Jump to content
Phire

The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Recommended Posts

OL Greg Frey is out.

Randy Clements should be the expected replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.2.2019 at 12:42 AM, ngo1125 said:

OL Greg Frey is out.

Randy Clements should be the expected replacement.

very good news as the offense should work in sync now. Frey, Taggart and Bell was in handsight the worst possible fit. I would expect them to have the kind of success they had at Houston and FAU. The playmakers on offense and especially for that offense are in place. The offensive line has to be better (considering they were ranked worst in Div. 1 football, they will be) but Clements is a great teacher of the system and assignments will be much more clear. Taggart really did a bad job in his first year and mismanaged several parts of the team from hiring the wrong assistants to starting the wrong QB and not managing the games well but he has shown a willingness to adjust and change so I believe a turnaround is very possible with the new assistants that got hired, a better understanding of both defensive and offensive systems, a QB players will believe in and an easier schedule. 8-4 would be my expected W/L for 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ngo1125 said:

LB Jayion McCluster Commits

solid class so far. Need to get some skill position players and some more OL now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WR Malachi Wideman commits.

Not sure if he is planning to play for Leonard Hamilton as well. Has some nice dunking highlights.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ngo1125 said:

WR Malachi Wideman commits.

Not sure if he is planning to play for Leonard Hamilton as well.

It appears so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been following offseason news too much, and I missed the OT grad transfer from NIU. He played well vs Brian Burns in their matchup last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DE Xavier Peters transferring. Was hoping he would pan out, but looks like he wants to be closer to his son, which can't fault him for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ngo1125 said:

DE Xavier Peters transferring. Was hoping he would pan out, but looks like he wants to be closer to his son, which can't fault him for that.

Getting a little thin at that position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Getting a little thin at that position. 

Need big seasons from Kaindoh and Robinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guys going to be any good this year? I'm obviously a Miami fan and am curious how your squad will look this year. Seems that you guys are devoid of TOP LEVEL talent right now, but Miami's offense could easily be horribad again...plus they lost a ton of great defensive players in the last 2 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Are you guys going to be any good this year? I'm obviously a Miami fan and am curious how your squad will look this year. Seems that you guys are devoid of TOP LEVEL talent right now, but Miami's offense could easily be horribad again...plus they lost a ton of great defensive players in the last 2 seasons.

I expect them to be competent this year with Briles/Clements leading the offense. The OL is still a weak point and we lack pass rushers. Overall our defense should be improved based on stopping the run and our coverage unit should be much better. 

 

As far as wins, I expect 8-4 with many close games this year including Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I expect them to be competent this year with Briles/Clements leading the offense. The OL is still a weak point and we lack pass rushers. Overall our defense should be improved based on stopping the run and our coverage unit should be much better. 

 

As far as wins, I expect 8-4 with many close games this year including Miami.

Miami would have been a 5-6 win team this year if they hadn't gotten Tate Martell. I think he's going to be a stud, but I guess we'll see on that. Jury is still out. Martell's success at QB will make or break this team because if we have to watch the N'Kosi Perry show again, it's going to be abysmal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Miami would have been a 5-6 win team this year if they hadn't gotten Tate Martell. I think he's going to be a stud, but I guess we'll see on that. Jury is still out. Martell's success at QB will make or break this team because if we have to watch the N'Kosi Perry show again, it's going to be abysmal.

Miami seems to be a wild card this year. Their defense should be good though with the return of their LBs. I have no idea how Manny will do though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×