The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.2.2019 at 12:42 AM, ngo1125 said:

OL Greg Frey is out.

Randy Clements should be the expected replacement.

very good news as the offense should work in sync now. Frey, Taggart and Bell was in handsight the worst possible fit. I would expect them to have the kind of success they had at Houston and FAU. The playmakers on offense and especially for that offense are in place. The offensive line has to be better (considering they were ranked worst in Div. 1 football, they will be) but Clements is a great teacher of the system and assignments will be much more clear. Taggart really did a bad job in his first year and mismanaged several parts of the team from hiring the wrong assistants to starting the wrong QB and not managing the games well but he has shown a willingness to adjust and change so I believe a turnaround is very possible with the new assistants that got hired, a better understanding of both defensive and offensive systems, a QB players will believe in and an easier schedule. 8-4 would be my expected W/L for 2019.

• 2 months later...

Are you guys going to be any good this year? I'm obviously a Miami fan and am curious how your squad will look this year. Seems that you guys are devoid of TOP LEVEL talent right now, but Miami's offense could easily be horribad again...plus they lost a ton of great defensive players in the last 2 seasons.

31 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Are you guys going to be any good this year? I'm obviously a Miami fan and am curious how your squad will look this year. Seems that you guys are devoid of TOP LEVEL talent right now, but Miami's offense could easily be horribad again...plus they lost a ton of great defensive players in the last 2 seasons.

I expect them to be competent this year with Briles/Clements leading the offense. The OL is still a weak point and we lack pass rushers. Overall our defense should be improved based on stopping the run and our coverage unit should be much better. 

As far as wins, I expect 8-4 with many close games this year including Miami.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I expect them to be competent this year with Briles/Clements leading the offense. The OL is still a weak point and we lack pass rushers. Overall our defense should be improved based on stopping the run and our coverage unit should be much better. 

As far as wins, I expect 8-4 with many close games this year including Miami.

Miami would have been a 5-6 win team this year if they hadn't gotten Tate Martell. I think he's going to be a stud, but I guess we'll see on that. Jury is still out. Martell's success at QB will make or break this team because if we have to watch the N'Kosi Perry show again, it's going to be abysmal.

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Miami would have been a 5-6 win team this year if they hadn't gotten Tate Martell. I think he's going to be a stud, but I guess we'll see on that. Jury is still out. Martell's success at QB will make or break this team because if we have to watch the N'Kosi Perry show again, it's going to be abysmal.

Miami seems to be a wild card this year. Their defense should be good though with the return of their LBs. I have no idea how Manny will do though. 

• Like 1