rank the roster: 2019 edition (#18) (complete)

FinneasGage

who's the 18th best player on the packers?   

45 members have voted

1. 1. who's the 18th best player on the packers?

• Jamal Williams
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Marquez Valdes-Scantling
    • Equanimeous St. Brown
    • Jace Sternberger
    • Marcedes Lewis
    • Elgton Jenkins
    • Billy Turner
    • Lane Taylor
    • Jason Spriggs
    • Dean Lowry
    • Tyler Lancaster
    • Montravius Adams
    • Kyler Fackrell
    • Reggie Gilbert
    • Oren Burks
    • Josh Jones
    • Tony Brown
    • Josh Jackson
    • Tramon Williams

1: Aaron Rodgers | QB
2: David Bakhtiari | OT
3: Davante Adams | WR
4: Kenny Clark | DL
5: Jaire Alexander | CB
6: Bryan Bulaga | OT
7: Za'Darius Smith | EDGE/DL
8: Adrian Amos | SAF 
9: Corey Linsley | C
10: Blake Martinez | LB
11: Aaron Jones | RB
12: 
Preston Smith | EDGE
13: Mike Daniels | DL
14: Kevin King | CB
15: Jimmy Graham | TE
16: Darnell Savage | SAF
17: Rashan Gary | EDGE/DL
18: 

Edited by FinneasGage

Fackrell is still getting no love even though he was potentially our 3rd best defender last year (behind Clark and Jaire). Even with both the Smiths he still probably plays 70% of the snaps (I kind of expect 3 of  the smiths/Gary/Fack on the field at any given time, similar to when we had Perry/Pep/clay)

• Like 1

Not a huge Fackrell fan but he was substantially better last year then every player on this list.  

How can a guy like Kevin King, who's been both piss poor and hurt over his career be listed ahead of Fackrell who was in the top 20 last year in sacks?  Seems like a substantial amount of dreaming and out of this world hypotheticals that are putting this list together.  

Edited by SSG

17 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Ill go Turner here too.

When was the last time GB invested in a FA on the OL ?

Old man Jeff Saturday, and before that 2005 with a couple of scrub OGs 
Definitely a change in direction to shore up that critical position group

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Allison was going to push for a 1,000 yds last year if he wasn't injured.  He was heavily involved early on and quite productive.

But he didn't.  That's an assumption based on the best possible scenerio.  Allions has less than 750 yards receiving yards in 27 career NFL games. Your projection is assuming that he'd have more than doubled the production he'd had in his previous 2 years combined.

I'm by no means a Kyler Fackrell fan but you aren't having to assume that he'd more than tripled his career best season.  

Edited by SSG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SSG said:

But he didn't.  That's an assumption based on the best possible scenerio.  Allions has less than 750 yards receiving yards in 75 career NFL games. Your projection is assuming that he'd have more than doubled the production he'd had in his previous 2 years combined.

I'm by no means a Kyler Fackrell fan but you aren't having to assume that he'd more than tripled his career best season.  

There's some truth there .. I'm projecting.  Still though 303 of that 750 came in less than five full games last season.  He logged 19 receptions for 289 yds and 2 Td's in 4 games.  It's not a stretch to think he could have kept that pace up as a #2 receiver given the volume of targets he probably would have received.  As for Fackrell .. he probably should go right in here somewhere as well .. he had a nice season.  

1 hour ago, SSG said:

Not a huge Fackrell fan but he was substantially better last year then every player on this list.  

How can a guy like Kevin King, who's been both piss poor and hurt over his career be listed ahead of Fackrell who was in the top 20 last year in sacks?  Seems like a substantial amount of dreaming and out of this world hypotheticals that are putting this list together.  

I mean you can make a case for King because he hasn't done much. I don't think many are that out of this world projections. Maybe the rookies are a little high but the rest seem fine to me. I think the sacks are a little misleading as well, he had only 20 pressures total on the season which was even less than Clay. 

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

...As for Fackrell .. he probably should go right in here somewhere as well .. he had a nice season.  

Not quibbling with that thought much, FG, just taking this opportunity to get in a shot at Fackrell...

In all honesty I think he lucked into his pressures and sacks by being the least thought about and least schemed for player on GB's defense.