The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

On 1/7/2023 at 2:37 PM, seminoles1 said:

Great to have him back, but not a great decision IMO.

Eh, I think he can improve his stock this year a good bit by staying healthy.  He could be a 15-25 pick if he's healthy and productive, whereas he was probably a 25-40 pick if he declared this year.  With big NIL money these days, he is surely making a sizeable amount to come back for a year and try to improve.

I would have advised him to declare and not take the gamble, but I definitely get it.  It's also refreshing AF to see the culture that Norvell has brought back in Tally.  The draft eligible players didn't even consider sitting out the bowl game.  Potential 1st round picks are coming back for their senior seasons.  Good stuff.

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

The offensive personnel for 2023 seems to be on par with the 2013 championship team.

There is certainly an argument to be made there, and it's easily the best FSU has had since then.  After Norvell pulled in Coleman yesterday, my expectations for this season are ridiculously high.

46 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

There is certainly an argument to be made there, and it's easily the best FSU has had since then.  After Norvell pulled in Coleman yesterday, my expectations for this season are ridiculously high.

Coleman is a luxury at this point. I think I would've preferred the UAB safety if I could only pick one. We lack some defensive depth.

On 5/18/2023 at 10:09 AM, Tetsujin said:

Coleman is a luxury at this point. I think I would've preferred the UAB safety if I could only pick one. We lack some defensive depth.

Definitely.  But he truly does make that offense a matchup nightmare for anyone.  

The D is absolutely going to be what makes or breaks 2023 though.  You're spot on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 9:33 PM, Tetsujin said:

The offensive personnel for 2023 seems to be on par with the 2013 championship team.

Agreed. This team is the most talented team I’ve seen in a long time. Travis makes a huge difference. It’s not often that you can say that your team has the potential to have a top 5 player on both sides of the ball. You put all the marbles in on this year…it’ll dictate the next decade plus

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

This is a ridiculously good recruiting class so far for Norvell, if he can manage to keep them.  Never thought they could pull Bolden away from UGA.  

This has been a great class for you guys and Bolden going to FSU (so far) makes me happy as an OSU fan b/c it gives me a little more comfort in us getting Houston and Raiola not able to convince everyone to stick around and go to UGA.

18 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This has been a great class for you guys and Bolden going to FSU (so far) makes me happy as an OSU fan b/c it gives me a little more comfort in us getting Houston and Raiola not able to convince everyone to stick around and go to UGA.

That Buford team is so dang stacked.  

But that's enough of the niceties.  I'm going to need Hartline to go take a HC job somewhere soon so the Noles can flip Jeremiah Smith.  Dude has been to campus a bunch of times and the blurbs are that if it wasn't for Hartline, he'd be going to Tally.

12 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

That Buford team is so dang stacked.  

But that's enough of the niceties.  I'm going to need Hartline to go take a HC job somewhere soon so the Noles can flip Jeremiah Smith.  Dude has been to campus a bunch of times and the blurbs are that if it wasn't for Hartline, he'd be going to Tally.

Yeah, Buford has a ton of really great players. Looks like you guys are going to flip Perlotte as well. Really putting together a nice class.

Jeremiah has been to every school a ton of times. He's been to Miami like 10. Hartline has a nice, cushy place at OSU so please don't hold your breath lol. Personally I think he'd be in Gainesville b/c of his relationship w/ Lagway but that's just me. His recruitment has been wild. I'd be worried about him if he hasn't said he's OSU through and through and he's just enjoying himself. It's got to be neat and overwhelming to be him right now. People from so many schools constantly badgering you about flipping, staying committed, then having to play ball on top of that. Feel like he doesn't have any free time.

40 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, Buford has a ton of really great players. Looks like you guys are going to flip Perlotte as well. Really putting together a nice class.

Jeremiah has been to every school a ton of times. He's been to Miami like 10. Hartline has a nice, cushy place at OSU so please don't hold your breath lol. Personally I think he'd be in Gainesville b/c of his relationship w/ Lagway but that's just me. His recruitment has been wild. I'd be worried about him if he hasn't said he's OSU through and through and he's just enjoying himself. It's got to be neat and overwhelming to be him right now. People from so many schools constantly badgering you about flipping, staying committed, then having to play ball on top of that. Feel like he doesn't have any free time.

I know.  😔

I totally agree about the process being so overwhelming for a HS kid these days.  The bags being dropped certainly makes it worthwhile, but how much of that is actually going to the kids?  

• 4 weeks later...