2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, CWood21 said:

Carried?  The Raptors won 59 games the prior year, and made it to the second round.  They won 58 games with Kawhi and won a championship.  That's not carrying.  That's elevating.

So he elevated his play and led his team to a title. AD has never done anything remotely close to what Kawhi did this season. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

Yes.  Mediocre.  Jrue Holiday isn't very good.  He's at best a #3 on a championship team, and DMC hasn't played winning ball in his career yet.

If AD was a superstar he should be able to elevate them. LeBron took Larry Huges, Drew Gooden, and Snow to the NBA finals. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Jrue Holiday is head and shoulders better than anyone on the Lakers roster outside of LeBron/AD. 

I can't believe I just read that sentence, but it definitely cements my thoughts that he may be THE most underrated guy in the league. He's a legit #2 on a contender depending on the other star. Lebron and Jrue would win a championship.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Eh. ADs supporting cast really wasn't all that horrible. Jrue is a really good player. They had a few decent role players over the past few years. AD just can't carry a team like other stars can. He's probably the best #2 guy in the league but its pretty clear he isn't a "carrier" like Lebron, Kawhi, KD, Harden etc.

It certainly isn't good.  You're not winning a championship with Jrue Holiday as your #2.  He's at best a #3 on a championship team.  DeMarcus Cousins hasn't played winning ball, and the rest of the supporting cast is average at best.  You can't make chicken soup with chicken crap.

• Like 1

Holiday is a former All-Star and has been All-NBA defense the past two seasons. But he's not very good!?! Give me a break. I can already hear it now when the Lakers fall short this year it'll be because "AD/LeBron didn't have enough help." 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

It certainly isn't good.  You're not winning a championship with Jrue Holiday as your #2.  He's at best a #3 on a championship team.  DeMarcus Cousins hasn't played winning ball, and the rest of the supporting cast is average at best.  You can't make chicken soup with chicken crap.

If Kawhi Leonard, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, or Steph Curry is your #1 and Holiday is your #2 you can certainly win a championship. 

The issue is, with Jrue his entire career they missed the playoffs more than made it. Thats not a positive reflection on AD. A Superstar isn't missing the playoffs in most years.

Its very hard for a big man to carry a team in todays NBA. AD is the best #2 in the league, but he'll never be a #1 on a championship team because of how he plays.

So...let's go back to that train of logic we've been on so far.  How come Jrue hasn't gone further?

Because hes not a superstar or top 10 NBA player. He's still very good. I'd consider Klay Thompson very good but he certainly isn't a #1 on an NBA team. He's a good #2 and a really, really good #3.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So he elevated his play and led his team to a title. AD has never done anything remotely close to what Kawhi did this season. 

When has Anthony Davis had nearly the damn near ideal situation that Kawhi just had?  Kawhi was able to walk the Raptors through the Eastern Conference until the ECF against the Bucks.  But more importantly, they ran into a hobbled Golden State team.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jrue Holiday is head and shoulders better than anyone on the Lakers roster outside of LeBron/AD. 

You mean, someone's best player would be the 3rd best player on a top-heavy team?  Shocker.  Now you're just twisting my words.

Just now, CWood21 said:

When has Anthony Davis had nearly the damn near ideal situation that Kawhi just had?  Kawhi was able to walk the Raptors through the Eastern Conference until the ECF against the Bucks.  But more importantly, they ran into a hobbled Golden State team.

He was able to walk them through the Philadelphia series? Where they played a team with 4 max contract guys and it went 7 games? The series that he hit one of the most clutch shots in NBA history to win?