Veterans From Other Teams Who Could Help The Lions

Just Want A Title

The draft is in the books and most rookies are signing their contracts.  What veteran players are in danger of being cut that could help the Lions?  Janoris Jenkins could nail down our #2 CB position.  This draft was deep with interior lineman so I would be willing to be a quality veteran who would upgrade our RG position will become available.  Thoughts?

I'm very curious to see what the plan is with all of this extra cap space that we do have. Maybe they're looking to roll most of it over to next year to sign somebody (maybe a Snacks extension) or to have a buffer for when this years FA contracts get bumped up in year 2.

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

The Jets fired their GM and made Adam Gase their interim GM.  He already shipped out Darron Lee to the Chiefs for a 6th round pick.  They have  lot of depth on the D-Line.  Do you think we could pick up a quality player from their roster?

I'd actually like to see if we could take a run at one of their WR's. I'm not that familiar with Gase or his offensive scheme but I wouldn't hate it if we brought in someone that doesn't fit for him on the cheap.

23 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'd actually like to see if we could take a run at one of their WR's. I'm not that familiar with Gase or his offensive scheme but I wouldn't hate it if we brought in someone that doesn't fit for him on the cheap.

Yea I think we severely lack a WR that is a speedster. I also like Morris Claibourne as a #2 CB.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Idt there should be a problem making room but not gonna act like I know much about who's getting paid what.

But I'd make room.

He's a 30 year old making $14M (dead cap of $5.5M). Our OL was ranked in the top 16 by PFF last year and that was even with the loss of Lang. There could be improvement for sure but I don't think adding Williams is going to solve everything for us. Especially with that kind of cap hit.