The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Getting info on this coaching search has been extremely difficult. Only thing that we know is that the rumors about Bob Stoops were false. Other than that who knows. But it seems this is a positive thing.

Still holding out hope for Bob Stoops.

From what I gathered Bob was never really interested and has been out for 2 weeks. But there are apparently some very interesting names in play that are currently coaching at some good P5 schools. But because they are still coaching this and next week not much will come out at this time.

On 22.11.2019 at 2:53 PM, TENINCH said:

Supposedly we should hear something within the next week. Thrasher asked boosters to throw in more money. Not sure for who though.

we will sometime in the next 7 days. Our 3 apparently are Franklin, Kelly and Campbell. Franklin they say has issues with our former president Barron, everyone hates Kelly at ND because he is Jimboish and Campbell is obviously having great success at Iowa State. All 3 won't be that easy to get though so we might have to throw serious money at them but yeah we don't have any leverage so we either pay the big bucks or stay irrelevant.

16 hours ago, SBLIII said:

we will sometime in the next 7 days. Our 3 apparently are Franklin, Kelly and Campbell. Franklin they say has issues with our former president Barron, everyone hates Kelly at ND because he is Jimboish and Campbell is obviously having great success at Iowa State. All 3 won't be that easy to get though so we might have to throw serious money at them but yeah we don't have any leverage so we either pay the big bucks or stay irrelevant.

From what Ive been seeing. Do you think FSU would go north of 7 million for Franklin?  Sounds like the only way PSU keeps him is if they bid well above USC or FSU.

Either way. Hes working to see his current 5.6 mil is only 2/3rds of what he will be seeing next year.

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

From what Ive been seeing. Do you think FSU would go north of 7 million for Franklin?  Sounds like the only way PSU keeps him is if they bid well above USC or FSU.

Either way. Hes working to see his current 5.6 mil is only 2/3rds of what he will be seeing next year.

Yes I expect it 

I think they will churn out serious dough for the next coach and try to lock him down this week and not get into a bidding war 

We will see if JF bites but I think they would go up to 8-8.5 per year 

commitment seems to be there right 

I would probably still lean to Campbell as next coach though 

Edited by SBLIII
  • Like 1