The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

• 2 weeks later...

Lawrence Toafili committed as well.  Another 4 star RB who had offers from the entire SEC and OSU.  It's nice to see Slick Willie beat out legit teams for a recruit every once in awhile.  I was getting tired of seeing 3 star recruits committing, having beaten out the likes of FIU, Coastal Carolina, and Duke.

But the combo of Knighton and Toafili is going to see some serious PT in 2020 behind Laborn.  

• Like 1

fall camp is slowly coming to a close.

projected line up

QB: James Blackman

RB: Cam Akers

OL: Jauan Williams, Brady Scott, Baveon Johnson, Dontae Lucas, Ryan Roberts

WR: Tamorrion Terry, DJ Matthews, Keyshawn Helton

TE: Tre McKitty

DL: Cory Duden, Robert Cooper, Marvin Wilson

LB: Leonard Warner, Dontavious Jackson, Jaiden Lars-Woodbey, Joshua Kaindoh

DB: Stanford Samuels III, Levonta Taylor, Hamsah Nasirildeen, Asante Samuel Jr

the vibe right now is that our offense will be drastically improved and our defense should be good. But we'll see in less than 2 weeks against the Broncos

6 hours ago, SBLIII said:

fall camp is slowly coming to a close.

projected line up

QB: James Blackman

RB: Cam Akers

OL: Jauan Williams, Brady Scott, Baveon Johnson, Dontae Lucas, Ryan Roberts

WR: Tamorrion Terry, DJ Matthews, Keyshawn Helton

TE: Tre McKitty

DL: Cory Duden, Robert Cooper, Marvin Wilson

LB: Leonard Warner, Dontavious Jackson, Jaiden Lars-Woodbey, Joshua Kaindoh

DB: Stanford Samuels III, Levonta Taylor, Hamsah Nasirildeen, Asante Samuel Jr

the vibe right now is that our offense will be drastically improved and our defense should be good. But we'll see in less than 2 weeks against the Broncos

What?  So Minshew, Arnold and Bello are all gone?  I pretty sure they are still on the team but were awful last year so many they want all new blood.  Also Janarius Robinson I bet he starts potentially also.  So did they switch to a 3/4?  And I thought Nasirildeen was going to play LB and Woodbey was going to be the safety, guess it makes more sense because Woodbey is heavier?  Not sure they have the DL to have a 3/4 defense but I guess might not hurt.

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

What?  So Minshew, Arnold and Bello are all gone? 

no. Minshew is injured and probably would not have started anyway because his conditioning is way too bad for the high octane offense we will run. Arnold and Bello are backups.

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I pretty sure they are still on the team but were awful last year so many they want all new blood.  Also Janarius Robinson I bet he starts potentially also.

Robinson is backup EDGE

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

So did they switch to a 3/4?  And I thought Nasirildeen was going to play LB and Woodbey was going to be the safety, guess it makes more sense because Woodbey is heavier?  Not sure they have the DL to have a 3/4 defense but I guess might not hurt.

Yep, they did switch to the 3-4 with 223 pound Woodbey playing ILB next to Jackson and Nasirildeen playing Strong Safety.

8 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Damn Florida football not looking great. Florida Gators looking solid but The U and FSU aren't ranked. FSU should bounce back. You guys are in Florida and in ACC! FSU should be challenging with Clemson! 

yeah but everyone has down years. We will however see this year if it were just 2 down years or if it's a down cycle.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SBLIII said:

yeah but everyone has down years. We will however see this year if it were just 2 down years or if it's a down cycle.

With records of 7-6 and 5-7, Florida State has not had two seasons like that since what 1975 and 1976, and 76 was the first year Bobby Bowden started as a coach.  That was a damn long time ago so this is historic losing for Florida State.  This year will tell a lot if Taggart will be fired or not and if they can turn it around.