The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

5 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Everything seems so quite right now. Haven't heard anything new or anything pointing towards a specific coach. 

Based on just what I have been reading, I expect an announcement this week. Hopefully, its someone we expect because they will have a lot of work to do.

Good luck to Cam Akers, expect him to skip the bowl game and head to the NFL. Incredible he ran over 1,000 yards with that terrible O-line. Hope Terry comes back, but if he gets a good projection, he'll probably declare as well.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 6:37 PM, ngo1125 said:

Based on just what I have been reading, I expect an announcement this week. Hopefully, its someone we expect because they will have a lot of work to do.

Good luck to Cam Akers, expect him to skip the bowl game and head to the NFL. Incredible he ran over 1,000 yards with that terrible O-line. Hope Terry comes back, but if he gets a good projection, he'll probably declare as well.

Rumor is Norvell and FSU will make the announcement tomorrow after Memphis plays tonight. Also rumored to be a respectable 6 year contract. This move is a mixed bag for me, I like that they are going with Norvell but would have liked an established HC who has major ties to Florida for recruiting. He really has no ties to Florida which can be tough for recruiting, had FSU brought in a guy who has had the connection, which may have been a pipe dream in Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer they could have had things set for next year and make a push for ACC in year 2 and possibly a playoff in year 2 or 3. With Norvell FSU will get a solid offensive mind but will the talent be there to compete against the Clemson's the UMs or the UFs  if recruiting doesn't come up big? Had this have been the hire after Jimbo left I would be more for it because this guy is something special but because of the issue with Taggert is the media and boosters going to stir the pot come year 2 if they aren't producing a winning culture or are they going to give him more time then taggert did? Then you start to think why is he getting more time then taggert if he isn't producing a winning culture? Which will escalate to more questions and more mad fans....Hopefully these questions won't need to be asked if Norvell does come in here and start making changes with the players, and brings in a respectable DC as that was just a big of an issue as the offense was. The lack of discipline needs to be the first thing to go as they were just causing unnecessary penalties all year and Taggert didnt do anything about it. All in all I don't hate the hire nor love it based on the situation FSU has been put in the last 2-3 years. Hopefully if it is Norvell he brings FSU back to a respectable team and not what the last 3 years have produced.

Wasn't too excited when it looked like Norvell would be the guy since I wanted Stoops or Franklin, but after hearing him speak at the press conference, I came away optimistic.

We gonna have to be patient, but I like his passion and can see players playing hard for him.

Gonna be interesting to see who joins his coaching staff especially the defensive coordinator.

• Like 1

I don't know if we can expect great results before year 3 but I expect us to gradually improve under Norvell from competent to good to great. Just won't happen over night. I think he knows what he is doing. Don't really take much away from press conferences but I listened to some speeches at coaches clinics and Norvell has a very clear plan how to attack things. First he needs to recruit now, current players, coaching staff, boosters, administration, recruits and fans. Don't really expect much from the 2020 class because of the transition but I think he will be very active in the transfer portal to plug holes for next season.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

I don't know if we can expect great results before year 3 but I expect us to gradually improve under Norvell from competent to good to great. Just won't happen over night. I think he knows what he is doing. Don't really take much away from press conferences but I listened to some speeches at coaches clinics and Norvell has a very clear plan how to attack things. First he needs to recruit now, current players, coaching staff, boosters, administration, recruits and fans. Don't really expect much from the 2020 class because of the transition but I think he will be very active in the transfer portal to plug holes for next season.

Should get some nice JUCOs to come play for us this year. Norvell just needs to make us competitive against Miami and Florida. We can build up to compete with Clemson but we shouldn't be losing to Miami and we should make a game of it against Florida.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

FF's most famous Auburn fan says that Dillingham is useless. Has he been known to recruit anyone worth mentioning?

I guess he wasn't the primary recruiter.  I don't have VIP to 247, but I saw that he was the man on a bunch of OL recruits.  Yes, please.