2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

If Zion does not get traded from the Pelicans , how does zion and Julius Randle supposed to work? There has to be some sort of trade in there

Randle has a player option. He can also go back to coming off the bench.

I think Randle leaves. Not a good fit with Zion and he will almost certainly want more than a 6th man role after the stats he put up. He's not as valuable as the basic stats suggest, but I'm interested to see if he improves and become a better point forward.

Edited by amac

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Randle has a player option. He can also go back to coming off the bench.

Randle might feel that Zion , who hasn't proven anything yet, starting over him, may be too difficult to digest. Might be great watching them go at it in practice though.

I feel crazy but I was comparing Zion to Randle before this happened. I guess I just don't see the hype yet. If he improves his passing/handling/shooting, he's got the chance to be kinda like Blake Griffin lite in a few years. If not, what separates him from Randle? Other than being a better athlete....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

I feel crazy but I was comparing Zion to Randle before this happened. I guess I just don't see the hype yet. If he improves his passing/handling/shooting, he's got the chance to be kinda like Blake Griffin lite in a few years. If not, what separates him from Randle? Other than being a better athlete....

you are not alone in this. Zion is a very unique prospect. But those that are saying he is a generational talent are overly optimistic IMO. 

But he will sell more tickets,

Edited by resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Just from the bits I've seen Zion is another stratosphere of explosiveness, probably more defensive potential as well

4 minutes ago, amac said:

Just from the bits I've seen Zion is another stratosphere of explosiveness, probably more defensive potential as well

Probably? Randle is one of the worst defensive players in the league. Zion can be a true difference maker.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Probably? Randle is one of the worst defensive players in the league. Zion can be a true difference maker.

I don't watch much college ball. That is just based on the very little that I've seen of him actually looking quick and stuffing the -ish out of people

I dont know if I'd go that far on Randle, though he's definitely a negative

1 minute ago, amac said:

I don't watch much college ball. That is just based on the very little that I've seen of him actually looking quick and stuffing the -ish out of people

I dont know if I'd go that far on Randle, though he's definitely a negative

In other words you don’t know what you’re talking about?