois looked like a potential Day 2 pick prior to his injury, yet he's being forced into an offense designed for a QB like Quinton Flowers or Keenan Reynolds. If I were a Noles fan, I'd be furious at Taggart. Your OL is going to be a problem, but you can actually help them out if you run a less wide open offense. Ironically, that sort of offense is exactly what your prior coach recruited.