The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

On 9/18/2021 at 7:53 PM, Towerbridge said:

Is Norvell the worst aging coach of all time. He's in his 30s and looks like he's in his 50s. I thought he was in his 60s at first glance.

Its wild. I can't believe I'm a year older than him, and yet I get carded eating with my parents

He seems like an intense type of guy so I could see him aging quickly, but with how bad the team is looking, I hope he doesn't implode.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 7:12 PM, hrubes20 said:

This recruiting class could really be a difference maker if Norvell can close.  I LOVE the rumors of Max Johnson transferring from LSU and bringing in his #1 TE recruit in the country brother with him.  That would be quite the coup.  

I've heard some whispers that some good players will come but it's really up in the air right now. 

Edited by SBLIII

32 minutes ago, ngo1125 said:

Hasn't been a great start so far. 🤦‍♂️

This is an understatement.  What a damn trainwreck.  I realize the rumors are that Hunter is going to get over $1 million plus a huge NIL to go play for Deion, but FSU simply can't be outspent by the likes of Jackson State.  This is the new reality of college football.  I'm disgusted with this program right now.

4 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

This is an understatement.  What a damn trainwreck.  I realize the rumors are that Hunter is going to get over $1 million plus a huge NIL to go play for Deion, but FSU simply can't be outspent by the likes of Jackson State.  This is the new reality of college football.  I'm disgusted with this program right now.

I was just informed that this is likely to happen. And Florida State simply can't keep up anymore. Consider this program dead.

But the NIL stuff probably means college football is dead anyway soon so I guess how much does it matter anyway?

College football is basically like soccer right now. 

54 minutes ago, ngo1125 said:

If the reports are true and Hunter got $2 million, hard to blame the decision. Can't imagine what Norvell and Marcus Woodson felt when the decision became final.

It's a new world out there with NIL.

It's over 5 times that when it is all said and done with the NIL stuff.  That's life-changing money.  I know Hunter looks like a future NFL star, but he's one ruptured achilles away from never making a dime professionally.  Nobody should ever fault a kid for taking that kind of money.

Considering the losing season, think the class came out pretty good overall.

Got most of the offensive lineman to stick. Hopefully Armella commits in the future. More time to think though does have me nervous. Got the QB in Duffy.

Marvin Jones, Jr always seemed destined for the SEC so wasn't surprised.

Getting Azareyeh Thomas helps take a little sting away from losing Hunter. Didn't even think there was any chance until LSU fired their coach.

Most concerning though is WR. Coleman is probably out of the picture since Dillingham took the Oregon job. Heard rumblings that Mortimer would go elsewhere so wasn't too surprised. Liked Dugans since I watched him as a player for FSU, but not sure he is going to last. Really have to hit the portal hard and hope they can get some guys.

3 minutes ago, ngo1125 said:

Considering the losing season, think the class came out pretty good overall.

Got most of the offensive lineman to stick. Hopefully Armella commits in the future. More time to think though does have me nervous. Got the QB in Duffy.

Marvin Jones, Jr always seemed destined for the SEC so wasn't surprised.

Getting Azareyeh Thomas helps take a little sting away from losing Hunter. Didn't even think there was any chance until LSU fired their coach.

Most concerning though is WR. Coleman is probably out of the picture since Dillingham took the Oregon job. Heard rumblings that Mortimer would go elsewhere so wasn't too surprised. Liked Dugans since I watched him as a player for FSU, but not sure he is going to last. Really have to hit the portal hard and hope they can get some guys.

Armella looks to be signing tonight at 9:45.