2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

If the guy's stupid enough to believe this: "Or maybe he (Paul George) realized that the Lakers are one of the worst run franchises in the league and he'd have a better shot at winning in OKC?"  I'm glad he stayed in no man's land.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You're meaning to tell me that the same GM who dumped a young all-star PG just to get rid of Tim Mosgov's terrible deal that he gave him a year earlier isn't a genius? Well I'll tell ya wut.. 

Pelinka didn't sign Mozgov and Deng. I actually don't think that was a super awful move.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I never once mentioned money or endorsements, just said that those two are more popular players off the court. It's debatable with AD now after that recent championship and playoff performance. Regardless though, marketability doesn't have anything to do with the fact that one guy will be the third fiddle. LeBron will dominate the ball like has his entire career, so one of them will get significantly fewer looks than they ever have in their career. Is it going to be Rich Paul aka the GM's butt buddy or are they all going to bow down to Kawhi Leonard? We're talking about 3 of the biggest egos in the league right here with Bron, AD, and RP, but you're expecting them to just all defer to Kawhi Leonard. Wishful thinking at its finest...

Popularity usually is followed by endorsement money.  And because Anthony Davis asked to be dealt from the Lakers makes him one of the biggest egos in the league?  LMAO.  He was in an awful situation with nothing to show from it.  Since Anthony Davis was drafted by the Pelicans, they made the playoffs twice in his 7 years there seems like a reasonable amount of success to have for arguably a top 5 player in the NBA.  The best teammate that Anthony Davis has played with was Jrue Holiday, whom the Sixers dumped for a lottery pick that turned out to be Nerlens Noel.  The rest of his notable teams included E'Twaun Moore, Omer Asik, Nikola Mirotic, etc.  It's no wonder he asked to be dealt from the Pelicans, but yeah he's got a HUGE ego.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Or maybe he realized that the Lakers are one of the worst run franchises in the league and he'd have a better shot at winning in OKC? Either way he changed his mind so I'm not sure why you're so hell-bent on the fact that there's not even a slight possibility Kawhi could change his? Maybe he was dead set on getting back to LA after last season, you know where he was hurt and dealing with issues all year? Maybe he wanted to be closer to home and his camp after things ended on a sour note with the Spurs. But he just had a historic season and won his second title, he literally just made one of the biggest 180's in sports history. Going from a year where he didn't play and no one knew if he'd be the same player when he did get back to being arguably considered the consensus best player in the league. 

And after that you expect him to be in the same head space he was a year ago? And he's mentally weak if he changed his mind? Lmao. 

And it's possible, but I tend to take the more obvious answer that's in front of me.  He took the money, plain and simple.  And again, your inability to read what I'm posting is going to kill this conversation.  I said he was mentally weak if he was afraid to play with LeBron.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You're delusional if you think there hasn't been a media circus surrounding the Lakers since LeBron showed up. It wasn't just BSPN, it was every freaking major news outlet in the sports journalism community reporting about how much of a mess your front office has become. But again, it's all just a conspiracy to keep the Lakers down. Woj and the ESPN executives are all sitting around together, conspiring, planning, how they can take LeBron James down... MUAHAHAHA. 

ESPN is literally about the clicks.  They were hurting for money.  They don't make money with all the happy go lucky pieces about the Spurs and whoever else.  They get their clicks off of franchises like the Lakers, Knicks, Red Sox, Yankees, Patriots, etc.  LIS, find me a positive article from ESPN on the Lakers in the last 12 months.  You won't.

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What are you possibly basing it off of that Pelinka is an idiot?  He's given you no reason to think that's the case.

Dude, almost every move Pelinka has made leads us to believe he's incompetent. Dude couldn't even send an email correctly which is why Magic bailed. I've been mostly pro-Laker for these arguments on here but this is absurd. Pelinka botching the timing of the AD trade is absolutely par for the course.

You said he was mentally weak because he was deadset on being a Laker last year but changed his mind after 12 months, a historic season, and another NBA championship. Dude himself said he was down in the dumps after the 2017-2018 season and being away from the game for a year. As I said in my previous post, I'm sure he wanted to be in LA to be close to home with his camp after such a terrible year. But this past season was a complete 180 and he's probably in the best headspace / position he has ever been in during his entire career. So obviously it's going to change his decision. 

Every team deals with injuries and as LeBron has done throughout his entire career, when things don't go his way, he went running! #MentallyWeak

No.  I said he was mentally weak if he was afraid of playing with LeBron.  If his reason for not playing with LeBron is because he's afraid of playing in LeBron's shadow I'm a bit concerned with him.

15 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

His entire run as GM of the Lakers has given me that indication.

I mean, using D'Angelo Russell to clear max cap space to sign LeBron James, taking the risk of dealing Jordan Clarkson and LNJ to the Cavaliers to open up a 2nd max contract space, signing LeBron James as a FA, and then swinging a deal for Anthony Davis.  Yup.  That's an awful GM to have.

• Like 1

You're meaning to tell me that the same GM who dumped a young all-star PG just to get rid of Tim Mosgov's terrible deal that he gave him a year earlier isn't a genius? Well I'll tell ya wut.. 

If it meant clearing max cap space for LeBron James, absolutely.  D'Angelo Russell blossomed in Brooklyn, not Los Angeles.  That was a deal that worked out for everyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Dude, almost every move Pelinka has made leads us to believe he's incompetent. Dude couldn't even send an email correctly which is why Magic bailed. I've been mostly pro-Laker for these arguments on here but this is absurd. Pelinka botching the timing of the AD trade is absolutely par for the course.

Do you believe everything ESPN puts out there?  Do you truly believe that Rob Pelinka doens't know how to send an e-mail?  Or is it far more likely that an employee loyal to Magic filled him in on this supposed e-mail?  These mental gymnastics some people are trying to make to justify the ESPN article is astounding.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Do you believe everything ESPN puts out there?  Do you truly believe that Rob Pelinka doens't know how to send an e-mail?  Or is it far more likely that an employee loyal to Magic filled him in on this supposed e-mail?  These mental gymnastics some people are trying to make to justify the ESPN article is astounding.

I don't even watch ESPN. When it's 10 on 1 arguing and the one is a fan of said team, the ten are probably right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  I said he was mentally weak if he was afraid of playing with LeBron.  If his reason for not playing with LeBron is because he's afraid of playing in LeBron's shadow I'm a bit concerned with him.

The only reason he'd be afraid to play with LeBron is because he'd be carrying him to a title while Bron Bron gets all the credit. 

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

ESPN is literally about the clicks.  They were hurting for money.  They don't make money with all the happy go lucky pieces about the Spurs and whoever else.  They get their clicks off of franchises like the Lakers, Knicks, Red Sox, Yankees, Patriots, etc.  LIS, find me a positive article from ESPN on the Lakers in the last 12 months.  You won't.

So 10+ media outlets report that the Lakers front office is in disarray but it's all false information? Okie dokie.