2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

I also didn’t mean to generalize @The LBC look let’s ignore the original post that you quoted. It was mostly done in a joky-anger and was completely one sided and only included half truths like everything I deal with here in the basketball forum. 

I never said Toronto was superior to LA in terms of marketing or branding. I merely suggested that Toronto was a damn good market and that being in LA wasn’t the be all end all (I know you didn’t say that but that’s the general concecus). I’m not even joking I think there may be some young kids on here that believe Toronto is Cleveland except we live in igloos (okay I’ll slow down with the hyperbole from here on out). 

The general point I have been trying to make for the past 350 days is that Toronto is a damn good city, a damn good team and a good place to live with plenty of opportunities on and off the court. I could have done that without attacking LA or calling them the littler brother but when you are trying to do the same thing over and over again it’s just harder and harder to do without going off. 

I have many times built the case for why he would leave and why the clippers are the only option and only team as of right now I fear he’d leave for (sure if he signs with Toronto for 2/3 years then that could change). 

Again I don’t want to generalize and I don’t want to say this is you but there are many Clippers fans that have gone all season thinking Kawhi was a lock to join them next year and are only now becoming fearful he may not. 

When you look at it from my perspective that’s 350+ days of people laughing and saying enjoy the rental. People think it’s comical to respond to my post simply with a photo of Kawhi in a clippers jersey. That’s fine if they find that amusing then sure but the general vibe from not only nba insiders but 95% of fans for a majority of the year at least before Toronto won the title it has decreased some is he’s gone and it’s grown tiresome. 

Kawhi’s decision is probably based on about 10 different factors (I’m sure weather is at the bottom of the list I’ll slow down on using that they way I want) but I’m not sure if anyone knows the correct order if winning now is one or if going home is one or if branding is one, etc. 

People simply don’t know Kawhi he is an extremely private person and I don’t believe 99% of the scuttlebut from day to day talk shows but it’s impossible to ignore around here at this time. It’s draining. 

You can lay the case for why LA is a better bet because of brand and business opportunity and I can repeatedly yell out we just won a damn championship but in the end no one knows. 

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Where is this coming from, is there new information. 

Tons of tweets that KD is pissed and feels like GS staff misled him, which they did. Telling a dude with a severe calf strain that it can’t get worse is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

@Utley

What kind of contract do you think Jeremy Lamb is in line for? Sports Illustrated didn't even have him as a top 50 free agent...Pelton at ESPN had him 12th.

Over the cap MLE

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

@Utley

What kind of contract do you think Jeremy Lamb is in line for? Sports Illustrated didn't even have him as a top 50 free agent...Pelton at ESPN had him 12th.

Pelton is an idiot. He’s always trying to outsmart everyone but ends up looking stupid. 

18 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Pelton is an idiot. He’s always trying to outsmart everyone but ends up looking stupid. 

A lot of important people have a lot of respect for Kevin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Listening to CWood you'd think that Jeanie and Rob P have built multiple powerhouse dynasty's and have 15 executive of the year awards under the belt. 

Not sure if you're really bad at this whole trolling thing or just incapable of reading.

8 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Tons of tweets that KD is pissed and feels like GS staff misled him, which they did. Telling a dude with a severe calf strain that it can’t get worse is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

Tweets from KD himself? 

Didn’t KDs own doctors say the same thing reportedly? 

Also that’s not was said about it getting worse. That’d be nonsense. Of course there’s a reinjury risk. What was said that there’d be no risk to an Achilles tear if he came back. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Rob P for executive of the year baby. 

Agreed. When that guy Magic was meddling...no AD. Soon as he's gone and finally Rob P is in charge...immediately trade for AD.

These annoying cap numbers are irrelevant, Pelinka has looked at the calendar and noticed July 6 arrives before July 30, and he's running with that knowledge.*

* note: Pelinka was supposed to run with George Lynch in the '93 NCAA title game between North Carolina and Michigan. That's why Lynch's move was Dunk of the Game.™