The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

There was a meeting today between Norvell and the team, and apparently things went well.  Everyone is back practicing and several of the players are tweeing that the team is fine going forward.  

But yeah, why would you mischaracterize the communication you had with the players?  

55 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

There was a meeting today between Norvell and the team, and apparently things went well.  Everyone is back practicing and several of the players are tweeing that the team is fine going forward.  

But yeah, why would you mischaracterize the communication you had with the players?  

Yeah, a quick controversy.

I'm not sure what Norvell's intentions were with that. Just a horrible time to exaggerate your communication with the team.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ngo1125 said:

Hope there isn't a huge divide in the locker room after Warren Thompson's tweet about COVID protocols.

Judging by the number of tweets from other players, it looks like Thompson is on an island by himself.  I was impressed with Norvell's presser.  

• 2 weeks later...

Some surprises I saw when the depth chart was released.

• Warren Thompson winning one of the starting WR spots. Not sure if DJ Matthews is ever coming back.
  • Maurice Smith as the starting center. Thought it would between Johnson or Boselli, but Johnson got moved to RG.
  • Jarrian Jones winning the CB spot over Dent. Expect Dent to get a lot of playing time though. Was surprised to not see Gant on the 3 deep.

On 9/7/2020 at 5:06 PM, ngo1125 said:

Some surprises I saw when the depth chart was released.

• Warren Thompson winning one of the starting WR spots. Not sure if DJ Matthews is ever coming back.
  • Maurice Smith as the starting center. Thought it would between Johnson or Boselli, but Johnson got moved to RG.
  • Jarrian Jones winning the CB spot over Dent. Expect Dent to get a lot of playing time though. Was surprised to not see Gant on the 3 deep.

This was a big surprise to me as well.  Have to wonder if it was a  motivation tactic for Dent.