Which teams improved/regressed the most on paper?

RaidersAreOne

@RaidersAreOne I will say the Raiders are the most improved if you say that the 49ers are the most improved LOL

Raiders improved significantly because they had very few guys that would start on other teams last year. Mayock did a good job of getting them from terrible to 'average' with 'pretty decent' upside. Antonio Brown was an incredible addition, obviously. 

I also like what Washington, and Arizona did. Seattle is probably on the list as well considering the maneuvering that they did. 

Chiefs got worse. What a horrible offseason for them. They are going to disappoint a lot of people next year. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, N4L said:

@RaidersAreOne I will say the Raiders are the most improved if you say that the 49ers are the most improved LOL

Raiders improved significantly because they had very few guys that would start on other teams last year. Mayock did a good job of getting them from terrible to 'average' with 'pretty decent' upside. Antonio Brown was an incredible addition, obviously. 

I also like what Washington, and Arizona did. Seattle is probably on the list as well considering the maneuvering that they did. 

Chiefs got worse. What a horrible offseason for them. They are going to disappoint a lot of people next year. 

To be fair, after the Gruden inspired debacle last year any old fool could have improved the Raiders dramatically so I'm not overly impressed just yet.

The 49ers on the other hand should be a pretty good team, love the look of their DL with the additions of Ford and Bosa. Bosa obviously will be a big part and though Ford is not particularly great value he should be a good compliment. Verrett and Coleman were very good value additions and of course with Garoppolo back the team is definitely on the rise. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N4L said:

I'm torn on this, but I didn't like their management of resources, particularly at edge and the lack of CB additions.

10 hours ago, N4L said:

For now the Chiefs got worse. If they add a legit CB via trade it's probably a wash. 

Overall I see this as a strong team with a better defense (15-20ish) but worse offense (top 5 still). I don't see the Chiefs making the Super Bowl but I would not rule out a 12 win season for the Kansas City Chiefs. They are still a Super Bowl contender to me. But that's me assuming Patrick Mahomes will still throw for at least 40 touchdowns. 

I'm just wondering how the Steelers are still considered the favorites of the AFC North when they lose two elite offensive weapons, have a middle of the road defense with questionable DB play and no significant improvements to that outside of trading up for an undersized (Albeit elite) LB?  While the rest of the conference made significant improvements to their teams, I just don't see what about this team makes them such a favorite over the rest of the conference.

i think the jags got better in a few spots but got worse in a few others leading to an overal decline.  

jags got better at QB, TE and RT. 

jags got worse on paper at RB, FS(gipson to wilson/davis should be interesting), DT(losing jackson probably hurts more then we know as a pass rusher.)

The Pats project to  regress, mostly due to age.

Tom Brady is 42 now, not 41
Rob Gronkowski retired
Trey Flowers left
Patrick Chung is 31, not 30 
Julian Edelman is 32, not 31
Devin McCourty is 31, not 30

Also of note: Trent Brown left, Jason McCourty (31), Marcus Cannon (31)

For the Pats to offset this substantial aging to their core, they will need their 2nd year players (a bunch of whom were redshirted) and highly drafted rookies to step up.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm just wondering how the Steelers are still considered the favorites of the AFC North when they lose two elite offensive weapons, have a middle of the road defense with questionable DB play and no significant improvements to that outside of trading up for an undersized (Albeit elite) LB?  While the rest of the conference made significant improvements to their teams, I just don't see what about this team makes them such a favorite over the rest of the conference.

Because they didn't really?

LeVeon bell was easily replaced with James Connor, he'll be just as good as Bell would've in his now 2nd season with the starting gig.

JuJu was already becoming as good of a #1 as Antonio Brown, and Brown was just becoming a liability due to the circus he was.