Which teams improved/regressed the most on paper?

RaidersAreOne

On 5/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, 24isthelaw said:

The Pats project to  regress, mostly due to age.

Tom Brady is 42 now, not 41
Rob Gronkowski retired
Trey Flowers left
Patrick Chung is 31, not 30 
Julian Edelman is 32, not 31
Devin McCourty is 31, not 30

Also of note: Trent Brown left, Jason McCourty (31), Marcus Cannon (31)

For the Pats to offset this substantial aging to their core, they will need their 2nd year players (a bunch of whom were redshirted) and highly drafted rookies to step up.

Gee, I thought the pats got better at DB, LB and Dline than last year, Better at RB and  WR. Gronk only caught 50 balls last year, certainly not a lot of production to replicate.  I think they do better than last year's 11-5 .  I have concern more for the coaching staff than I do for the players.  

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 12:04 PM, bomont said:

They all improved on paper. Everyone looks good in May. :)

But Browns and Raiders the most easy. Figures, for many years I root for the Browns (not because they're my team) and now that they finally are putting it altogether, they sign a POS like Hunt and I hope they lose every game they play till he's off the team. Maybe more. 

You also must hate the Chiefs, Redskins, Cowboys, Patriots, and plenty other NFL teams lol

22 hours ago, Activated10 said:

How did Miami improve lol

Rosen

I have a sneaking suspicion, he'll do well there. I think he's way more talented than Tannehill.

In fact, in so confident.

That I bet Miami has a better record over the Jets & Bills this season.

That may not be saying much, but still.

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Rosen

I have a sneaking suspicion, he'll do well there. I think he's way more talented than Tannehill.

In fact, in so confident.

That I bet Miami has a better record over the Jets & Bills this season.

That may not be saying much, but still.

Unpopular Opinion:

Tannehill wasn't the problem in Miami.

On 20/05/2019 at 1:28 PM, patman said:

Gee, I thought the pats got better at DB, LB and Dline than last year, Better at RB and  WR. Gronk only caught 50 balls last year, certainly not a lot of production to replicate.  I think they do better than last year's 11-5 .  I have concern more for the coaching staff than I do for the players.  

Yeah I reckon we've maintained.

Got better in some positions, worse in others. 11-5, for us, is a pretty down year (haven't been that low in a while) - I expect 12. 

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah I reckon we've maintained.

Got better in some positions, worse in others. 11-5, for us, is a pretty down year (haven't been that low in a while) - I expect 12. 

I just took exception to the statement the the pats project to regress from last year's 11-5 season.  The off season is not even over yet, and we are in the hunt for Rudolph and or McCoy.  

On 5/20/2019 at 2:44 AM, goldfishwars said:

Munchak could easily turn out to be the biggest loss the Steelers suffered this offseason. 

Considering the Broncos have been rebuilding their offensive line since Jake Plummer was last under center, I will take this as good news

17 hours ago, patman said:

I just took exception to the statement the the pats project to regress from last year's 11-5 season.  The off season is not even over yet, and we are in the hunt for Rudolph and or McCoy.  

Doesn't matter what names we get, we'll always be good with Bill.