2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Lol no it doesn't. You need to look up the definition of a fact. But carry on with whatever works for ya. I'll guarantee that Jayson Tatum will never be a top 10 player. He doesnt facilitate at all for anyone but himself, he isn't an elite athlete nor does he have elite traits. His ceiling is top 30, max. 

He's a #2 option, at best, flat out. He's more along the lines of a Khris Middleton. Borderline all-star, solid #2 on a good team. Nothing wrong with that. 

Why is anyone speaking facts about a dude who just ended his 2nd year? Saying point blank he's going to cap out as Khris Middleton is stupid, quite frankly.

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Why is anyone speaking facts about a dude who just ended his 2nd year? Saying point blank he's going to cap out as Khris Middleton is stupid, quite frankly.

Saying he's going to cap out as a #2, borderline all-star, not Khris Middleton. Don't get caught up in the name. There's literally nothing to suggest he'll ever be a top 10 player. Everything about him screams #2 scorer. Nothing in the numbers nor on tape says #1. Nothing. He's not an elite athlete, he doesn't have an elite skillset and he doesn't facilitate for others. He's a #2, at best.

Edited by beekay414

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Saying he's going to cap out as a #2, borderline all-star, not Khris Middleton. Don't get caught up in the name. There's literally nothing to suggest he'll ever be a top 10 player. Everything about him screams #2 scorer. Nothing in the numbers nor on tape says #1. Nothing. He's not an elite athlete, he doesn't have an elite skillset and he doesn't facilitate for others. He's a #2, at best.

Comments like this just make me want to lol Paul George Kawhi Leonard and even your great Greek Freak did not show any signs of being a top 10 player when they were only 19 and 20 years old. How do you feel if somebody would have said back then they had no chance. More or less that's what you're saying about Tatum. Not saying he will end up on that level but to say no chance means you are very closed minded

Edited by resilient part 2

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Kawhi didn’t have any of those things. Tatum has similar advanced stats to some of the best players in the league in his second season. Anyone can learn to facilitate. He has a super advanced offensive game for a second year player, stop this non-sense. Giannis was nothing but a good athlete his first two seasons, good thing guys can improve eh?

7 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Kawhi didn’t have any of those things. Tatum has similar advanced stats to some of the best players in the league in his second season. Anyone can learn to facilitate. He has a super advanced offensive game for a second year player, stop this non-sense. Giannis was nothing but a good athlete his first two seasons, good thing guys can improve eh?

Giannis had elite length and was a facilitator. They both had elite physical tools. Tatum doesn't. But keep ignoring that. You have to have elite traits or an elite tool to be in the top 10. Tatum has neither. 

Edited by beekay414

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Giannis had elite length and was a facilitator. They both had elite physical tools. Tatum doesn't. But keep ignoring that. You have to have elite traits or an elite tool to be in the top 10. Tatum has neither. 

Oh really so what was it that Paul George had when he was a rookie?, or Jimmy Butler for that matter

Edited by resilient part 2

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Ironic.  Brandon Ingram is nothing more than a role player, but the second someone tries to put a limit on Tatum it's a travesty.  Keep up your ridiculous double standard, I'm enjoying it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

I never thought he meant the Lakers wanting #6 directly.  It would be a 3-way for a vet like Beal plus other stuff.  I would take Ball only because the last thing we need is another 19 year old.

I mean, the Lakers aren't "resetting" their PG position again unless we're getting a clear upgrade over Lonzo.  For all of his issues, Lonzo still adds quite a bit of value and the Lakers are clearly better with him on the court.  I could see them looking for a running mate next to him, but I don't see them drafting a replacement.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:07 PM, seminoles1 said:

Why not?

Because I don't think the Lakers are interested in "resetting" the PG position for the third time without a clear upgrade.  I think the only way Lonzo Ball becomes available is if the Lakers had a clear upgrade, i.e. Kyrie Irving, in the wings.  They traded D'Angelo Russell to clear Timofey Mozgov's contract, so there was at least value there.  Swapping one PG for another PG with significantly more risk doesn't seem like something the Lakers are keen on doing with LeBron in the fold.  If they're moving Lonzo, it's part of a trade for Anthony Davis IMO.  Maybe Bradley Beal if they sign Kyrie, and can't get New Orleans to budge.

On 5/18/2019 at 5:29 PM, MookieMonstah said:

It’s not. I don’t hate the Lakers, they’ve been irrelevant for 10 years. It’s just facts, Zach Lowe had a good discussion about it on his podcast. The Lakers package is basically a collection of role players, it’s not what you want for a guy like AD.

Clearly you do.  You haven't posted an iota of logic behind any of your argument.  Somehow when @beekay414 calls Tatum a #2 at best, you're talking about how it's too early to put any kind of limit on what he can be.  But you just got done talking about how Ingram was a role player.  Don't even try and argue otherwise.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Clearly you do.  You haven't posted an iota of logic behind any of your argument.  Somehow when @beekay414 calls Tatum a #2 at best, you're talking about how it's too early to put any kind of limit on what he can be.  But you just got done talking about how Ingram was a role player.  Don't even try and argue otherwise.

I’ve said Ingram has the ceiling of a good #3 on a contender somewhere in the 8 threads discussing an AD trade. Ingram just isn’t particularly great at anything and he’s heading into his 4th season. 

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

“Elite length”. Oy. Kawhi didn’t have elite physical tools anymore than Tatum does. I still think Tatum is the best asset the Pelicans are getting unless mystery teams jump in.