Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Which teams improved/regressed the most on paper?

Recommended Posts

I think the Colts, Miami, Lions & Broncos have improved. 

I think the Chiefs have taken a step back, as well as the Patriots, Seahawks & Steelers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Danger said:

Because they didn't really?

LeVeon bell was easily replaced with James Connor, he'll be just as good as Bell would've in his now 2nd season with the starting gig.

JuJu was already becoming as good of a #1 as Antonio Brown,
and Brown was just becoming a liability due to the circus he was.

None of this is true IMO.

Let's see what both Ju Ju and Conner does without AB demanding a DBL team for a full season. Sure as hell better be more then what occured week 17 vs the Bungals?? Acting like they won't  skip a beat especially Ben is absurd to me.

Bell>>>>>>>Conner

AB>>>>>>>JuJu

While still being very good in their own rights , neither is "better" then the All Pro's you're so easily  dismissing.  Sorry.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

None of this is true IMO.

Let's see what both Ju Ju and Conner does without AB demanding a DBL team for a full season. Sure as hell better be more then what occured week 17 vs the Bungals?? Acting like they won't  skip a beat especially Ben is absurd to me.

Bell>>>>>>>Conner

AB>>>>>>>JuJu

While still being very good in their own rights , neither is "better" then the All Pro's you're so easily  dismissing.  Sorry.

it absolutely is lmfao.

I never said they were better, just easily replaced. It's the system and Ben. All 4 of them are good players, but none of them are Elite, just the system taking them from good to great.

James Conner had 117 Yards from scrimmage per game in his first season starting. He's going to get better. LeVeon Bell had 129 (12 more) in his last season playing for the Steelers. There won't be a noticeable dropoff.

In his second season, Juju had 111 catches for 1426 yards and 7 TDs

Without Antonio Brown there, Juju's number should easily rise to the slightly higher numbers that Antonio Brown would put up. There might be a slight drop off, but it'll be insignificant. The trade off of not having to deal with two circuses at the same time is easily worth it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Danger said:

it absolutely is lmfao.

I never said they were better, just easily replaced. It's the system and Ben. All 4 of them are good players, but none of them are Elite, just the system taking them from good to great.

James Conner had 117 Yards from scrimmage per game in his first season starting. He's going to get better. LeVeon Bell had 129 (12 more) in his last season playing for the Steelers. There won't be a noticeable dropoff.

In his second season, Juju had 111 catches for 1426 yards and 7 TDs

Without Antonio Brown there, Juju's number should easily rise to the slightly higher numbers that Antonio Brown would put up. There might be a slight drop off, but it'll be insignificant. The trade off of not having to deal with two circuses at the same time is easily worth it.

 

While JuJu softens the blow for the AB loss will Washington be able to fill his shoes as the #2? Bell wasn't there last year so that isn't really a loss from last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Steelers lost a lot of talent on paper. By far the biggest talent loss in the league. I don't think we're going to lose much as a team, though. I could see Ben tossing a few fewer INTs now that he isn't going to be forcing it to AB anymore. We already played all of last year without Bell, so I don't think that will be a huge loss. I think the offense will be a lot more balanced, which should help. We are reliant on JuJu and Ben stepping up. James Washington needs to take a step. I could see Moncrief having a decent season as the deep threat. He might get close to his career high in yards, catches, and TDs.

I think the defense got considerably better, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO the reason that the Steelers aren't being looked down upon is because they still have a nice core of talent on offense:

QB: Big Ben

RB: Connor

WR: JuJu

Throw in an "improved defense" on paper to go with a consistent organization as a whole (although WOW what a bunch of drama since December), and until someone proves otherwise (not as many people buy into Baltimore right now due to their losses on defense), and they're still the top dog in the North...for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO the reason that the Steelers aren't being looked down upon is because they still have a nice core of talent on offense:

QB: Big Ben

RB: Connor

WR: JuJu

Throw in an "improved defense" on paper to go with a consistent organization as a whole (although WOW what a bunch of drama since December), and until someone proves otherwise (not as many people buy into Baltimore right now due to their losses on defense), and they're still the top dog in the North...for now.

That OL is beastly too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Danger said:

Because they didn't really?

LeVeon bell was easily replaced with James Connor, he'll be just as good as Bell would've in his now 2nd season with the starting gig.

JuJu was already becoming as good of a #1 as Antonio Brown, and Brown was just becoming a liability due to the circus he was.

To be quite frank, people severely overrate both players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
2
15 hours ago, Danger said:

it absolutely is lmfao.

I never said they were better, just easily replaced. It's the system and Ben. All 4 of them are good players, but none of them are Elite, just the system taking them from good to great.

James Conner had 117 Yards from scrimmage per game in his first season starting. He's going to get better. LeVeon Bell had 129 (12 more) in his last season playing for the Steelers. There won't be a noticeable dropoff.

In his second season, Juju had 111 catches for 1426 yards and 7 TDs

Without Antonio Brown there, Juju's number should easily rise to the slightly higher numbers that Antonio Brown would put up. There might be a slight drop off, but it'll be insignificant. The trade off of not having to deal with two circuses at the same time is easily worth it.

 

So Antonio Brown is a system player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of KC getting listed. I'm not going to argue it THAT much, but I do want to make a couple points on that matter. Anyone including Eric Berry in that calculation really shouldn't. He didn't play for us basically the last two years. Him being gone is just confirmation, not anything new. On paper he just went from IR to free agency. A new kind of unavailable. Kind of similar with Hunt, where he was gone before the offseason began anyway. Hill is also up in the air right now. If he's gone we definitely belong here. If he takes like a 4 game suspension or something, I'm not sure we do. Hard to say, but I don't want to get too into that in a thread like this.

Ultimately, our noteworthy roster changes are, we lost Morse, Houston, Ford, Bailey, Ware, and Conley, we gained Clark, Okafor, Ogbah, Wilson, Lee, Mathieu, and Breeland. Hill is ?. Those who said we improved on defense but regressed on offense are, IMO, likely correct. It's just a question of how much on the offense point with Hill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They all improved on paper. Everyone looks good in May. :)

But Browns and Raiders the most easy. Figures, for many years I root for the Browns (not because they're my team) and now that they finally are putting it altogether, they sign a POS like Hunt and I hope they lose every game they play till he's off the team. Maybe more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 2:25 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

That OL is beastly too.

I'm really hoping the loss of Munchak will cause their offensive line to fall apart, but I'm not counting on it. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×