The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

14 hours ago, Phire said:

As for me I just recently graduated from the law school at FSU. Previously I was living in Pennsylvania where my dad's family is from. Prior to that I was growing up in Hawaii. Dad was in the Coast Guard so we moved around a lot and got to see a ton of places. Picked up my Eagles fandom while in PA. We left Hawaii to be closer to my dad's family... what do you know, within a few years they ALL moved down to Florida. I have grandparents in Daytona, Vero (Indian River County) and aunts and uncles littered all over. As fate would have it my parents moved down to Florida too right as I was graduating undergrad and so I started applying to schools in Florida on a whim.

Got into both UF and FSU without any allegiances. FSU had the better football program and offered slightly more money than UF. 

Loved Tallahassee and never had a bad time at Doak. If you guys can make it down it's still a complete blast. Going to college games has been better than any of the pro games I've gone to (about half a dozen).

Congrats!  Law school was easily the worst 3 years of my life (but don't tell my wife, as we got married when I was a 2L).

12 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Is the Law school there well regarded? My wife was a film student so it was a waste.

It's not Harvard but it's consistently in the top 50 law schools. FSU goes back and forth with UF for the top program in the state. Both great programs for staying in Florida but not much reach outside the state.

11 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Congrats!  Law school was easily the worst 3 years of my life (but don't tell my wife, as we got married when I was a 2L).

Where'd you go to school? Just got back from the Florida bar exam. Pretty brutal. We got essays on dependency (adoption), con law (not bad) and secured transactions AND commercial papers. Oof. Multiple choice portion was civ/crim process, business entities (corporate forms) and wills and estates. That one hurt haha.

14 hours ago, Phire said:

Where'd you go to school? Just got back from the Florida bar exam. Pretty brutal. We got essays on dependency (adoption), con law (not bad) and secured transactions AND commercial papers. Oof. Multiple choice portion was civ/crim process, business entities (corporate forms) and wills and estates. That one hurt haha.

University of Montana.  I'm a Montana native and the bar passage rate was some absurd number like 94% if you went to U of M.  It was around 60% if you went out of state, so I went with the higher odds.  I definitely don't regret it, given how little student loan debt I have compared to some of the other attorneys I have worked with who went to Gonzaga, Notre Dame, Yale, and Georgetown.  Unless you want to work in a huge firm on the east coast, or have Supreme Court aspirations, it's just not worth it.  

It's been awhile since I took the bar, but I do remember having both secured trans and commerical paper as well.  My focus in law school was not on the UCC stuff, and I know I was barely able to get the basics.  Thank goodness for the multiple choice and the practical portion of the exam.

On 8/4/2017 at 3:15 PM, Cheesehead430 said:

Welp. Say goodbye to Vante. 

WR depth/inexperience is troubeling to say the least. Hopefully Nyquan continues to progress and Tate takes a big jump. Going to need Capmbell to come off his injury strong and learn how to catch. 

Yeah DP going out like that... yikes. But he was having issues seeing the field anyways. WR experience is definitely a concern.

I'm not sure I'm totally confident in any of them. Murray has made the strongest case but Jimbo is always citing consistency and his feelings on Noonie are well documented. A big year is coming up for him.

Tate has definitely looked good in his limited role last year but it remains whether he can have a consistent role in the offense seeing significant snaps.

Then people cite Gavin and almost always mention the Orange Bowl return which is puzzling given that the return itself was ill advised (it turned out well) and one KR has little to do with starting at WR.

Apparently Campbell is practicing fully unless the reports I saw were wrong. But again we haven't seen him on the field.

I think this will be a bounce back year for the TEs. Haven't had that big producer since O'Leary.

13 hours ago, Phire said:

Yeah DP going out like that... yikes. But he was having issues seeing the field anyways. WR experience is definitely a concern.

I'm not sure I'm totally confident in any of them. Murray has made the strongest case but Jimbo is always citing consistency and his feelings on Noonie are well documented. A big year is coming up for him.

Tate has definitely looked good in his limited role last year but it remains whether he can have a consistent role in the offense seeing significant snaps.

Then people cite Gavin and almost always mention the Orange Bowl return which is puzzling given that the return itself was ill advised (it turned out well) and one KR has little to do with starting at WR.

Apparently Campbell is practicing fully unless the reports I saw were wrong. But again we haven't seen him on the field.

I think this will be a bounce back year for the TEs. Haven't had that big producer since O'Leary.

I think Noonie balls out this year.