2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

16 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

CP3 is not getting traded. Our owner and GM have both said as much repeatedly. I know people lie, but no one speaks in such certain terms over and over again and then trades a player. He is on a bad contract, but its not like hes John Wall. The guy is still a high level starter in the league on one of the best teams in basketball the last 2 seasons. Capela isnt going anywhere either. Gordon might be traded but only if the deal makes sense and brings us a starting SF like Robert Covington or on his level. 

Some people just make stuff up. Woj used to be so legit, then he went to ESPN and now hes writing a gossip column. 

interested in if you can give me some specific examples of Woj lying 

10 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I know I can give BUCKETS full of Owners & GMs making contradictory moves to things they have said (not even that far in the past)

Paul may never have explicitly asked for a trade, but I think its pretty certain that he doesnt want to be there anymore.

14 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Did Woj even report that CP3 requested a trade? 

And there is FAR too much smoke here for this to not have a whole a lot of truth to it...the CP3/Harden dynamic that is. Did CP3 request a trade? I don't know, but Shams said yesterday that the Rockets called around basically asking to dump CP3 for nothing and teams said "nah, we're good" LOL. Of course if they couldn't even dump him, the owner/GM will now say they have no plans of trading him...Because well, it's pretty damn difficult to do so. 

22 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I know I can give BUCKETS full of Owners & GMs making contradictory moves to things they have said (not even that far in the past)

Paul may never have explicitly asked for a trade, but I think its pretty certain that he doesnt want to be there anymore.

Yeah I saw Russilo said that he hasn't requested a trade but he wants out both can be true. But Woj hasn't reported that. 

There are actual journalists that do real reporting on the NBA (Woj is one of them) so the blatant disbelief in their work is obviously a product of 2019 America I suppose. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Everyone is saying Kyrie Irving is going to the Nets but I think the Lakers are the second most likely destination if not the frontrunner.

Its not everyone saying its Kyrie literally giving the Nets every indication he is signing with them. The Nets have a great FO led by Marks and he wouldnt be making all these moves if he didnt know for sure if Kyrie isnt coming to Brooklyn. Not just that but Kyrie just got a house near Brooklyn and he fired his agents and switched to Rock Nation which one of the guys twin brother is president of the Nets. So this isnt just smoke to fire. This is the fire truck speeding down the street with loud sirens lol. You know there is a fire. The question is really not if Kyrie is coming to Brooklyn but rather what are the Nets going to do with that other max slot? Will it be resign D'Lo, still go after KD and reshirt him for a year, go hard after Kawhi, look at Butler, look at Harris, look at Porzingis, or trade for a superstar? Like what other move will the Nets make because Kyrie to Brooklyn is nearly a lock unless Kyrie literally changes his mind last minute which he could very well do thats why nothing is 100% until its actually official. 

Edited by stl4life07

6 hours ago, champ11 said:

Daryl Morey said he called Woj on the phone to ask why he was reported the entire rockets roster is on the block. Especially harden and CP3. 

Theres only a lot of smoke because one person says something and 15 people report what that one person said. 

Everyone has denied it. Morey has even gone out of his way to say it’s not true. It’s not like he’s dodging questions about it, he’s bringing it up himself.